Carter @ Seymour

MineyHaole

Actually it's Benton Householder Field, not Gary Householder. Pretty sure they're related but not totally sure.

Benton was Gary's dad.

As for the game, I'm calling for a much-different than last week Seymour team to come out and win this one. It will be a close game either way. It's a lot to base a win on, but I think the team that keeps its head takes this game. Seymour by a touchdown

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it is Benton Householder Stadium and Gary Householder Field. And more recently, Gary Householder Fieldhouse.

Wow, I am glad we got that out of the way. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Can we now talk about the actual game? I think this will be a close one. Carter has talent and speed, and Seymour has had a good start. I think it will come down to discipline. Who has less penalties and who can keep their cool. I think it will be Seymour by two field goals.

Sorry about all of the convroversy about the name, but it sounds like we have that straightened out now. I can tell you this much, this game hs been circled on the Seymour calendar for about 365 days. I was at the game last year when it seemed the entire Seymour sideline unravelled and went lolo(crazy). As anyone that was there saw after the game, the teams did not even shake hands. I mentioned earlier that the Eagles were talking about this game before the season even started... http://www.volunteertv.com/hssports/headlines/9105991.html ; and I think that the drive to beat Carter propelled Seymour to the big start that they had this season. Last week was a stumbling block for Seymour, but it was a county rival, and those are always tough to predict. On the other hand, Carter is starting to play a little better football, the young defense is starting to mature and step up when it is needed. Carter may have their hands full this Friday night. I am going to say that whatever the coaching staff at Carter has been doing for the past couple of years has been working; and I can't see them forgetting how to beat the Eagles. I say Carter wins in a brawl, 20-18

Carter put a twist in the gameplan last week with two quaterbacks. Was that to give Seymour something to think about or was it something we will see from here on out? It seemed to work well against Karns. Seymour has had the numbers of a couple of Carter players taped up on their walls from last year, but one of those guys is gone. That might be a let down. After the opening kickoff, the guys will settle down and play some good football. Should be a good game. Seymour has the edge in special teams with their kicking game and that may be the difference. However, Im going with the Hornets 20-17.

Having seen both teams play twice, Carter has a definite speed advantage but may not be physical enough, especially at LB (if 22 and/or 66 are out, it hurts even more). To take advantage of it though, they'll need to tighten up the rotation and put their best players in the right positions and keep them on the field as much as possible. The more snaps 11 gets at QB and 15 gets at safety, the better for the Hornets. This Seymour team has a BIG advantage in special teams play and won't be taken advantage of mentally like they were last year. If Carter can put all their guys on the field and in the right positions, they take it by a TD. If not, Seymour mans up on them and takes it by a TD or more based on at least one big special teams play.

Looks like I got the Carter Offense right on the money, and I appologize for underestimateing the defense's ability. The Eagles have not managed to score in this game for the past three years. I guess the region is still ruled by the Hornets, until proven otherwise. Look out Hornets for this week's opponent. The Patriots always give a hard time to Carter, and this could be one of those overlooked games that could come up and bite you on the rear. Seymour should have a nice bounce-back game against the lowly Tiger of Pigeon Forge. But beware the three game losing streak Eagles.