Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

If the GOVS even score on Maryville the looser has to grow some hair and color it gray.How about it tpoole12 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Alot of people don't even know what their real hair color is...... most wouldn't have to color it gray... Didn't you just add one to the TT Scoreboard??

How would you know these Maryville football Seniors lose with class? The varsity has never lost a game since they have been in high school??????? By the way, TJ played one quarter against DB!

You have a point, but I have seen Maryville lose and I expect class will be shown like always. And I said win or lose, I did not say Maryville will lose. I have heard it all before, this is WB's year, 5A is tougher, The four horsy men, ect, ect, ect. There are people on here and will be at the game that live for the day Maryville go's down.

On another point I remember the last time WB won this contest. Maryville got flagged 5 or 6 times to make sure WB got enough opportunities to score. I'm not sure but I think there were 3 Pass Inference calls in the end zone alone. I don't blame GQ, or any coach for going after the officials in that fiasco. Most of us with football knowledge knew things were out hand by that crew. I remember two things from last year that relate to this. Coach Meadows said quite allot about the officiating in Ooltewah last year and him telling GQ at mid field he never wanted to play Maryville again. Those two things tell me GQ is not the only coach that gets upset and I DO NOT BLAME COACH MEADOWS for defending his team. It's what coaches do and should do, but with class.

What many of you WB types may not know is Coach Meadows has sought advice from GQ the past few years. I've seen Coach M at Maryville more than twice. Next thing you know the ole' Wang-T is dead and WB's spread looks allot like a Maryville spread. Hey I hope WB goes to the burro and plays the late game after the 4A game. Would be nice if Alcoa, Maryville and WB had a game in the burro around December 1st! 14-1 is a good season, just ask Alcoa, they got used too it! If it happens to Maryville this year, so be it, I??™ll be happy. 14-1 yes sir I??™ll take it! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Yep, WB is pretty good this year but beating Maryville will be a task. The Rebels know WB is fast, big and talented. I guess most think WB should and will win. I think if Maryville does not turn the ball over and it comes down to the wire my money would be on Maryville. It's because I've seen bigger, more talented and faster on paper. When it comes down to the wire the best Coach in the State knows how to manage those situations and put his team in position to win. Does Coach M? Don??™t know, never seen it happen before.

Maryville 28

WB 17

In a slobber knocker!

To me, here are the X-factors in this game to stop Maryville-

1. Maryville has had some success on special teams. Can they get another big return on a kickoff or punt when they need it?

2. Can WB stop the quick strike ability of Maryville? I don't care how many sacks WB gets. If they get 8 and the next play is a 50 years TD strike, sacks mean nothing.

3. Will WB be ready when GQ calls the trick play on a routene 2nd and 6 when no one is expecting it to change momentum. To me, that is the biggest plus for Maryville. Any time the tide is turning, Quarrles knows what to do to change it back, and it is executed perfectly.

If WB can stop 2 of those 3, I think they will have a very good shot at winning. If not, I think Maryville wins again.

WOW! WHAT A MATCH UP! I wish I could be there. I've not missed a Dobyns-Bennett game (or scrimmage) in years and not starting now...BUT...I will say that everything that is good, right and proper about High School sports will be on display Friday night in Blount County. Two class programs, two class coaches and two great teams. Hard to tell a winner, sounds like both are improving each week. All I will say is that I dont believe that Maryville will out athlete WB as they have in the past. That part will be very even. But picking a winner, not a chance! Guess I have to be for the Govs to carry the 5A banner into battle... got to get those Rebs to quit picking on all us lil 5A schools Ha! Just wish I could be there for the show. Ya'll have fun and and make sure to post all the details.

ROLL TRIBE!

To me, here are the X-factors in this game to stop Maryville-

1. Maryville has had some success on special teams. Can they get another big return on a kickoff or punt when they need it?

2. Can WB stop the quick strike ability of Maryville? I don't care how many sacks WB gets. If they get 8 and the next play is a 50 years TD strike, sacks mean nothing.

