Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

/bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Congrats to WB and the Knoxville All Star Team (Maryville). Great game, but definately different programs. As I've said before....and needs to be pointed out....the "Big White Elephant" in the middle of the room which no one wants to talk about is clear. TSSAA has no interest in killing the goose...I guess I can't blame them, but let's at least be honest.

Let me see honest. The Douglas's, Burnette's and Clendenen's all have lived in Maryville for four years and pay city and county taxes and owns homes in the Maryville city limits. Let's see honest Knoxville. David Douglas is from Spring City, TN and Karla Douglas is from Kershaw, SC. Susan Clendenen is from Loudon, TN and Terry Burnette is from Oak Ridge, TN. Oh yea honest. Gary Clendenen is from Knoxville and Tommy Burnette is from Halls. I guess honestly they are guilty of making sure their sons live in a great community, get a great education to prepare them for college and oh yea play for the best sports programs in the state. IN THAT ORDER. They must be idiots. On second thought. Maryville needs more idiots like that.

On the ever talked about recruiting front supposedly at Maryville/Brentwood Ha Ha. This is fact. No one at Maryville other than their friends they all consulted in the community that had already lived here, even knew who they were. No coached recruited these kids to Maryville. The great community, great school and great sports programs recruited them to Maryville. IN THAT ORDER FACT!!!!!

I guess I missed the manual on how long you had to live somewhere to be considered a resident. I guess honestly I am happy that Spring City, Kershaw, SC, Loudon, Oak Ridge, Knoxville and Halls live in Maryville.

You obviously have not watched much football to assume that a team can win 50 games in a row and 6 of 7 state championships with three players. Do not get me wrong those three players definitely make Maryville a better football team and I know they would all tell you that they are only as good as the players around them. I do know football and the last time I checked you can not throw, catch or intercept the football without a great team around you.

That is an insult to the coaching staff and the other players on the team. I guess Chris Jordan, Steve Shiver, Justin Smith, Todd Hollingsworth, Tim Rodriques who moved here a couple of years ago from I think, Virginia, Broughton Greene whose family moved here a few years ago, Caleb West, Caleb Clement, Jordan Halsne, Bret Wadham, Tyler Morton, Andrew Burns, Thomas Shuler, Cody McCoy, Brad Coulter, Marcus Engelhardt, Eric Chamberlain, Joshua Cantwell, Jeff Booker etc. have nothing to do with the program and it's success!

Coach Quarles and his staff are much better than I thought. They are winning with three players. This program is successful because of one main ingredient. No player on that field is bigger than the team and they practice every day the way they will play on friday including trick plays. They have structured practice just like college.

You say honestly Knoxville All Star Team. What you meant to say was Maryville Team.

You have every right to your opinion and I respect it totally. Honestly Colorado you do not know what your talking about in this case.

William Blount is a fine football team with a strong fan base, great coaches and great players I hope that they win out and make it to the 5A state championship.

Maryville may or may not win another state championship this year it is a long season but I guarantee you this, they will win or lose with class and as a team with every kid on their roster that lives in Blount County and all but six live in Maryville city limits.

/bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Let me see honest. The Douglas's, Burnette's and Clendenen's all have lived in Maryville for four years and pay city and county taxes and owns homes in the Maryville city limits. Let's see honest Knoxville. David Douglas is from Spring City, TN and Karla Douglas is from Kershaw, SC. Susan Clendenen is from Loudon, TN and Terry Burnette is from Oak Ridge, TN. Oh yea honest. Gary Clendenen is from Knoxville and Tommy Burnette is from Halls. I guess honestly they are guilty of making sure their sons live in a great community, get a great education to prepare them for college and oh yea play for the best sports programs in the state. IN THAT ORDER. They must be idiots. On second thought. Maryville needs more idiots like that.

On the ever talked about recruiting front supposedly at Maryville/Brentwood Ha Ha. This is fact. No one at Maryville other than their friends they all consulted in the community that had already lived here, even knew who they were. No coached recruited these kids to Maryville. The great community, great school and great sports programs recruited them to Maryville. IN THAT ORDER FACT!!!!!

I guess I missed the manual on how long you had to live somewhere to be considered a resident. I guess honestly I am happy that Spring City, Kershaw, SC, Loudon, Oak Ridge, Knoxville and Halls live in Maryville.

You obviously have not watched much football to assume that a team can win 50 games in a row and 6 of 7 state championships with three players. Do not get me wrong those three players definitely make Maryville a better football team and I know they would all tell you that they are only as good as the players around them. I do know football and the last time I checked you can not throw, catch or intercept the football without a great team around you.

