DB vs. William Blount

db123

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OUCH!

At least they'll give Science Hill a good game. Thats the one the DB fans have decided will save the season.

Oh your just mad about the Indians beating your Vikings again this year. I don't know why though. Your so ashamed of the Vikings you pose as a Maryville fan. Thats funny right there. You even have it backwards concerning the Science Hill game. Its Science Hill thats looking ahead to the DB game. You and my grandmother should get together. She don't know much about football either.

If DB doesn't at least have some semblence of a passing attack then they might as well not get off the bus. WB has a really stout front seven and while you may be able to have a succesful running play here or there they will not allow many drives sustained by the ground attack only. Walker at DE and Cail at LB were men among boys against us.

As far as the secondary, our inexperienced QB and Receivers were rather anemic in the passing game so I can't really tell how good or bad they are (WB did have one pick six on a terrible pass down at our goal line and another one on a nice play by the DB). However, I do know that no one dimensional team can grind out a victory via the run on this bunch.

As far as the offense, WB also has opened it up more this year so they are more effective at passing the ball then previous seasons. The only concern I would have if I was a Gov fan was that this new passing offense seemed to transform them into more of a finesse team. I was expecting to get hammered on by a bruising rushing attack (much like last year) with the occasional pass mixed in. However, because of their inconsistency in running the ball they struggled some sustaining drives and punching the the ball into the endzone.

Post game observations:

WB has a really nice team (especially their defense)

DB will probably play them closer than us (based on assumption of better Secondary and better QB & Receiver play)

WB will still win however, 23 - 10

After this weekends losses and seeing other games it is apparent that Region 1 is really down and inferior again to our Region 2 brethren this year. Any one of their top four teams could win region 1 IMO.

You will be surprised how small DB's secondary is. When TnH backs got loose it looked like the rodeo was in town. Not only are the DBacks small but some of the LBs too. Sometimes small ones can hit, but not these, they look very weak. Tn H moved the ball better and they were a young team. The kick off WAS the back breaker for TnH. GC does not go to his bench and the Govs will wear down the tribe. Our punting will hurt us giving up field position. Kicker may save us some games this season, but not this time. If #2 is out, 35-10 the Govs.

You will be surprised how small DB's secondary is. When TnH backs got loose it looked like the rodeo was in town. Not only are the DBacks small but some of the LBs too. Sometimes small ones can hit, but not these, they look very weak. Tn H moved the ball better and they were a young team. The kick off WAS the back breaker for TnH. GC does not go to his bench and the Govs will wear down the tribe. Our punting will hurt us giving up field position. Kicker may save us some games this season, but not this time. If #2 is out, 35-10 the Govs.

Your probably not to far off this time. I already predicted DB would be 2-3 by game 5 so this is one they are supposed to lose. I say 28-3 William Blount.

Sorry FBE ... as you know, that misappropriation of funds thing is a sensitive subject down our way also.

I hope you're right about the stadium being packed. I expect DB to "travel well" and bring a good crowd and I believe the Governor faithful will be out in full force, but I believe we'll still need some help from Maryville, Alcoa, & Heritage folks who just want to see what SHOULD be a good football game, if we're going to pack it to capacity.

Gov Man

I'm going to keep quite on this subject due to the trouble I caused last week..... But.... I have spoken with many of our Rebel bretheren who said they would be there..... Welcome ALL..( even you Rebel9)..GO Govs

If I didn't have to work I would be there.

I hope William Blount wins because I want Maryville and William Blount to be undefeated when they play each other. If that happens could you imagine the crowd that will be at William Blount?

William Blount and Maryville has some big games coming up before we get ahead of ourselves.

I think the game will be won on the legs of LT (Lane Taylor). If he can get a movin down that field and hit the holes there will be no stopping him!!

Than you need to run thru the holes or make one and quit trying to outrun the corners.You have got some wheels but so does alot of people Lane.

DB gets the chance to rattle WB's season. I don't think they will forget the last meeting. IF DB est a passing game to go with the nice running they have it is going to be hard for DB to win this game. They won't lay down and give this game to WB. Mistakes could very well determine the outcome. It is going to be a great game to see Thursday.

DB should be more of challenge for that d than last week's game.