Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

Maryville may experience some problems with the pass rush from W.B. Although Brumette is a very good Q.B. he isn't very mobile. This could present problems for the Rebels if they can't slow the rush by running the ball on a consistent basis.

I look for W.B. to give Maryville a beating on Friday. Pressure on the Q.B. will result is sacks, hurried throws, and int.

W.B. 26

Maryville 19

Welcome to 5-A Rebels. See what is like to play with someone your on size! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

[quote name='redandblack63' date='Sep 25 2007 - 10:21 AM' post='826554556'}

Welcome to 5-A Rebels. See what is like to play with someone your on size! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are pathetic in the way you always have to bring that up.

Central has had opportunity after opportunity since 2000 to knock of Maryville when they had more talent and simply could not do it. Even before I lived here and just as a student at UT I made it a point to go to this game every year only to watch time after time as Central would find ways to blow it as Quarrles and his staff would coach absolute circles around Helton and his. You had you chance when the schools were on even ground, and you blew it and have now fallen to playing for second in the region.

Even in 09 when Maryville goes to 5A in 09, I seriously doubt Central will become the powerhouse in this region and in the state that you are expecting. I don't even think they are one of the top 5 teams in Knoxville now, and 3 of the teams I place ahead of them are in 3A. However, I will be more than willing to bet that Maryville's name will be in the discussion for state titles in 5A as long as GQ is in charge, and probably most years after that.

WB may very well win this game, actually I kind of am worried they might. But it has nothing to do with school size. It sure hasn't mattered in the prior few years when Maryville has won the game. WB has talent and is well coached. That is the formula gives them a chance to win.

I apologize in advance to those long-standing fans of Maryville and William Blount that are angered by this post. People who are jealous of the successful constitute one of my biggest pet peeves.

Welcome to 5-A Rebels. See what is like to play with someone your on size!

I didn't know that WB wasn't in 5A last year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Maryville fans, watch out for Central this year, according to the TSSAA website they have more students then you.

Maryville - 1193

Central - 1210

It's great to be back on here again. It's been awhile. I have to cheer 4 wb as always this weekend. It'll be a tough game, but I believe if there is ever a year to beat Maryville this is the one to do it. I'm excited about making the drive home to cheer the Governors to victory. Make us proud boys!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

WB 17

MHS 14

Someone needs to tell Mike Treadway and Holden Lail that William Blount wasn't the 1st team Maryville beat to start the 49 game winning streak. Carter was the 1st team Maryville beat. They may be thinking back to 2000 when William Blount was the 1st win of the season.

Lots of people are talking about this game. I know some Alcoa fans that are going to be there. This game will attract people from all over Blount County. 95 percent of the fans who arent William Blount or Maryville fans are cheering for William Blount. A lot of people will be there hoping like crazy that Maryville gets beat.

Anyone that listens to Knoxville Sports talk has probably heard of the Tennessee Stud,Jeff from Louisville. He is a crazy zany caller who calls a lot of the shows. Especially Tony Basilio's show. He predicted William Blount to walk all over Maryville. If I was a William Blount fan I would be nervous over his pick. He is wrong 90% of the time.

Someone needs to tell Mike Treadway and Holden Lail that William Blount wasn't the 1st team Maryville beat to start the 49 game winning streak. Carter was the 1st team Maryville beat. They may be thinking back to 2000 when William Blount was the 1st win of the season.

Lots of people are talking about this game. I know some Alcoa fans that are going to be there. This game will attract people from all over Blount County. 95 percent of the fans who arent William Blount or Maryville fans are cheering for William Blount. A lot of people will be there hoping like crazy that Maryville gets beat.

Anyone that listens to Knoxville Sports talk has probably heard of the Tennessee Stud,Jeff from Louisville. He is a crazy zany caller who calls a lot of the shows. Especially Tony Basilio's show. He predicted William Blount to walk all over Maryville. If I was a William Blount fan I would be nervous over his pick. He is wrong 90% of the time.

Hmmm, I guess I'm in the 5% crowd. I guess it's not normal to be an Alcoa fan and pull for Maryville too? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

AND......I am sincere when I say I'd love to see WB in the Boro, and wish them much success in 5A this year!

It's time to raise the ante....... I'd like to make a friendly wager...If the Rebels defeat my beloved Govenors.... I'll shave my head.... How about you Maryville fans like cobrajet, starsnbars, rebel9??? Any takers.......

GO GOVS

If the GOVS even score on Maryville the looser has to grow some hair and color it gray.How about it tpoole12 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />