Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

Good post- I think it is important that some of these respectable men are viewed, as mistake making men-like the rest of us...no blatant cheaters and liars...too bad their mistakes 1) are so public 2) affect so many people 3) get talked about on a message board...

How do you suggest that an administrator/athletic director allows someone to practice with their schools teams during the school year even though they are not enrolled in your school, attending your school, covered by insurance, etc.? I can think of no way that you can simply say that a respectable man can make a mistake like this and justify it. If this occured, it is a blatant disreguard for the rules that all schools are expected to go by.....not a misunderstanding that we should excuse!

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One would think all the private schools would have been keeping a close ete on the BA case. I doubt many private school coaches were blind to the rules. Ithought Temple was cheating last season , I told them so and they all screamed ,prove it. Itold them ,Ididn't work for the TSSAA and I wasn't Perry Mason. Looks like someone called their bluff. When a team picks up a quality QB out of nowhere to go with the Coaches son who just happened to be an all state receiver,thing look funny.

Sure. But who hasn't thought we knew something, only to find out we missed a detail somewhere. Albeit an important one. Kind of like reading an instruction manual to put something together only to find out later we missed an important step toward the beginning. Ugh!

Yeah, I hate that. Especially if it is at the beginning because there is a good chance you have to break the whole thing down and start over.

And looking at this with a little humanity as you said is not a bad thing at all. We should do it in all aspects of our life. I was just trying to say though that I think the TSSAA will probably look at the whole thing more in black and white. We are all human, and we all make mistakes and have misunderstandings. The TSSAA may take that into consideration on certain issues if they feel the people involved really did misunderstand (tuition swap). But I think most of it though they are going to look at it as just plain breaking the rules (kids from other schools practicing under both coaching staffs) even if the staff really did just make a mistake.

I don't know if they really want to make an example out of anyone. They may, I just wouldn't think so. I think that this is just a case of enforcing the rules, not make an example.

After the BA case, they might want to make a statement. Private schools are controlled by the TSSAA ,just like everyone else.

i tend to agree with the sailor. another question i have deals with the final decision. is ronnie carter ultimately the one who will decide the penalty, or is there a board or panel who delivers the verdict?

Carter has the authority to issue the decision and decide penalties. It can be appealed to the Board of Control.