Ooltewah vs Billy Blunt

bipbopzot

Distraction is going to be too much. Owls loose to Govs this week and then to Maplewood next. After that we will see. Like all Owl fans I am very disappointed in the actions of a few. I will find it real hard to pull for the Owls if the allegations are true and the players are not removed from the team.

i agree with you 100% gonna be to much of a distraction. hope not but it dont look good.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the Ooltewah players, whether it's two or 10, really go onto the field and taunt the Ridgeland players? That alone should be grounds for being suspended a game or two.

It is still all under investigation. Who knows? I hope the Ooltewah players are smarter than that. My understanding is that it is only a couple of players.

Isn't Billy Blunt where the coach's dad fights newspaper reporters or something in the pressbox? Beware Owls

No i believe you are confused.

That would be like me saying Anderson County isnt that homosexuality was first discovered, see i dont have a clue what im talking about so im not going to say that. SEE WHERE IM COMING FROM BEAGLEBOY.

This is what I've surmised from today.

1. No football players will be suspended. That's my best guess, but it's definately educated.

2. Two former football players were involved. They had been priorly kicked off the team. I won't mention names.

3. There's no way that this is enough distraction to have any impact on this game. If we lose, I won't be making that excuse at all, and no one should. The fact that it's a home game for Blount, and they're loaded with seniors compared to our very youthful squad is a much better excuse for a loss. We are more talented though. I believe right now that we're the better team.

I guess I'm that loser that predicts his team getting beaten, and being pleasantly surprised when they aren't.

4. I feel sorry for anyone watching from the 50 yardline on Friday. I can imagine some jarring between the fans, and maybe a bit too much. This series is turning into a rivalry quick.

The rumors about him being at that game are true, but the rumors about him doing the fighting are a pretty strong false, Thats why rumors are rumors, It looks as if no players will be suspeneded as noted earlier and that the individuals who took part in the fight were former players and ooltewah students, As far as people saying they should get in trouble for talking smack in the stands or on the field needs to come to reality, Should they have done it? NO, but should they get punished for it, NO. We are talking about teenage boys, thats what they do. For anyone who thinks that kids from their team dont talk smack to other teams needs to get a reality check.

I for one am thankful. I agree with you. Talking smack is part of the game for teenage boys. I think the only ones that should get in trouble are the ones who actualy physically fought, regardless of who they are. Go Owls!

I for one am thankful. I agree with you. Talking smack is part of the game for teenage boys. I think the only ones that should get in trouble are the ones who actualy physically fought, regardless of who they are. Go Owls!

Any way you slice it, trying to start a fight is exremely poor sportsmanship. That they didn't actually participate in the fight in no way exonerates them. It sounds like these football players set the tone for others with less self control and this contributed to this assault. It's sickening to have 10 young men beating up a boy and girl. COWARDLY!!!

Starting a fight is not being kids. These young guys were in the wrong for starting anything at Ridgeland. When you wear shirts with your team name and logo all over it, you represent your team, community, and school by wearing those items. Acting like hoodlums makes the whole Ooltewah community and football team look bad. Hopefully, someone will take charge of this team and set them straight. A senior would be nice...