MORRISTOWN EAST vs KNOX FULTON

EASTFAN

I am really looking forward too the ball game this week. Fulton has great speed, this will really test East's

defense. Morristown East offense looked good friday night. The offensive line looked quicker and the speed

of T-Howell (QB) , really makes this Wing-T hard too stop. Win or lose, this game will help East in the five

river conf. Go Canes!

Note: Somebody got to beat one of these Knoxville area teams. We get little respect from Knoxville.

We need to earn their respect friday night.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really looking forward too the ball game this week. Fulton has great speed, this will really test East's

defense. Morristown East offense looked good friday night. The offensive line looked quicker and the speed

of T-Howell (QB) , really makes this Wing-T hard too stop. Win or lose, this game will help East in the five

river conf. Go Canes!

Note: Somebody got to beat one of these Knoxville area teams. We get little respect from Knoxville.

We need to earn their respect friday night.

Fulton always fields a strong team. East will need to play error free ball to be competitive.

I am sure both teams will be prepared to entertain the fans with good football. I think

East is capable of pulling off an upset if all goes well.

Fulton always fields a strong team. East will need to play error free ball to be competitive.

I am sure both teams will be prepared to entertain the fans with good football. I think

East is capable of pulling off an upset if all goes well.

This game should be entertaining.

With Tee Howell being moved into the QB position it seems that the O moved the ball better than in the past few weeks. I hate that Turner had to get hurt to use this experiment but I am glad things have worked out for the offense. I stated in an earlier post that the O really didn't start clicking well until about three or four games into the season last year and all of sudden you had two backs with 1,000+ yards, a first in East history.

Fulton always has a potent O and will be a huge test for this Defensive unit. They seem to be getting better every week but they will have to really strap it on this week.

Go Canes!

It was good to get to lean on the fence and chat with eastfan for a few minutes friday night. I had an idea that it was you.Now...................East must play mistake free. They have the speed overall to hang with fulton but they can not put it on the ground or have flags and missed assignments and hope to win this one. I think that fulton is down a tad bit from previous years but that is still pretty strong. This game will only make us better win or lose.I have figured out who cane73,eastfan and smokediver are but can not put a finger on john B.

East had better speed than most at the beginning of the year. They have lost some key players. They do not have the type of speed that Fulton has. They are about 22 kids short of that. Although Fulton is down up front, they always manage to get them ready about this time of year. Coach Bob Black gets his kids ready for the second half of the season. Look for Fulton to win by 20 or more. If East can handle the line on both sides the game will be much closer maybe 19. Way to much speed for East to handle.

East had better speed than most at the beginning of the year. They have lost some key players. They do not have the type of speed that Fulton has. They are about 22 kids short of that. Although Fulton is down up front, they always manage to get them ready about this time of year. Coach Bob Black gets his kids ready for the second half of the season. Look for Fulton to win by 20 or more. If East can handle the line on both sides the game will be much closer maybe 19. Way to much speed for East to handle.

East is trying to get ready for a Conference run. East only has one starter on offense

from last year. You know more about Fulton than I do so I will take your word on

their speed. Whether Fulton wins by 20 or just 19 won't affect the experience gained

by the East team down the road. A win is a win but some wins are more important

than others .

I am looking forward to seeing a top rated team from Knoxville come to Burke Toney.

I hope it is a good night for football and is an injury free game.

East is trying to get ready for a Conference run. East only has one starter on offense

from last year. You know more about Fulton than I do so I will take your word on

their speed. Whether Fulton wins by 20 or just 19 won't affect the experience gained

by the East team down the road. A win is a win but some wins are more important

than others .

I am looking forward to seeing a top rated team from Knoxville come to Burke Toney.

I hope it is a good night for football and is an injury free game.

Stalking you Leonard.

This will be a good one, and perhaps an indicator of Fulton/Catholic later on. Not highjacking the thread here. MoWest is down this year, and MoEast is up. Catholic dismantled MoWsest. I know, I know. Anyway, Fulton is still working through peronnel issues. I like that Blair is the QB over the Frosh. Still Fulton has a few other Frosh @ some key skill spots. Your are right about their speed though. Antwan Hammilton, and Cobb off the ends are a handful. Stokes seems to be getting it going at LB. The OL usually gets it going about this time of the year. MoEast has a lot.

ruse?

Do not short change Morristown East speed. East's defense is really quick,this should offset some of

Fulton speed. The key to the game, is stopping Fulton big plays. Make them earn their way down the field.

No big plays on special teams. If Morristown East can control the line of scrimmage,(like Oak Ridge) East will

have a chance too win.

Note: Playing on turf makes everybody faster. Canefan72 keep me up-dated on how the team looks this week.

Go Canes!

The Wing-T requires that a defense do one of two things: 1)play extremely sound, fundamental, assignment football or 2)be freaking fast, hard hitting, and kamikazee. The first one is not Fulton's strong suit. I am not actually sure if Fulton has a base defensive set or if it is just "you 8 guys crowd the line and tackle people". The second one is the strength of the Falcon defense. I think that their speed and clustering of the line will disrupt the hand-offs of the wing. All of those fakes that are done with a Wing-T are meant to confuse players that are reading...Fulton don't read, they just attack. I would love to see East win, but I am going to say that Fulton pulls this one out. Let's say, 34-20.

The Wing-T requires that a defense do one of two things: 1)play extremely sound, fundamental, assignment football or 2)be freaking fast, hard hitting, and kamikazee. The first one is not Fulton's strong suit. I am not actually sure if Fulton has a base defensive set or if it is just "you 8 guys crowd the line and tackle people". The second one is the strength of the Falcon defense. I think that their speed and clustering of the line will disrupt the hand-offs of the wing. All of those fakes that are done with a Wing-T are meant to confuse players that are reading...Fulton don't read, they just attack. I would love to see East win, but I am going to say that Fulton pulls this one out. Let's say, 34-20.

Pulling for East but picking Fulton on this one. Hope I'm wrong. Every game a team gets more experience but East has several starters that had not been penciled in back on August 1st.

Pulling for East but picking Fulton on this one. Hope I'm wrong. Every game a team gets more experience but East has several starters that had not been penciled in back on August 1st.

I believe East is ready to pull the upset. This is a good game for East at this

time in the schedule to face a team as strong as Fulton. East knows they

have to step it up to come out on top. All is required is everyone getting on

the same page and not make mistakes. This will be the kind of game football

fans like to watch.

East had a really good practice on tuesday. The O has looked good for the last 2 weeks and may have turned the corner. As far as the upset, if they take care of the ball and play D, they will be in it at the end and then anything can happen. They are relatively healthy or at least as healthy as they have been this season.