Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

Did you ever respond to the posts about the WB players who live in Maryville? If so I missed it. If you are talking about Burnette he lives in Maryville now. They moved. This is still America right? Hearing the word "honest" from someone who thrives on innuendo and no facts is rich. Of course this thread's theme has (as we knew it would) become a bushel basket of excuses. You are playing to your strength. I can see that logic.

I really do think some really want to go down this road. WB was bigger and faster which negates where any Maryville player lives or lived. The key is Maryville is better because they had the heart not to lose. you let Quarles have WB against Maryville and the score is not even close.the biggest ALL-Star is GQ .

What a game! WB has no reason to hang their heads, they have a great team. This is the best football team WB has ever put on a football field by far. Their defence is solid, best tackling i've seen in a long time. Their offence is also solid, but i would run Garner more, he is a freak. As for Maryville, they played some of the best defence they have played all season. The offence looked good at times, but didn't seem to be clicking like they have been this year, but lets give credit the WB defence for some of this problem. All in all a great game to watch.

WB 14-1 State Champion

Alcoa 14-1 State Champion

Maryville 15-0 State Champion

Well this thread is rich in jealously and envy by some. Most know this was a hard fought contest but some are way off the farm. A tough game was played by two fine Blount Co teams. Young men playing against their friends and former middle school and pee wee teammates.

WB did not prove they were a better team on the field, just on paper. Check the score. The total yards. The turnover count vs. the 1st downs. Maryville was and is the better team. Both teams had players less than 100%. Yea this is WB??™s year, AGAIN! Guess not!

The ref??™s may or may not have blown a call, but I could not tell. If the kick had been good maybe a tie would have sent the game to OT. We will never know. The track record is WB needs a FG kicker and every close loss is blamed on the refs. Try scoring a few more TD??™s then WB can avoid a close game where the ref??™s always do the gov??™s in.

Now Maryville has deep pockets to buy wins and the Rebels are a ???Knoxville All Star Team??? playing at the lowly 4A level. Yea, Maryville can not compete and is lucky to get by with trick plays. True Champions do what is necessary to win clean and with class. Maryville is a true Champion. They are not ready to lay down for anyone. Sure they will lose one day, but it was not yesterday.

I know most WB fans on here have too much class to cry over a missed opportunity to beat one of the best programs in the country, but that??™s how it goes sometimes. Some of you need to realize Maryville is not going to lie down just because some of the pundits and posters think their run is over. #50 count it!

Good luck to the Gov??™s and I hope they win their region and get to the SC game.

blount county has completely forgotten, there are quality teams in middle tennessee, you'll have to get by some good ones in the semis and more than likely the championship.

OK TDNTN, GIVE THE SPILL. START DROPING THE TEAM NAMES THAT MARYVILLE NEEDES TO GET READY FOR.

I AM SERIOUS. I WOULD LIKE TO LOOK UP SOME OF THESE TEAMS STATS AND RESEARCH SOME OF THIS STUFFF.

REALLY, WHO DO THEY NEED TO WATCH FOR?

HOW ARE THE GAMES LOOKING IN MIDDLE TN?

ANY BIG STANDOUTS THIS YEAR?

OK TDNTN, GIVE THE SPILL. START DROPING THE TEAM NAMES THAT MARYVILLE NEEDES TO GET READY FOR.

I AM SERIOUS. I WOULD LIKE TO LOOK UP SOME OF THESE TEAMS STATS AND RESEARCH SOME OF THIS STUFFF.

REALLY, WHO DO THEY NEED TO WATCH FOR?

HOW ARE THE GAMES LOOKING IN MIDDLE TN?

ANY BIG STANDOUTS THIS YEAR?

I don't think the BOY was talking about Maryville. Just the folks taking it for granted that WB has the 5A gold ball this year.

maryville...one the the best in the nation....HA!!!1 the only reason they are ranked high is b/c their win percentage. heck the teams they play are pitiful. the have one or maybe 2 tough games a year.

And in most years the WB game is a joke also. William Blount football is about like the locus, they come around about once every seven years.

You have a great team this year so take advantage of it and worry about Farragut and Oak Ridge and let the Maryville loss go. Your team can really have a great year if you will forget about Maryville.

One more thing, tell your student section that we love the " We Hate Maryville Cheer". Please use that one again next year. It lit up the eyes of our defense at just the right time in the second half.

I hope you make it to Murfreesboro and if you need the names of some good places to stay and eat, jump on Coach T and the Maryville and Alcoa fans will help you plan your weekend.

Rebel9