That is an insult to the coaching staff and the other players on the team. I guess Chris Jordan, Steve Shiver, Justin Smith, Todd Hollingsworth, Tim Rodriques who moved here a couple of years ago from I think, Virginia, Broughton Greene whose family moved here a few years ago, Caleb West, Caleb Clement, Jordan Halsne, Bret Wadham, Tyler Morton, Andrew Burns, Thomas Shuler, Cody McCoy, Brad Coulter, Marcus Engelhardt, Eric Chamberlain, Joshua Cantwell, Jeff Booker etc. have nothing to do with the program and it's success!

Coach Quarles and his staff are much better than I thought. They are winning with three players. This program is successful because of one main ingredient. No player on that field is bigger than the team and they practice every day the way they will play on friday including trick plays. They have structured practice just like college.

You say honestly Knoxville All Star Team. What you meant to say was Maryville Team.

You have every right to your opinion and I respect it totally. Honestly Colorado you do not know what your talking about in this case.

William Blount is a fine football team with a strong fan base, great coaches and great players I hope that they win out and make it to the 5A state championship.

Maryville may or may not win another state championship this year it is a long season but I guarantee you this, they will win or lose with class and as a team with every kid on their roster that lives in Blount County and all but six live in Maryville city limits.

Rouser that rite thair was a good'un.

Can eye be counted as a Mairyvillun, cents eye went to Alnwick?

What a shame!

All of us sat out on a beautiful Blount County night last Friday and watched one of the best football games this town has ever seen...and then we have to get on here and tarnish what those kids left on the field. That's ridiculous.

Those boys have been looking forward to and working for a game like this for their entire football careers. And they left absolutely EVERYTHING on the field. GQ said himself that he didn't think they had anything left in the tank to go to overtime. No one had anything left. They let it all out and they spent it all. They deserve nothing but credit and respect for their efforts and for the exhibition of athletics and class that were played out on Mike White field Friday night. At the end of the game the boys walked across the field, shook hands, looked each other in the eye, said "good game," and really meant it.

So let's not belittle what they did out there. Let's not take anything away from it. Let's not act like it all comes down to payoffs or recruiting or a botched call. What we saw Friday night was pure, so why do we have to tarnish that? To diminish that game with words is unfair to the players on both sides of the ball, and if you're engaging in that behavior then you are not a true fan of your team at all...and quite honestly I question your respect of the dignity of the game.

Very well said papa

The game absolutely represented all that is good about high school athletics. My congratulations to both teams. Both play their ever lovin hind ends off. Both threw their best punches and took the other teams best punches and stood toe to toe with each other the entire night. Neither team backing down one inch. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

Both coaching staffs are to be congratulated on having their teams ready to play. Year in year out this is what is expected of Maryville, and certainly Quarles and his staff are tremendous. But, Coach Meadows and his staff of terrific coaches have built a belief among the kids and the community at William Blount that they to can do great things on the football fied. We are extremely proud of all those guys, and would not trade them for anything or anyone.

My congratulations to both sets of fans and supporters. With over 11,000 in attendance, it was awesome to see the school support shown by both sides. Were there a few isolated incidents, sure, from both sides. But for the majority it was a fantastic evening of high school football.

To Ben. Ben we love you and are very proud of you. We have a lot of confidence in you that the next kick, and the kick after that, and when the game is on the line, YOU WILL KNOCK IT THROUGH.

To all the guys from William Blount, take from this game the fact that you took to best to the finish, gave them all they wanted and then some. YOU CAN win Region 2-5A, and YOU CAN make it Murfreesboro.

To all the guys from Maryville. Certainly, you prove time and time again why you are 50-0 and 99-2 over the last 101. You to can make plans for Murfreesboro yet again.

To both teams, thanks for putting on a show for all of us in Blount County to enjoy and for giving us a game to talk about for years to come.

For this 46 year old man, it was the best high school football game that I have ever had the opportunity to witness.

Thanks

Mike Treadway

BCS-TV

Very well said papa

The game absolutely represented all that is good about high school athletics. My congratulations to both teams. Both play their ever lovin hind ends off. Both threw their best punches and took the other teams best punches and stood toe to toe with each other the entire night. Neither team backing down one inch. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

Both coaching staffs are to be congratulated on having their teams ready to play. Year in year out this is what is expected of Maryville, and certainly Quarles and his staff are tremendous. But, Coach Meadows and his staff of terrific coaches have built a belief among the kids and the community at William Blount that they to can do great things on the football fied. We are extremely proud of all those guys, and would not trade them for anything or anyone.

My congratulations to both sets of fans and supporters. With over 11,000 in attendance, it was awesome to see the school support shown by both sides. Were there a few isolated incidents, sure, from both sides. But for the majority it was a fantastic evening of high school football.

To Ben. Ben we love you and are very proud of you. We have a lot of confidence in you that the next kick, and the kick after that, and when the game is on the line, YOU WILL KNOCK IT THROUGH.

To all the guys from William Blount, take from this game the fact that you took to best to the finish, gave them all they wanted and then some. YOU CAN win Region 2-5A, and YOU CAN make it Murfreesboro.

To all the guys from Maryville. Certainly, you prove time and time again why you are 50-0 and 99-2 over the last 101. You to can make plans for Murfreesboro yet again.

To both teams, thanks for putting on a show for all of us in Blount County to enjoy and for giving us a game to talk about for years to come.

For this 46 year old man, it was the best high school football game that I have ever had the opportunity to witness.

Thanks

Mike Treadway

BCS-TV

OUTSTANDING POST MR.TREADWAY

Very well said papa

Thanks

Mike Treadway

BCS-TV

From a 46 yr old Maryville fan , I agree with you Mike , this was the best game I've ever seen in Blount Co. . Very Classy post , It would be awesome if we had 3 Schools down in Murfreesboro this year !! We all have a long way to go though , but I hope that by playing each other like we did , it will only make us all that much more prepared down the road .

Maryville is the better team.

Wm Blount has the athletes to do some damage. After seeing them play DB & Ooltewah (replay, with sound turned down) Maryville is capable of beating the Govs by 21. Glad its played-out on the field as well as on here but just don't think "willing" the Govs to victory is gonna work.

Rebels by 21+.

Rebels by 21+. WRONG!

A great game. Has anyone seen any better?

Well this thread is rich in jealously and envy by some. Most know this was a hard fought contest but some are way off the farm. A tough game was played by two fine Blount Co teams. Young men playing against their friends and former middle school and pee wee teammates.

WB did not prove they were a better team on the field, just on paper. Check the score. The total yards. The turnover count vs. the 1st downs. Maryville was and is the better team. Both teams had players less than 100%. Yea this is WB??™s year, AGAIN! Guess not!

The ref??™s may or may not have blown a call, but I could not tell. If the kick had been good maybe a tie would have sent the game to OT. We will never know. The track record is WB needs a FG kicker and every close loss is blamed on the refs. Try scoring a few more TD??™s then WB can avoid a close game where the ref??™s always do the gov??™s in.

Now Maryville has deep pockets to buy wins and the Rebels are a ???Knoxville All Star Team??? playing at the lowly 4A level. Yea, Maryville can not compete and is lucky to get by with trick plays. True Champions do what is necessary to win clean and with class. Maryville is a true Champion. They are not ready to lay down for anyone. Sure they will lose one day, but it was not yesterday.

I know most WB fans on here have too much class to cry over a missed opportunity to beat one of the best programs in the country, but that??™s how it goes sometimes. Some of you need to realize Maryville is not going to lie down just because some of the pundits and posters think their run is over. #50 count it!

Good luck to the Gov??™s and I hope they win their region and get to the SC game.

With all due respect...the Gov fans shouldn't complain about refs after last year's playoff game in Kingsport. DB had 1 TD called back for an illegal man down field and 1 TD called back because the refs said the WR did not have his feet in bounds....but video replay showed both of those calls were clearly blown. That would have made the score 21-zip after the first qtr and the outcome would have been very different. BUT while those calls probably kept DB from getting up comfortably early and forcing WB into a passing attack instead of shortening the game with there great rushing attack (which they were able to do well), DB still had opportunities throughout the game that could have made the refs calls irrelevant. No excuses. DB fans don't think the refs cost them a game...we wonder why DB didn't line up late with the big guys on the 2 or 3 yard line and try to punch the ball in for a go ahead score instead of getting fancy and ending up putting the game on the kicker for the tie...and we know how that ended. WB has bigger fish to fry so don't let this dissapointment linger or it could spell disaster to a great season. JMO

Very well said papa

Thanks

Mike Treadway

BCS-TV

That post is what this thread needed. It should be the last one except for ones that say thank you to Mike Treadway. Sir, with all due respect, thanks from a Maryville fan.

Rebel9