Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

This was a great game. Well it was until the last few minutes of the game. Maryville couldnt put the ball in the endzone except for the two big plays the came away with. Maryville was in the redzone numerous times and could not capitalize. The hook and ladder was perfect, a great play call ran to perfection. needless to say if it werent for some questionable calls maryville would never have been that far up the field in that situation anyway. WB is the better team no matter what the score says. we stopped their offense, special teams, and drove the ball all night long. Too bad we dont have the chance to meet them again. Maybe one day they will play in the correct class and maybe we can play them more than once.

Score...Mairvul-20, Will-Yum Blunt-19

MHS-89 rushing, WBHS-207 rushing

MHS-300 passing, WBHS-136 passing

MHS-389 total offense, WBHS-343 total offense

MHS-18 first downs, WBHS-12 first downs

MHS-2 big plays for 112 yards, WBHS-2 big plays for 140+ yards

MHS-"drove the ball" yards, (minus 2 big plays) 277, WBHS-"drove the ball" yards, (minus 2 big plays) 203

Looking forward to playing W.B. again.

Great game! I'm WB fan, both teams should be proud as well as fans. About Refs, in every game there are always questionable calls, both way, some games more than others. WB fans please quit talking about the calls, this was a great game an we can be proud.

Its obvious teams are evenly matched, game could have been won by either team, it just ended the wrong way.

Still alot of games left and we showed we belong. Congrats both teams.

Stars, get real, its easy to say you welcome rematch when you know it can not happen. Maryville happy they won't have to play WB again on way to Gold ball.

Well I think we all know what the outcome should have been in this game, and what it would have been had the extra point been called correctly. Those city schools must have real deep pockets.

They showed the kick twice on Channel 10 news last night, and are still showing it this morning on their sports highlights, and it was CLEARLY good. It is a shame that such a huge win (or at least a chance to in overtime) has to be stripped from WB in this fashion.

With this tape...why doesn't someone send this in to the TSSAA and let them know what is going on? Is there ANYTHING they can do...even with clear video evidence that this game should not have ended that way.

If I am not mistaken WB cried the same thing last year when they lost a close game to Ooltewah. The pattern is pretty easy to see. William Blount has never lost a close game they just got jipped by the refs.

WB dropped four or five interceptions last night, one that would have gone for six. But it is much easier to slander an outstanding program, coaching staff and school (and yes WB has that too) and accuse them of having "deep pockets" than to congratulate both teams for a good game. F Y I that PAT would have only tied the game and there were two and a half minutes to go. OT was not a guarantee. WB is acting as if the extra point would have won the game.

WB wants to have a State contending team and they have that. But you are going to have issues as long as you continue to blame everyone but yourselves for your losses.

Per Coach Quarles Shiver was 75 to 80% last night. He practiced for the first time in two weeks on Wed. Douglas is still nursing a sore shoulder, re-injured it and missed the last two series of the first half, then played through the pain in the second. That isn't an excuse just a fact, for the fan who claims to be all knowing about our team's health.

If you read my posts early in this thread I appointed Maryville the underdog in this game and stand by that. I saw WB play Sevier County. I know the weaknesses Maryville has this year and I thought WB could very easily win this game. They have my total respect. But respect is a two way street. And crying foul every time you lose a close one and accussing the other team of pay offs will NEVER afford your team the respect they certainly deserve.

Maryville was over matched all over the field last night, and I realize the entire WORLD except Maryville fans wanted them to lose. I am proud of our team. If WB wins State I hope they enjoy the bullseye on their back as much as we do. Best of luck to them the rest of the way.

Great game! I'm WB fan, both teams should be proud as well as fans. About Refs, in every game there are always questionable calls, both way, some games more than others. WB fans please quit talking about the calls, this was a great game an we can be proud.

Its obvious teams are evenly matched, game could have been won by either team, it just ended the wrong way.

Still alot of games left and we showed we belong. Congrats both teams.

Stars, get real, its easy to say you welcome rematch when you know it can not happen. Maryville happy they won't have to play WB again on way to Gold ball.

Acheerfan, eye jest enjoyed tha gaim, 'cause hit was so good and woodn't mind seein' another won like that won.

Eye compleemented W.B. last nite in my furst post after tha gaim. Eye agree with your opinion of tha gaim.

Congrats to WB and the Knoxville All Star Team (Maryville). Great game, but definately different programs. As I've said before....and needs to be pointed out....the "Big White Elephant" in the middle of the room which no one wants to talk about is clear. TSSAA has no interest in killing the goose...I guess I can't blame them, but let's at least be honest.

Congrats to WB and the Knoxville All Star Team (Maryville). Great game, but definately different programs. As I've said before....and needs to be pointed out....the "Big White Elephant" in the middle of the room which no one wants to talk about is clear. TSSAA has no interest in killing the goose...I guess I can't blame them, but let's at least be honest.

Did you ever respond to the posts about the WB players who live in Maryville? If so I missed it. If you are talking about Burnette he lives in Maryville now. They moved. This is still America right? Hearing the word "honest" from someone who thrives on innuendo and no facts is rich. Of course this thread's theme has (as we knew it would) become a bushel basket of excuses. You are playing to your strength. I can see that logic.

F Y I that PAT would have only tied the game and there were two and a half minutes to go. OT was not a guarantee. WB is acting as if the extra point would have won the game.

WB wants to have a State contending team and they have that. But you are going to have issues as long as you continue to blame everyone but yourselves for your losses.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I wasn't there but didn't the game end shortly after Maryville had the ball around the Willaim Blount 30 yard line after previously connecting on a pass for about 25 yards? Whose to say that Maryville couldn't have thrown a touchdown at the end of the game instead of running out the clock?

If I am not mistaken WB cried the same thing last year when they lost a close game to Ooltewah. The pattern is pretty easy to see. William Blount has never lost a close game they just got jipped by the refs.

Dont lump all Willie B fans in the same group. I dont recall hearing Coach Meadows OR the team saying anything about the refs beating them. I told the woman sitting next to me that that first missed PAT would likely come back to bite us on the tushie and it did. No the second one wouldnt have won the game it would have tied it and I HATE going to OT, it makes my stomach hurt! I'm just proud of our team. They played their hearts out and they deserved the win! See? a William Blount fan not blaming anybody, just stinks that they both couldnt have won!

I think the game was an AMAZING game & WB shouldn't hang their heads. Yes, we would have loved to have won. Especially since this was the closest chance WB has had to winning since 1999. However, what's done is done. Now we need to start prepping for Farragut.

GovMan, what are your thoughts on this outstanding football game????

since you want to be honest then you have to admit to being a moron