Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

FBEmetitus you are wrong about coach Meadows ever going over to Maryville to talk football I can promise you that, please tell me when it was, so i can call you out some more on that subject. WB offense is from Troy, and Southlake Carrol in Texas runs it also, not Maryville, but that was a good try to make Meadows look bad, keep trying and making youself look stupid.

Lets just hope that what i have heard from some of the Maryville players isnt true about cheap shots during the game at some of the key WB players

High school coaches have been known to swap ideas before. If it had of happened it would not make Meadows look bad. No need to resort to name calling. And I guess your obsession with Maryville and cheap shots is an attempt to............ make them look good? If any players did say anything and know who you are they just may have read some of your rantings on cheap shots and be yanking your chain. Sans any future compliments about Maryville and their program. Your hate rings out like a bell cow with each post. Meadows opens mouth, inserts foot last year, oh yeah thats right just the heat of the battle no big deal. How does the rest of the world look through those blue and orange colored glasses Sheriff Cheap Shot?????

Golfendude,

Someone please put up a stream for this game so i can record it. I will be so looking forward to hearing it after we get back from our game. PLEASE.

Golfendude,

The only streaming video I am aware of is at http://www.truthradio.tv/ they are charging $20.00 for the feed. You can listen to the audio at the same site for free. Remember all times are E.S.T.

Golfendude,

Someone please put up a stream for this game so i can record it. I will be so looking forward to hearing it after we get back from our game. PLEASE.

Golfendude,

The only streaming video I am aware of is at http://www.truthradio.tv/ they are charging $20.00 for the feed. You can listen to the audio at the same site for free. Remember all times are E.S.T.

Thank you very much audio stream is what i was looking for. Rebels keep it going.

And im telling you that GQ and Meadows havent swap any ideas. PLease tell me how is that another cheap shot im just saying i hope what some Maryville players have said to WB players isnt true, how is that a cheap shot

I could really care less about who Meadows or Coach Quarles either one has swapped ideas with. But it is so "awesome" to hear from an insider who actually knows Scott Meadows personally! Your posts speak for themselves Jr and I have no time to debate with you.

This should be a good game. That's the thing with having a long winning streak, like Maryville. Every team wants to be the team that breaks it. And as that N. Carolina team with 110 wins straight in 7 years found out, when they recently lost in Ohio, they also lost their national ranking. They were ranked # 3 until the loss. The other thing about a long winning streak is sometimes that the kids are more worried about the steak than anything else. One of the NC dads said he was glad the streak was finally over so his kid could just have fun playing ball. Hope you have a great game, injury free. Good luck to both teams.

This should be a good game. That's the thing with having a long winning streak, like Maryville. Every team wants to be the team that breaks it. And as that N. Carolina team with 110 wins straight in 7 years found out, when they recently lost in Ohio, they also lost their national ranking. They were ranked # 3 until the loss. The other thing about a long winning streak is sometimes that the kids are more worried about the steak than anything else. One of the NC dads said he was glad the streak was finally over so his kid could just have fun playing ball. Hope you have a great game, injury free. Good luck to both teams.

i have an acquaintance who played at De La Salle in Cali during thier ridiculous streak. he would agree that playing with that streak over your head is difficult, but undescribable---in a good way. and the dad was lying to himself, happy the streak was over???

good luck to both teams.

any rough estimates of crowd size? how early do i need to show up?

i have an acquaintance who played at De La Salle in Cali during thier ridiculous streak. he would agree that playing with that streak over your head is difficult, but undescribable---in a good way. and the dad was lying to himself, happy the streak was over???

good luck to both teams.

any rough estimates of crowd size? how early do i need to show up?

I guess what the dad was saying was that the kids were under extreme pressure and some kids may handle that better than others. De La Salle, I believe has the longest streak in history if I'm not mistaken at something like 149 games. The NC team didn't even have to play the Ohio team. In retrospect, probably a bad decision to go looking for extra games.

I guess what the dad was saying was that the kids were under extreme pressure and some kids may handle that better than others. De La Salle, I believe has the longest streak in history if I'm not mistaken at something like 149 games. The NC team didn't even have to play the Ohio team. In retrospect, probably a bad decision to go looking for extra games.

de la salle's streak ended at 151. if i'm not mistaken it was against an out of state team. they built their program on playing teams out of their area/state-- to be the best got to beat the best. that being said, everyone is gunning for you and trying to be the one that knocks you off. but maryville knows all about that. they have been the team to beat in the state for more than a season or two.

i guess i can understand his argument. hs football is supposed to be fun. it becomes a job soon enough if you take it to the next level.

How about the psychology of the game?

My personal thought is that the longer WB keeps it close, the more they start to believe that whole line about "if we win this, it won't be an upset." On the contrary, should MHS strike quickly or stretch out a lead, I'm afraid that WB's composure will fall apart and they'll lose heart.

I've see it so many times in this series. Back in the 4 horsemen days, I sincerely believe (although it ended up like 55-6 I think) that it would have been a great game if David Sweetland hadn't made the greatest play in high school football history by intercepting an option pitch for six. WB believed they would win that game, but got broken with one play.

Or take the aforementioned 8 attempts at the endzone game...WB hung around and with each successive attempt their belief that they were destined to win great exponentially. And they won.

Even last year, WB was the hardest hitting team that I saw MHS play all season. WB was moving the ball on offense and playing stout defense. But Tyler Maples goes 100 yards for a TD and it felt like WB's resolve broke.

How will that play out this year? Anyone have any thoughts?