Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

Hate that I could not have been there but I listened to the game on the internet in Nashville and about had a heart attack 2 or 3 times. Just as you thought momentum started to shift to one team the other would answer with some big play. I am a Maryville graduate but I hate to see a game for the ages to be decided by some contreversy instead of on the field. I hope nobody gives that kicker a hard time. Maryville keeps the streak alive but they may have been exposed a little bit. Can not seem to get the ground game going and seems to give up the big play occasionally as they did earlier this year to Alcoa. Regardless it is a big win and something the kids can talk about the rest of their lives.

All those teams in 5A better watch out for William Blount.

William Blount has the best defense Maryville has seen since those Melrose teams. William Blount is big,strong,fast and physical on defense. They tackled very well. As good as Cole Lail,Will Irwin and TJ Walker are. Don Cope and #4 are great players also. I was very impressed.

Maryville played well on defense themselves. Jeffery Booker played great. All the other linebackers are playing well. Justin Smith and Todd Hollingsworth played well.

Maryville has to get better at running the ball. Tim Rodigues ran the ball well. Chris Jordan is just amazing. He is David Sweetland made over.

The freshman kicker made a huge pressure field goal.

I wish William Blount the best of luck the rest of the season.

Well boys what a gaim. Got ole Nellie Belle hung up in tha biggest traffick jam in Alnwick historee. This has to bee tha best Will-Yum Blunt teem ever. Thay are good, xcellent on deefence. Eye wuz impressed with thair secondairy. Thay covered vurry well. Cope plaid grait.

Booker plaid grait fer Mairvul. After trailin' 6-3 at halftime, his blocked punt semed to farr up Mairvul and his 4th down takell on Garner in tha open feeled was huge. Jordan agin come up big fer Mairvul. He just makes plays.

Blunt maid Mairvul pay a couple of times in tha 4th. Mairvul came with a corner blitz and got caught fer a W.B. TD to Cope. And the fake by Burstrom fooled everbody on his long run.

Was pleesed with tha pass blocking of Mairvul's line and our 180 lb. tackells. Ole hook and ladder was cald at a good time.

Congrats and good luck to my buds down thair. Eye'd luv to see a Blunt tryfecta in tha 'Boro. Eye'll supply tha skillet cornbread and good cold clumpy buttermilk.

Eye beeleeve Mairvul can compeat with 5A teems cause thay plaid a good'un tonite. W.B. was ranked #1 in at leest 2 compootur poles in 5A.

Hate that I could not have been there but I listened to the game on the internet in Nashville and about had a heart attack 2 or 3 times. Just as you thought momentum started to shift to one team the other would answer with some big play. I am a Maryville graduate but I hate to see a game for the ages to be decided by some contreversy instead of on the field. I hope nobody gives that kicker a hard time. Maryville keeps the streak alive but they may have been exposed a little bit. Can not seem to get the ground game going and seems to give up the big play occasionally as they did earlier this year to Alcoa. Regardless it is a big win and something the kids can talk about the rest of their lives.

Maryville is a great team and Willie B is to. The thing is that Maryville killed Alcoa and should win another state title.

Maryville might give up some big plays but everyone does and what it comes down to is if you can make up for it and Friday night as well as before has proved that both teams can make up for mistakes by making good plays of there own.Willie B can't let this bring there head down. I saw the kick and i was right behind the goal post it was in by three feet.Willie B needs to come out Friday with there heads lifted high and jam up Farragut's star running back Andre Sterling.Good game to both teams and coaches and lets all hope that we can bring three golden footballs back to Blount County.

Here is the simple breakdown. WB had bigger and better players. WB had homefield advantage. WB had the good luck orange jerseys. Maryville had numerous players injured. Some of the MHS injured players could not play and some had to play at less than 100%. MHS had more total yds and a much better time of possesion. So how did WB lose? Just because. That's life.

I'm not sayin anything about Maryville but there players were definately 100% So you can't say anything bad about WB

Well I think we all know what the outcome should have been in this game, and what it would have been had the extra point been called correctly. Those city schools must have real deep pockets.

They showed the kick twice on Channel 10 news last night, and are still showing it this morning on their sports highlights, and it was CLEARLY good. It is a shame that such a huge win (or at least a chance to in overtime) has to be stripped from WB in this fashion.

With this tape...why doesn't someone send this in to the TSSAA and let them know what is going on? Is there ANYTHING they can do...even with clear video evidence that this game should not have ended that way.

This was a great game. Well it was until the last few minutes of the game. Maryville couldnt put the ball in the endzone except for the two big plays the came away with. Maryville was in the redzone numerous times and could not capitalize. The hook and ladder was perfect, a great play call ran to perfection. needless to say if it werent for some questionable calls maryville would never have been that far up the field in that situation anyway. WB is the better team no matter what the score says. we stopped their offense, special teams, and drove the ball all night long. Too bad we dont have the chance to meet them again. Maybe one day they will play in the correct class and maybe we can play them more than once.

AGAIN I SAY BOTH TEAMS LOOKED GREAT. WB, YOU MADE US BLOUNT CO. FOLKS REAL PROUD.

BUT COME ON PEOPLE. LETS NOT TRASH A GREAT GAME BY BLAIMEING THE REF'S.

I KNOW BY WATCHING THE REPLAY ON THE 10 NEWS LAST NITE IT LOOKED ONE WAY AND THEN THE OTHER CLIP THAT SHOWED, IT LOOKED ANOTHER. IF I HAD A CAMRA THERE THEN I COULD SHOW YOU 3 OR 4 DIFERENT ANGLES AND YOU WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO TELL WHICH IS THE TRUE ONE. UNLESS, YOU ARE ON THE FIELD RIGHT UNDER THAT SIDE GOAL POST, WITH THE CAMRA POINTING STRAIGHT UP (RIGHT WHERE THE REF WAS AND WHERE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE) YOU CAN'T MAKE A CALL LIKE THAT FROM A SIDE VIEW OR A BACK VIEW.

THAT BALL WAS KICKED SO DANG HARD AND HIGH , UNDER THE GOAL POST IS THE ONLY WAY TO JUDGE THAT KIND OF KICK.

UNLESS YOU HAVE EVER CALLED A FOOTBALL GAME , AND BEEN IN THE RIGHT SPOT, YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T ALWAYS SEE FROM THE STANDS OR THE FENCE WHAT THE REF SEE'S.

I HAVE CALLED MANY A BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL GAME BEHIND THE PLATE, AND I HERE A LOT OF THIS CRAP TOO.

UNLESS YOU ARE WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TO CALL THAT PLAY YOU REALLY DO NOT HAVE THE ADVANTAGE OF SEEING THE PLAY CORRECTLY.

REF'S (MOST) DO THE BEST THEY CAN. AND IF ANYONE DOESN'T LIKE THE CALLS, I WILL TELL YOU LIKE I TELL ALL THE OTHER PLAYERS AND PARENTS.

GET OFF YOUR LAZY DUFF'S AND GO TO THE CLASSES TO BECOME ONE YOURSELF AND QUIT BELLY ACHING.

SOAP BOX IS MOVED AND I AM OFF OF IT NOW.

GO GOVS

GO REBS

GO ALCOA....................................TO THE BORO, I WILL BE THERE TO ROOT ALL YOU BOYS ON........