Will Temple win a football game this year?

taydizzle

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the young ladds from Temple are in for a long season. If Temple would have abided by all rules then everything would have been fine. I feel sorry for the ones that are there now to clean up the mess.

This season's woes have nothing to do with bending the rules, it has a whole lot to do with loosing every starter to transfers and graduation....

Temple is improving by leaps and bounds. The only thing that hurt them this past Friday night was self-inflicted penalties. They are a very young team. I would be careful about betting the farm against Temple over two early scrimmages and an early game. Temple looked like a football team this past Friday night and was in the red zone often enough to win. The freshman quarterback committed four turnovers: two picks and two fumbles, the only ones of the game I think. SAS was probably as good as or a little better than David Brainerd and if Temple and David Brainerd were to match up as early as this Friday it would be a whole different ball game.

This is unquestionably a rebuilding year for Temple but, unlike Silverdale, Grace, David Brainerd, etc., these Temple kids know what it is like to be on top and will be again because they have the heart to persevere. Watch and see if Temple does not continue to improve over the course of the season. Silverdale and David Brainerd will both be surprised.

Silverdale and David Brainered will be surprised, you have got to be out of your mind! That has got to be the craziest thing i ve heard yet.

This season's woes have nothing to do with bending the rules, it has a whole lot to do with loosing every starter to transfers and graduation....

I know, but I still say abide by all of the rules and everything will always work out for the best. Bad things happen when people don't abide by all of the rules. It looks like Temple will be forced to bow down to the powers that be at the TSSAA state office. It seems like they are pretty much at their mercy in their current situation. Anyway, I hope everything works out for these young ladds.

Yes, it was an honest assessment. But it's hard enough to bounce back from a bad game, and to read about it on the internet isn't going to help. Temple's QB is tough as nails and probably won't be bothered by someone posting his bad stats, but for some kids it might be demoralizing. I just think we need to be careful.

You have got to be kidding me , man this aint rec ball, nobody said any names , just said what happened at that was it. Did you tell everyone at the game that saw it live not to say anything? i know what your getting at but as long as they dont call any names i dont see anything wrong with it, we all make mistakes and thats life which everyone seems to forget, he should learn from it and build on it, this is not UPWARDS FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!

I have only seen temple once and in fact i did watch them get manhandled that wet night in possumtown

You clearly don't know much about any of the teams you are talking about if you say that Gordonsville and Trousdale beat teams with Finesse, and South Pitt just POUNDS THE BALL!!!

Lookout Valley pounds the ball up the middle, i will give you that, and FCS runs alot of plays with speed and finesse, i will give you that too. But boy, you only got two out of five schools correct. go over to the Smith county Gordonsville thread and start flapping your gums about Gordonsville being a "finesse" team.

And i don't understand your argument, if red Boiling Springs can go up against bigger, stronger, faster opponents, play agianst them without anyone dying or getting hurt, Why can't temple? i just don't understand what kind of an argument your making.

Yeah, thats rich. Gv and finesse in the same sentence. GV plays football not ping pong. Yes RBS gets players hurt. As do all the rest of region 4 teams. If you plan on not getting players hurt I suggest you take up ping pong. You will get players hurt.

Dadoffour, for what it's worth, i'm not crazy about singling out players either. People can just as easily say "temple lost two fumbles and threw two picks, man they really beat themselves", as opposed to "the QB had four turnovers and really beat themselves"

Are the newspapers that forgiving posting the stats? Or writing the game summary? Which we all read. Not! So why hide it in here? Reading it may make one play better next time. There is only two kinds of ink. Negative and positive. If you are thin skinned stay out of sports. Its competitive you have heckling. This ain't pewee ball anymore. Cut the apron strings they ain't exactly men and they ain't exactly kids. They are learning to be men. Call this a learning lesson to be a man.