Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

Very well said papa

The game absolutely represented all that is good about high school athletics. My congratulations to both teams. Both play their ever lovin hind ends off. Both threw their best punches and took the other teams best punches and stood toe to toe with each other the entire night. Neither team backing down one inch. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

Both coaching staffs are to be congratulated on having their teams ready to play. Year in year out this is what is expected of Maryville, and certainly Quarles and his staff are tremendous. But, Coach Meadows and his staff of terrific coaches have built a belief among the kids and the community at William Blount that they to can do great things on the football fied. We are extremely proud of all those guys, and would not trade them for anything or anyone.

My congratulations to both sets of fans and supporters. With over 11,000 in attendance, it was awesome to see the school support shown by both sides. Were there a few isolated incidents, sure, from both sides. But for the majority it was a fantastic evening of high school football.

To Ben. Ben we love you and are very proud of you. We have a lot of confidence in you that the next kick, and the kick after that, and when the game is on the line, YOU WILL KNOCK IT THROUGH.

To all the guys from William Blount, take from this game the fact that you took to best to the finish, gave them all they wanted and then some. YOU CAN win Region 2-5A, and YOU CAN make it Murfreesboro.

To all the guys from Maryville. Certainly, you prove time and time again why you are 50-0 and 99-2 over the last 101. You to can make plans for Murfreesboro yet again.

To both teams, thanks for putting on a show for all of us in Blount County to enjoy and for giving us a game to talk about for years to come.

For this 46 year old man, it was the best high school football game that I have ever had the opportunity to witness.

Thanks

Mike Treadway

BCS-TV

Mike a vurry good post.

Eye hope we can all make it a threesome (W.B., Alcoa, Mairvul) in tha 'Boro.

Eye enjoy you and tha professor sangin' Dandy Don's tune "Turn Out Tha Lights." Hit brung a tear my I.

Good Luck the rest of tha way.......STARS...

the man with the the best view is the one who actually made the call. live with his call as he was the only one in a position to make it. congrats Maryville on a hard fought win. good luck to both teams from here on out.

Maryville's media department has produced a fast paced video of the Wm Blount game. They're playing "Another One Bites the Dust" as the hits and scoring from both sides continue. The video is played on Blount's Charter Cable channel 3.

The last scene is video enhanced to show the Wm Blount extra point attempt that would have tied the game late. They showed an extended goal post. The kick was wide right.

Nice job, MHS.

PS, any news on the grassy nole?

You kick the ball down the middle..then there is no question. WB played an outstanding game and probably should have won the game. Maryville, as usual, gets it done somehow, someway. I have nothing but respect for the Maryville program, but......just once......they need to lose a close one and experience the pain and suffering. This one stings like a nest of yellowjackets.

You kick the ball down the middle..then there is no question. WB played an outstanding game and probably should have won the game. Maryville, as usual, gets it done somehow, someway. I have nothing but respect for the Maryville program, but......just once......they need to lose a close one and experience the pain and suffering. This one stings like a nest of yellowjackets.

I'm no doctor. Never even stayed at a Holliday Inn Express.

But, for a bee sting try putting some freshly chewed tobacco right on the spot. Draws the sting right out. For all other Football related pains a 5A Championship gold ball will cure all that ails.

Great game, GOVS! That defense can carry you to the 'boro.

While I have no business on this thread. I would like to make a comment and have my two cents worth heard. First off, the game is over! It sounds like it was a GREAT game. Be proud of your team, whether they won or lost. As posted by someone earlier, don't belittle your teams efforts by blaming the loss on a questionable call. That's football....or any other sport for that matter. Shoulda, woulda, coulda doesn't matter. Being from Ooltewah, don't you think we wish we could take back our ballgame (or lack of game) with Willaim Blount???? We can question, and say we were distracted, or whatever, The bottom line is the BEST team on that given night won, same as Maryville over WB. They could play tomorrow and the outcome might be different. Be proud of your team and their efforts and move on, it's one game, and there is alot more football to come. Personally, I think the WB team is excellent and should make it far into the playoffs. I hope the Owls get another shot at them, I think we would definitely give them a better ballgame, but if we don't that's ok too. These are 15 - 17 year old kids, let them enjoy the game for what it is. Think about how those kids feel who are on teams that haven't won a game this season, or maybe just one game. DOn't you think they'd love the opportunity to play on a team as strong as WB or Maryville.

My point is, Maryville is 4A and WB is 5A. so in the big picture it doesn't matter who on or lost. BOTH teams will be in their respective playoffs, possibly going all the way. Good Luck to both teams on the rest of the season. May God bless you with no injuries.

While I have no business on this thread. I would like to make a comment and have my two cents worth heard. First off, the game is over! It sounds like it was a GREAT game. Be proud of your team, whether they won or lost. As posted by someone earlier, don't belittle your teams efforts by blaming the loss on a questionable call. That's football....or any other sport for that matter. Shoulda, woulda, coulda doesn't matter. Being from Ooltewah, don't you think we wish we could take back our ballgame (or lack of game) with Willaim Blount???? We can question, and say we were distracted, or whatever, The bottom line is the BEST team on that given night won, same as Maryville over WB. They could play tomorrow and the outcome might be different. Be proud of your team and their efforts and move on, it's one game, and there is alot more football to come. Personally, I think the WB team is excellent and should make it far into the playoffs. I hope the Owls get another shot at them, I think we would definitely give them a better ballgame, but if we don't that's ok too. These are 15 - 17 year old kids, let them enjoy the game for what it is. Think about how those kids feel who are on teams that haven't won a game this season, or maybe just one game. DOn't you think they'd love the opportunity to play on a team as strong as WB or Maryville.

My point is, Maryville is 4A and WB is 5A. so in the big picture it doesn't matter who on or lost. BOTH teams will be in their respective playoffs, possibly going all the way. Good Luck to both teams on the rest of the season. May God bless you with no injuries.

Never thought I would say this to an Owl fan but good post. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />