Livingston Academy @ York Institute

Dragonfan3315

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1971...........LA 17 York 0 Paul Anderson's first and only year to coach at LA

1972...........York 28 LA 14 Don Farley's first year at LA also one of the best teams Charlie Vaughn had at York

1973..........LA 24 York 0

1974..........LA 47 York 18

1975.......... I didn't know that we did not play York

1976.......LA went 8-2 with losses to Hartsville and Brentwood Academy

1977 78 79 ???

1980 Howard Cochran's first year York 44 LA 6

This is about as far back as I can remember. I wish someone could come up with the history of this series.

Seems like I vaguely remember in 69 or 70 WE beat York 2 to 0 or they beat us . Anyone out there recall that game.

No one else on here that old RC! 1976---LA-13 York-6 also lost to Greenbrier in Industrial Bowl 35-6, but beat Carthage 35-0 (must have been before Maynord started coaching and seems like the last time we beat them!) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No one else on here that old RC! 1976---LA-13 York-6 also lost to Greenbrier in Industrial Bowl 35-6, but beat Carthage 35-0 (must have been before Maynord started coaching and seems like the last time we beat them!) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LA beat SC in 1995 22-0. SC went 0-10, and only scored once to my knowledge. LA also beat SC the following year (1996) 7-0.

The Cats won't lay down I have no doubts about that. But, you have to look at the 2 teams state of mind. York 5-0 and LA 0-4. Emotionally, both teams will be fired up but when one team is superior to the other, in most cases, just being fired up isn't enough. LA was basically ran over by Smith Co. who in turn pretty much got whipped by York. I was told that as a group of RBs York's backs were probably as good or better than any LA have faced. As bad as the Cats tackling has been that doesn't sound good. Again, I say anything is possible but in this case I kind of doubt it. Nevertheless, GO BLUE.

confidence my fellow LA fan, confidence

Where did you get that '76 score? Our website has is 20-0 LA.

Where did you get that '76 score? Our website has is 20-0 LA.

Maybe yall just didn't want to tell how bad it really was /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> . OldCatFan wouldn't lie. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> At least I don't think he would.

1971...........LA 17 York 0 Paul Anderson's first and only year to coach at LA

1972...........York 28 LA 14 Don Farley's first year at LA also one of the best teams Charlie Vaughn had at York

1973..........LA 24 York 0

1974..........LA 47 York 18

1975.......... I didn't know that we did not play York

1976.......LA went 8-2 with losses to Hartsville and Brentwood Academy

1977 78 79 ???

1980 Howard Cochran's first year York 44 LA 6

This is about as far back as I can remember. I wish someone could come up with the history of this series.

Seems like I vaguely remember in 69 or 70 WE beat York 2 to 0 or they beat us . Anyone out there recall that game.

I'm not surprised LA had success in '73 and '74 some of the better players in school history. The "Maynord-Ogletree era" had some really good teams. I remember one game, I believe in '74 against Harriman, that Ogletree rushed for 100 yds, passed for a 100, and had 13 individual tackles. Some pretty impressive numbers. I also remember McCoin torching York for 446 yds in '81.

I'm not surprised LA had success in '73 and '74 some of the better players in school history. The "Maynord-Ogletree era" had some really good teams. I remember one game, I believe in '74 against Harriman, that Ogletree rushed for 100 yds, passed for a 100, and had 13 individual tackles. Some pretty impressive numbers. I also remember McCoin torching York for 446 yds in '81.

Dang, I thought Rocking Chair was the only "old" guy on here!