Sullivan South vs Johnson County

HiGipper

I know (from your post) you know better, Daddio, so I'm not targeting you, just to make a point regarding this whole Joe Namath thing: I've been waiting since I first saw this for someone to jump on it. First, Phillips did not say he was Joe Namath, TCS added the Joe Namath thing. Second--agreeing with Daddio's comment---if you lose a hard, close game, I'd hope that 44 members of the team would make the same committment---but TCS did not interview 44. Phillips' worked as hard as anyone, and has committed himself to a goal, more than you can say about alot of our youth these days. He's good, no question. There's others that fall into this category from all around the area, as well, so I choose to admire all of the youth that fit this description, I enjoy their success on the field, and hope everyone encourages them to continue their leadership and excellence----------REMEMBER-one day you may suffer a heart attack or wake up from serious accident (I hope not) and standing over you is a group of well equipped and well trained doctors led by one of these fine young men----------i bet you'll wish them success then, huh??

Good post.

And like I said, I wouldn't want someone on my team that didn't feel that way. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a great battle in death valley, I am sure Coach Carter will have his running Rebs ready to go. If not and they give another lack luster preformance could be another carbon copy of last week.

But I am going to give the edge to Curt and his Crew! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

SS 21 JC 13

Would say JC 7, but they do have a better than average kicker.

Good luck Rebels and Longhorns! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This one could be closer than what you say just the very reason you stated , better than average kicker. And that could be the difference maker , but thats why we load the kids on the buses and play the game. Good luck to all.

This one could be closer than what you say just the very reason you stated , better than average kicker. And that could be the difference maker , but thats why we load the kids on the buses and play the game. Good luck to all.

You could be right on bigdaddy, if it stays close and JC has the ball last I would like thier chances! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Good Luck Rebs and Horns! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

After seeing J County in the Jamboree I testafied on their behalf. After watching them against South I conclude they are not the J County of '06. Leanord is a very good RB and he puts his head down and goes. Hard to tackle. He ran on us. But when you get 20-30 carries a game you should compile some yards. Prudhome is an Athlete. With the right QB he would be a deep threat every time. Their QB was very good also. No Jordan Greenway but good. Another RB and that's about all I saw. If they were in a lower classification I feel they would dominate. After our second early score they were disappointed. They came out after the half with emotion but it was short lived. Thay had a good pass rush. I expected the normal personal foul type of play J County is known for. No such thing. They played clean. I was kind of disappointed. I mean it's their claim to fame and always made the game interesting.

I'm sorry but South has a green taste in their mouth. It ain't gonna go away anytime soon. Not until we get another shot at them. Everybody played pretty good. We love it when the Winged T comes out. Stacy left Curt in too long. Everybody on here is going to be vocal about it. Our RB's are not going to get many carries...that is just a fact. Especially when you run by committee. I guess we're fortunate to have the numbers. Not much to say really. Curt just showed them what it looks like when you flip the Nitrous switch. I have a friend who lives in New Hampshire and was at the game. He said, "Wow, this guy is in another league."

Congratulations Rebels. Good luck 'Horns...you will still give some in the MLC caniption fits. Rebel Nation.

After seeing J County in the Jamboree I testafied on their behalf. After watching them against South I conclude they are not the J County of '06. Leanord is a very good RB and he puts his head down and goes. Hard to tackle. He ran on us. But when you get 20-30 carries a game you should compile some yards. Prudhome is an Athlete. With the right QB he would be a deep threat every time. Their QB was very good also. No Jordan Greenway but good. Another RB and that's about all I saw. If they were in a lower classification I feel they would dominate. After our second early score they were disappointed. They came out after the half with emotion but it was short lived. Thay had a good pass rush. I expected the normal personal foul type of play J County is known for. No such thing. They played clean. I was kind of disappointed. I mean it's their claim to fame and always made the game interesting.

I'm sorry but South has a green taste in their mouth. It ain't gonna go away anytime soon. Not until we get another shot at them. Everybody played pretty good. We love it when the Winged T comes out. Stacy left Curt in too long. Everybody on here is going to be vocal about it. Our RB's are not going to get many carries...that is just a fact. Especially when you run by committee. I guess we're fortunate to have the numbers. Not much to say really. Curt just showed them what it looks like when you flip the Nitrous switch. I have a friend who lives in New Hampshire and was at the game. He said, "Wow, this guy is in another league."

I agree with your friend that Phillips is in another league. WOW!! With that said, everyone knew this going in and the key was to keep him from running the ball. I think he had over 200 yards so obviously our staff didn't think this way. Taking out the one big run he still had over 100 yards. I have no idea why we didn't have a person assigned to spy on him. On your comment concerning personal fouls, that is one of our biggest issues with the group we have. They are not the type of kids that are going to play like that. Our staff does very well coaching the thugs but in my opinion they cannot relate to kids that play clean. Before I go any further I will say that I would love to see a change made in coaching.... not to win football games as much as to change the view people have about Johnson County and to develop good kids for the future. Winning will come with that. We needed to control the ball and we forgot that after the second score. The game plan hopefully was to run the ball but it looked like we went into panic mode half way thru the first quarter and went into the spread that has now gotten us drilled by two teams. I saw a South team that was very good and know this would have been a tough game to win for JC under the best of circumstances but I am shocked by our game planning. I believe in the boys with the pads on and know that if they are put in the right situation will bounce back. If it hadnt been for the players overcoming coaching we would be 0-4 in my opinion. If you need examples look no further than the AveryCO. game where they called 2 of the first three plays passes and both got picked deep in our territory. I dont think our QB was as much at fault as whoever put him in the situation. They dont understand these kids as I said and put them in situations that are not smart. You could hear members of the staff yelling at our QB to throw the second pick even though the receiver was double covered. JC has never won anything under this staff. Coach of the year for 3rd?? Give me a break. I am done with my soap box speach and obviously it is only my opinion. As with any school politics controls the decision making and you will never see a change unless they resign.

Wow, I expected to win this game, but I though it'd be tougher than this. I think this was a statement to the rest of the MLC.

And what's the statement? We already know that South is a one man team. Hopefully by the end of the season Curt's back will be worn out from carrying this team! How many teams do you know who's QB has more yards and carries than all of their RB's put together. Stop Curt Philips...you stop South. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

And what's the statement? We already know that South is a one man team. Hopefully by the end of the season Curt's back will be worn out from carrying this team! How many teams do you know who's QB has more yards and carries than all of their RB's put together. Stop Curt Philips...you stop South. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Then it shouldn't be a problem for your WHOLE TEAM of Vikes. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Your second favorite team, the Mighty Hilltoppers did a great job of stopping Curt I thought. But, what happened? They still got beat down.

I remember you saying you always pull for the teams in the conference, when they play 5A teams or the 5 rivers etc. But, I seen where said you was pulling for Greeneville. Is it just Sullivan County teams or can't you get that flag out of your eyes.

I remember you saying you always pull for the teams in the conference, when they play 5A teams or the 5 rivers etc. But, I seen where said you was pulling for Greeneville. Is it just Sullivan County teams or can't you get that flag out of your eyes.

Please tell me that you’re not a Central fan trying to post on the football threads?! But since you asked…. it’s the flag. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> And by the way, the Greenville game….it was the flag. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />