Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

Good luck to all over there in Blount County. I wished I could be in 2 places at once! This game has been a puzzlement to me since I have lived here. WB has had good teams but have not played their best football against Maryville. To me, the key to victory is which team does not get too hyped about the rivalry and relaxes and plays their game. So far in this decade Maryville has done the better job. Of course, in the football sense, the only way you are going to beat Maryville is to win the line of scrimmage battle. If WB doesn't then they will lose, regardless of how well their skill players perform.

i cannot believe anyone remembers the ole rollerdome. how funny.

ahhhhhhhh the good ole days.

lets all go to creamland or dixie after the ballgame tonight

and have a good ole time. or better yet, lets go to the old A & W

memory is lapsing now days, where did they hide those joints?

go walland beat townsend.

just trying to lighten the mood a litte guys.

its getting a little too.........................

good luck boys, be safe toinght.

OLDWALLANDHIGH

This may "date" me but I remeber the ole rollerdome well. There I fell in love for the first time in my life... Dad would take me and my sister on saturday nights. I still remember her name and what she looked like, don't know whatever happed to her. As starsandbars would say...." Eye thowt sh'is purtier than a spekeld hownd pup"...I waited all week just to hear as the lights would dim..... "Our next skate will be couples only...one boy and one girl or two girls skating together...couples only..." Welll I better go wipe my eyes and get a little work done...MRSt.poole12 left me quite a "honeydo" list. Thanks for trip down memory lane.....

GO GOVS

"GO Lanier Eagles"

Well it's finally Friday, and I'm excited!

For whatever it's worth, here's my gameday breakdown:

Offense:

The Rebels put up 38.25 points per game. WB goes for 28.5 per game. No doubt William Blount has the edge in rushing, while Maryville's passing attack is second to none. Add in the scheming of GQ and I've got to give the edge to the Rebels in this department.

Defense:

WB holds opponents to an average of 5 points per game (it's really even lower than that if you factor in the special teams TDs they've given up this season...at least 1 but maybe 2?). That's ridiculous! However, Maryville gives up only 8.5 points per game. Not too shabby. The WB defense just does not miss tackles. Ever. If they get their mitts on you, you're going down. They'll hold MHS below their season scoring average for sure. I think the Rebels will do the same to the Govs. The MHS defense is underrated, but even so I give the edge to the Govs here.

Coaching:

Well Meadows has beaten GQ before. But it's just about impossible to not give the edge to MHS.

Situational matchups:

WB is better in the scrum on both sides of the ball.

I like the Rebel receivers against the WB defensive backs. I think they'll get a lot of catches. If the WB defender is closeby, the yards after catch will be minor. If he's not...well it could get ugly. I've not yet heard the gameday decision on Shiver, but if he's not in the lineup then the gap is closed somewhat, but still in favor of MHS.

I also like the Rebel db's to have the advantage over WB's receivers. I'm not calling for a lot of pics or anything, but I think they'll limit opportunities and make Garner carry a heavier load than he already is.

It's a great matchup on paper. I think that passing yards add up more quickly than running yards and I see that impacting the score. GQ will gameplan around the big names at WB and limit their impact. He's done it before and will again. Maryville has too many weapons on offense and will be good enough on defense.

MHS - 27

WB - 14

OLDWALLANDHIGH

This may "date" me but I remeber the ole rollerdome well. There I fell in love for the first time in my life... Dad would take me and my sister on saturday nights. I still remember her name and what she looked like, don't know whatever happed to her. As starsandbars would say...." Eye thowt sh'is purtier than a spekeld hownd pup"...I waited all week just to hear as the lights would dim..... "Our next skate will be couples only...one boy and one girl or two girls skating together...couples only..." Welll I better go wipe my eyes and get a little work done...MRSt.poole12 left me quite a "honeydo" list. Thanks for trip down memory lane.....

GO GOVS

"GO Lanier Eagles"

GO LANIER EAGLES, BEAT FRIENDSVILLE...........LOL

ANY OTHER GOOD GAMES ON TONIGHT?

HOW'S PORTER LOOKING? AND WHAT ABOUT OLE EVERETT HIGH? LOL

NOW THERE WAS SOME GOOD OLE SCHOOLS.