3. Will WB be ready when GQ calls the trick play on a routene 2nd and 6 when no one is expecting it to change momentum. To me, that is the biggest plus for Maryville. Any time the tide is turning, Quarrles knows what to do to change it back, and it is executed perfectly.

If WB can stop 2 of those 3, I think they will have a very good shot at winning. If not, I think Maryville wins again.

Good points.

If the quick strike is excuted few can stop it. DB ran the first KO back on WB and has some punt yards as well. WB does have a pretty good punter so DB had a ways to return it.

Turnovers I think to be the biggest key. The team who has the most should lose this game. Field position will also be huge.

Someone needs to tell Mike Treadway and Holden Lail that William Blount wasn't the 1st team Maryville beat to start the 49 game winning streak. Carter was the 1st team Maryville beat. They may be thinking back to 2000 when William Blount was the 1st win of the season.

Rebelron, I will pass this info along to those two. I'm sure that is what they were thinking about. Those 2 make more mistakes than Drew Brees or Rex Grossman.

O.K. I think I'm ready to throw in my two cents worth on the game. I would like to offer one prerequisite to predicting outcomes of a game. You can't use past years play or comparisions to common or comparable opponents ( i.e. Maryville vs. Brainard game as an indicator of how the Rebels would fair against Red Bank). Teams change and circumstances of the games change (players out, weather conditions, motivations to get up for an opponent, etc) I'm not sure that GQ hasn't been keeping the score in some games to a level where the "Mercy" rule doesn't come into play, so he can give more backup QB's experience. I feel he knows his strength is in a pocket passer like Burnette. If Burnette gets injured, Winder runs a mean option against teams that are weak at Defensive end (that will not be the case this friday nite). I believe his is trying to develope a QB suited for pocket passing- possibly Young).

Rebels o-line does well in pass protection and with a healthy core of recievers (Douglas, Shiver, Clendenon, and Jordan) Somebody is going to make a play. Douglas is good for at least three or four 15-20 yard catches. No one has stopped him yet.

Rebels running game just isn't there yet! Right now our backs are too easy to bring down if someone can get a hold of them. If they can get open they will get some yardage. How much I have no idea. Most teams have focused on stopping the pass. Without much success.

WB must get pressure on Burnette. They must get hands up and try to bat down some of the slant routes. William Blount, I believe has the speed to cover the outside and hitch passes but they must wrap up the ball carrier.

Offensively WB needs to control the clock. Mix the run with short routes inside to take advantage of some possible mismatches with some tough but less experienced linebackers who will be looking for the run first. Rebel secondary is hard to beat deep. I think they will allow the underneath routes but they will try and make the receiver pay for it. (ask Robinson of Alcoa) I thought Clinton did a nice job of completing several first downs on crossing patterns at 12-15 yards.

Burstrum must stay cool and spread the ball around. He is the key to victory for the Governors. He can't try to make every play. He's got to be patient and stick with the game plan.

Field position and turnovers will be critical. WB's punter is the best I've seen in a long time. Maryville may try to not worry as much about the return and put as much pressure on him as they can.

A healthy T.J. Walker can turn a game around quickly. Maryville must slow him down, I don't think you can stop him but you may be able to slow him enough to buy Burnette some time. Again, quick releases will be a key!

WB will be able to run the ball. The question is how much! If Garner is held under 100 the advantage goes to Maryville.

We all know GQ will have a trick play or two, under his sleeve. If Maryville gets to 28 by halftime. Look out the score will be in the 40's. I predict Maryville will give up some plays to WB. But the end results will be the same!

Maryville 42 the Governors 20. The game will be closer than the score. I'll be praying for no serious injuries and good clean play. Where everybody gives it everything they have and they all can walk off the field, with heads held high, knowing this game will help them both prepare for Murfreesboro!

Come on Rebels help a old dad thats a fan of a football machine and post link for this game so i can recorded it. It's not often i see you guys with some concern over a team. Rebels keep getting it done. will be no different this Friday night. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />