Is the marching band a sport

KEV-O

Is the marching band a sport?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Is the marching band a sport?

Well I would not say that using and instrument makes it not a sport. ( Some of the instruments they use are ALOT heavier than a football, basketball, baseball, golf club, etc. (That is a joke just because an instrument is heavier then a football, bball, etc...... does not make it a sport. If you want to play like that then what about the weights in the weight room I bench 250 that is more then most band members weigh.) I really do think that they are very athletic in the ART ( of band even if you or anybody else like TSSAA does not think it is a "sport". That's okay though, we are in a league of our own( yes your right it's called band). Maybe somebody has a logical answer to why cheering is but band isn't. ( i gave a logical answer but you are to hard headed to understand it) Thanks anyway!!!!

Ok say Blink-182 runs around when they do there show does that make there show a sport?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KEV-O, I see that your reading skills and comprehension level are pretty low or you are very lazy. You need to go back and read alot of the replies. You make no sense. I bet, if you play football, that you are the guy that fills the water cups and takes them out to the players. Wa-Wa-Wa-Waterboy!!! You say you bench 250lbs. That must be from all of the water cooler lifting. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I think I have typed out in another reply that I feel like band is an ART, a SPORT, and an ENTERTAINMENT. You are right on one thing, it IS MY opinion and they are just like bellybuttons, everybody has one. That is why we all reply different. This is to let people know the differences of those opinions. Again, thanks for the hype. It is very entertaining!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I believe you will make a great band member after all!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Water boy haha I bet your that little fat girl that has not seen her toes since she left the whom an you just joined the band cuz your to fat an lazy to play a real sport so you call the marching band a sport so you feel athletic. An Im sure after you do your little half time show your so fat an out of shape you weez when your breath, an to help with the wheezing you make sure you get two of everything at the concession stand an you get a diet coke since you are watching your weight an you dont want to out grow your 3rd band uniform in one year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Actually, I am 6'2" and I do weigh 330 lbs. That is from my past football years in school. I am a PROUD band parent now. Of course, I do love football, but I love music as well. Maybe we can play football sometime!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Water boy haha I bet your that little fat girl that has not seen her toes since she left the whom an you just joined the band cuz your to fat an lazy to play a real sport so you call the marching band a sport so you feel athletic. An Im sure after you do your little half time show your so fat an out of shape you weez when your breath, an to help with the wheezing you make sure you get two of everything at the concession stand an you get a diet coke since you are watching your weight an you dont want to out grow your 3rd band uniform in one year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I've let ya say pretty much what you want to but ya keep name calling and I'll just start deleting your post and if you keep it up then you'll be reported to Coach T. I don't mind you thnk band isn't a sport (but it is) and use what ever you want to make your points but you start attacking people or keep the name calling going it will stop real quick.

I've let ya say pretty much what you want to but ya keep name calling and I'll just start deleting your post and if you keep it up then you'll be reported to Coach T. I don't mind you thnk band isn't a sport (but it is) and use what ever you want to make your points but you start attacking people or keep the name calling going it will stop real quick.

Did you see the post i was replying to? So I get my hand slapped because i was giving it back???? trademark777 is not even a girl so if HE ( a full grown MAN) was offended by it that is sad. I never made this tread to make people mad i was seeing what people thought, to get the band board going.

wow kevo looks like opened a can of worms haha this is the funniest topic ever. Is band a sport uh no. First off all u do is read music and u do the same dang show all year long, ok that doesn't take effort what about having to face 10 different defenses and offenses in one season adjusting every week. For good ness sakes whats up with the swords this year how stupid. i am 21 and what are half these songs the bands play i am ready for a tribute to lynard skynard for crying out loud. free bird, sweet home alabama. At atlanta a&t band might be a sport but in hs it what the untalented kids do to make friends

Well KEV-O, sorry if I caused any heart ache. I think if you can go back and read some of the post that I have been having fun with this. I am in no way offended. It is like I said, every one has their own opinion. I am an adult an if anyone thinks that this thread is going to stress me, think again. I don't think I have really said anything real bad, have I? If I have, I do appologize. I just know what the band members go through and it is soooooo much more than you or some of the other folks think it is. I highly respect all athletes. YES, I DO BELIEVE BAND MEMBERS ARE ATHLETIC!!! Again, read some of my other posts. I said anybody that can keep the grade and play sports or band or whatever extra you do, even the little kids these days in peewee division, has alot on their plate. I will say this too, if you are playing football, keep up the good work and give your best. I know you are definitly for your sport and I am definitly for supporting what I am for. So I guess my opinion has been posted and I better leave well enough alone. I am not on hear to upset anybody. BAND IS WHAT YOU MAKE OUT OF IT JUST LIKE ANYTHING ELSE YOU DO!!!!!! God bless and remember that JESUS is still in the SAVING business!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh yeah, you started this thread to see what people thought of band being a sport. YES, I THINK BAND SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A SPORT. It is nice though not having to really worry about all of the TSSAA rules. So, if it means having to start being under the TSSAA, keep it as it is known, a PERFORMING ART!!!!!!! I'll still be happy because whatever catagory it is in, I love marching bands. They add so much to a Friday night ball game!!! Yes, I like both a whole lot!!!!!!!! Again, this is MY opinion and YOU did start this thread. Thanks.

Oh yeah, you started this thread to see what people thought of band being a sport. YES, I THINK BAND SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A SPORT. It is nice though not having to really worry about all of the TSSAA rules. So, if it means having to start being under the TSSAA, keep it as it is known, a PERFORMING ART!!!!!!! I'll still be happy because whatever catagory it is in, I love marching bands. They add so much to a Friday night ball game!!! Yes, I like both a whole lot!!!!!!!! Again, this is MY opinion and YOU did start this thread. Thanks.

I think you're on to something there. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Lets hear what you think, an why you think its a sport.