THESE KIDS NEED THEM SMALL SCHOOLS BACK NOW DAYS.

SMALLER SCHOOL, SMALLER CLASSES, TEACHER KNOWS MORE OF THE KIDS, AND MORE ABOUT THEM, AND ALSO KNOWS THE KIDS PARENTS AND CAN ALWAYS CALL MOM OR DAD AND TELL THEM WHAT THE KIDS ARE INTO. NOW DAYS.

WE NEED TO BUILD MORE SMALL SCHOOLS AGAIN, KIDS GET BETTER ONE ON ONE FROM TEACHERS ALSO.

WE HAVE SHORT CHANGED OUR KIDS BECAUSE OF THINKING THE BIGGER THE SCHOOL THE BETTER.

WRONG

HEY POOLE, IF WHERE LUCKY, MAYBE THEY WILL PLAY US SOME OLE

ARCHIE AND THE GANG MUSIC THAT WE USED TO SKATE TO AT THE FOOTBALL GAME TONIGHT.............LOL

I think Papa Chaos broke the game down better than anyone has yet.... Quarles and co. 42 Meadows and co. 28...... This game will be exciting until the very end and I can honestly say I haven't been this excited for a football game at any level since back when I was playing the game. Good luck to both teams, hope its injury free and absolutely cannot wait to watch good football.

OLDWALLANDHIGH

GO GOVS

"GO Lanier Eagles"

Boy wait until I see Mrs. Poole. This is good blackmail material but I could be bought with a little hush money or you admit who is the better team .and not W.B ha ha ha ha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GO LANIER EAGLES, BEAT FRIENDSVILLE...........LOL

ANY OTHER GOOD GAMES ON TONIGHT?

HOW'S PORTER LOOKING? AND WHAT ABOUT OLE EVERETT HIGH? LOL

NOW THERE WAS SOME GOOD OLE SCHOOLS.

THESE KIDS NEED THEM SMALL SCHOOLS BACK NOW DAYS.

SMALLER SCHOOL, SMALLER CLASSES, TEACHER KNOWS MORE OF THE KIDS, AND MORE ABOUT THEM, AND ALSO KNOWS THE KIDS PARENTS AND CAN ALWAYS CALL MOM OR DAD AND TELL THEM WHAT THE KIDS ARE INTO. NOW DAYS.

WE NEED TO BUILD MORE SMALL SCHOOLS AGAIN, KIDS GET BETTER ONE ON ONE FROM TEACHERS ALSO.

WE HAVE SHORT CHANGED OUR KIDS BECAUSE OF THINKING THE BIGGER THE SCHOOL THE BETTER.

WRONG

HEY POOLE, IF WHERE LUCKY, MAYBE THEY WILL PLAY US SOME OLE

ARCHIE AND THE GANG MUSIC THAT WE USED TO SKATE TO AT THE FOOTBALL GAME TONIGHT.............LOL

" Hang on Slewpee...Slewpee hang on....."

Question? Knowing that the outcome of this game is based more on pride than position (in the region or state championship scheme of things). At what point do you stop submitting your key players to a possible injury that would jeopardize your position in Region play? It is clear that W.B. has a much tougher row to hoe with Oakridge and Farragut looming on the horizon. Maryville has some players banged up! Is this worth putting a championship run at risk? Maybe in the future we should let Alcoa, Maryville and W.B bring home gold balls. Then have one Big Blount County Bash! Let only the Seniors play. Throw Heritage in the mix and have a two week playoff for Habitat for Humanity or some other good cause, and crown a True Blount County Champion! No worries about injuries, no undefeated seasons messed up (i.e. Alcoa-'04 & '05). Only thing is it might make Murfreesboro play second fiddle to the Real Championship!

Boy wait until I see Mrs. Pool. This is good blackmail material but I could be bought with a little hush money or you admit who is the better team .and not W.B ha ha ha ha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I' ll let her read this as soon as she gets done praying........ Everyday she gets down on her knees and thanks the good Lord that he has blessed her with a man like me....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GO GOVS

I' ll let her read this as soon as she gets done praying........ Everyday she gets down on her knees and thanks the good Lord that he has blessed her with a man like me....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GO GOVS

Man who lied to you?Your killing me TPOOLE12 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />