Maryville @ Alcoa

the1andonly13

I know alcoafan72. And be careful, when you start thowing out those words like "diametrical" ... your educatin' starts to show!!! Good luck tonight! Are you in town?

Lol...I can't make it this year so i guess I'll have my ears glued to the raydio broadcass on this here innernet doohicky (I hope that makes up for the diametrical faux pas). Anyway thanks for the well wishes oh yeah great win(s) for the Govs...btw I sure wish I had hollered at you at last year's game, but we all know what happened to really dampen things. Good luck the rest of the season.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

along with that, he was talking down the WB coaching staff, just stating fact. Alcoa has a great coaching staff, as does maryville. I mean just look at what the two head coaches from each have done. Qualres record is almost flawless, and coach Rankin is no stranger to winning. and it seems that the words State championships and each coaches name go hang-in-hand when talking about high school football in east tennessee. I know that Meadows has a state championship under his belt, but lets not forget what school that happened at.

along with that, he was talking down the WB coaching staff, just stating fact. Alcoa has a great coaching staff, as does maryville. I mean just look at what the two head coaches from each have done. Qualres record is almost flawless, and coach Rankin is no stranger to winning. and it seems that the words State championships and each coaches name go hang-in-hand when talking about high school football in east tennessee. I know that Meadows has a state championship under his belt, but lets not forget what school that happened at.

Correction. He was not "stating fact" ... he was stating his opinion. Obviously you share the same opinion. No one from WB has questioned the coaching ability of Coach Quarles nor Coach Rankin. If you (or FBE) want to degrade ours, that is certainly your perogative. I'm sure both of you are quite knowledgeable of football and it certainly is easy to get on here, hide behind a screen name, and tear down other schools and other school's coaching staffs.

At WB, we are quite happy with Coach Meadows and his staff and are real happy to be off to a 2 & 0 start. Good luck tonight !!! I hope both teams play well and stay injury free. It should be a great game.

Good post Govman. Congratulations to the WB and don't let anyone spoil the start of a great season. And Trey1988 never end a sentence with a preposition " but lets not forget what school that happened at" even an old Everett boy caught that one. Should be a good one tonight, good luck to both teams........

Good post Govman. Congratulations to the WB and don't let anyone spoil the start of a great season. And Trey1988 never end a sentence with a preposition " but lets not forget what school that happened at" even an old Everett boy caught that one. Should be a good one tonight, good luck to both teams........

I didn't know that gramer and speeling wer a necesity on these here threads....I wil endevor to du better in the futur wen I post on it..... They learned us good at Lainier to.....

maryville is up 21-14 at halftime. the rebels offense is not spending much time on the field while the tornado offense is keeping the rebs defense on the field for a long time. pretty good game so far, crowd seems smaller than in past years but theres still a lot of people here tonight. th alcoa qb is making 99% of the plays for alcoa. maryville on the other side ran a kickoff back for a TD, rebs QB threw one so did their WR. both teams used a trick play (almost the same one) for a TD.

Congratulations MHS.... too much depth(same story here) and not enough answers for the receivers especially Douglas. But Alcoa's D looked very good with some bright spots on the O. The young players (Toney and Co.) are going to cause some fits for some teams on Alcoa's run to the Boro. As I saw it the score really doesn't reflect how well both teams played-again good win Rebs.

seemed like every time alcoa had a little momentum or success, Maryville responded with a huge play. that is just so disheartening to a player and team. think the depth of maryville obviously played a role and douglas is just a great mismatch, I saw him steal a sure interception early in the game from thompson with a great catch. Soem bright spots for alcoa though, so keep you head up boys, and congrats to the rebels.