Best players to ever play at Alcoa High School?

BCsportsfan

All the Love brothers were pretty tough ... Mark signed with UT (didn't ever play much as I recall ... injury?); I played against Sam and Mitch. Both were great high school players. Mitch went on to play for Appy State. Stan is too old for me to remember much and I don't recall much about young Henry.

Barry Lail, from all I here, was really, really good.

I had to privilege to watch every game Little Al played his junior and senior years. I know he wasn't near the "power" player his daddy was ... but he was as good as I've ever seen at avoiding tackles. He was small, but he could run right into the middle of pile up of defenders and somehow shoot out the other side still runnin'. Shades of a Barry Sanders type runner. He was great at bouncing off tacklers and at changing direction at full speed.

Homer Henderson was an unbelievable talent. Dominque Kellogg??? think I'm right on the name, was a really great linebacker.

We've discussed on here before, but I believe Lester Whitted could have (potentially) been as good as anyone the Tornadoes ever had.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the Love brothers were pretty tough ... Mark signed with UT (didn't ever play much as I recall ... injury?); I played against Sam and Mitch. Both were great high school players. Mitch went on to play for Appy State. Stan is too old for me to remember much and I don't recall much about young Henry.

Barry Lail, from all I here, was really, really good.

I had to privilege to watch every game Little Al played his junior and senior years. I know he wasn't near the "power" player his daddy was ... but he was as good as I've ever seen at avoiding tackles. He was small, but he could run right into the middle of pile up of defenders and somehow shoot out the other side still runnin'. Shades of a Barry Sanders type runner. He was great at bouncing off tacklers and at changing direction at full speed.

Homer Henderson was an unbelievable talent. Dominque Kellogg??? think I'm right on the name, was a really great linebacker.

We've discussed on here before, but I believe Lester Whitted could have (potentially) been as good as anyone the Tornadoes ever had.

What years did Lester Whitted play?

I never saw Albert Davis but lots of people told me he was by far the best player ever to play in Blount County.

I saw lots of great players at Alcoa. Todd Upton,George Parker,Shannon Mitchell,Brandon Warren,Dustin Lindsey but the best player I ever seen at Alcoa was Billy Williams.

Some other legends at Alcoa were Bobby Keller,Sherwood Foster,Ritchie Marsh and Cameron McClusky.

Albert Davis sure was good. This young lad could play the game. He made several opponents bow down.

The most underrated player in Alcoa history, however, is linebacker Mike Tyson from the mid '90s.

I would have to agree on this statement...I played for Oneida during that time and played against him...probably the hardest hit in my whole career came from him while his was fullback and I played outside lb...he must of knocked my 5yds in the air...not many people will admit getting hit like that but you can see it plain as day on film and the tailback went right around me for a 92 yd score....

I would have to agree on this statement...I played for Oneida during that time and played against him...probably the hardest hit in my whole career came from him while his was fullback and I played outside lb...he must of knocked my 5yds in the air...not many people will admit getting hit like that but you can see it plain as day on film and the tailback went right around me for a 92 yd score....

i think another underated player, which happens to play linebacker also, is bart hicks. Back-2-Back Defensive MVPs in the state game is impressive. not to mention his stats and just how atheltic he was

I saw you all last year at Smith County in person Hix was the best LB I have seen on that field since Shocka Hill from Goodpasture. We have had some great ones but not with the size, strength and speed of those two.

I played against yall in the second round in '93. You had some great players on that team as well.

Shannon Mitchell, Billy Williams, Al Davis, Al Davis Jr, Mike Tyson, Dustin Lindsey, Brandon Warren, Kyrus Lanxter, Michael George, Tremayne Garner (2000 BCB MVP), Todd Upton, Bart Hicks, James Rainer, Jeffery Davis..... I will still say to this day one of the better RBs ive seen at Alcoa was Jerome Robinson. These days so many players are down after the first hit. Jerome probably had more rushing yards after the first hit then anyone ive ever seen. Once his hand hit the ground and he sprang back up you knew he was gone. I think he would have been more "exposed" to the public if we (2000 team) didnt have so many weapons