Best football player in TN History?

doakfsu1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

David Meske of webb has coached against top talent...exp. Troy Flemming, Patrick Turner, Brandon Warren, Jermaine Copeland just to name a few. He has even coached talent like NY Jets QB Chad Pennington. He said with out doubt that the best High School football player he has ever coached against was Golden Tate. I now he is not John Hannah or reggie white in the pros. But in terms of High School football only.... thats a pretty strong statement from someone who has been coaching football for 23 years in tennessee against some of the best the state has offered.

I seen Tate play a few times in HS and he was no doubt a great talent. He is not the best I have seen in TN though. I am going to go w/ just HS football and not count college or pros b/c there is a countless list of players you could choose from.

Curtis Woodard (East Robertson 1991) Mr.Football winner

Travis Stephens (Clarksville NE)

Conrad McCrary

Am good friends with ALOT of people from Milan including members of the Tucker family.....They told me Conrad was called "Bye, Bye".....He went 98 yards against them in 77 on a draw play....Milan won but said Conrad was the real deal....Played against his younger brother Brian when he was at Germantown...Later was an AA safety at FSU....Conrad played at Ole Miss ......

Augielio stated that Ronald Holland was the best player he saw....And he was indeed a man amongst boys....6-3 and 245 and the 100 yd sprint champ in 1977.....The Late Jack Cain put Holland at TB in the fall of 1976 after a being a really good TE.....It was something to see Holland run OVER or AROUND players back then.... He was PRE Herschel Walker/Bo Jackson/Marcus Dupree.....He was the real deal....And was recruited by everyone....But was a thug and ended up being kicked off the team....Ended up at TSU where he paired with Larry Kinnebrew and formed the big 500 backfield because they both weighed over 250 lbs each.....A knee injury robbed Holland of his game...But he has sired some pretty good athletes....Renardo and Ramon Foster, Rodney Carney and Ron Slay.....Best Player I ever saw in hs...

As an offensive player Dennis Rogan stats put him as one of the best in state history. Here they are for everyone to check out.

Dennis Rogan In State Record Book

As of 11/17/06 Dennis Rogan currently holds these positions in the state records for football. (Subject to verification by the TSSAA)

Most Consecutive 100-Yard Rushing Games

2nd 19 2005-2006

Most Points in a Career

8th 528 2003-2006

Most Points in a Season –Individual

3rd 258 2006

6th 220 2005

Most Rushing Touchdowns in a Season- Individual

T-4th 38 2006

T-9th 31 2005

Most Touchdowns in a Career

T-6th 83 2003-2006

Most Touchdowns in a Season –Individual

T-2nd 41 2006

T-5th 34 2005

ALL THESE NAMES AND I STILL HAVENT SEEN HIS NAME POP UP.....I TAKE IT MOST OF U HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ......KELCY WILLIAMS, RB/LB FROM HUMBOLDT TN....WHO JOHN TUCKER SAYS IS THE BEST PLAYER HES EVER COACHED....A MAN AMONGST BOYS WHILE N HS....AND HAVE U EVER SEEN HIM PLAY LB, MY GOODNESS...PUNISHING!!!! JUST THOUGHT I THROUGH HIS NAME OUT THERE....CAUSE SOME TOF THESE NAMES I C DONT EVEN COMPARE TO THE CAREER HE HAD N HS......AND THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY SEEN HIM PLAY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT.................THE BEST FB PALYER I/VE EVER SAW