Macon Co?

geo1126

Lucky you. I got the boot in the butt several times. When they said crawl low. They meant low. When they said stand tall they meant tall. Also a rifle is not a gun. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> They knew how to coach.

Yea, I was more "offended" by the open hand to the back of the head than I was the name calling.

I wish MC best of luck this year and hopefully all the off the field stuff will come to an end. These kids deserve to play the game without all the garbage from the so called adults.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we all meet at the end of HWY 10 at Hartsville and go at it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm all for it!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Let me put on my ninja suit!!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I'm all for it!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Let me put on my ninja suit!!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Don't leave me out of this mafia I want to be part of it. I will bring the white flags /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Don't leave me out of this mafia I want to be part of it. I will bring the white flags /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I'll bring the yellow flags and wear black/white stripe shirt and make bad calls. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OWLSRULE, I was reminded of "tiptoeing through the tulips" and "you couldn't bust an egg taped to the top of your helmet" the moment I read this thread. LOL

Too many people are too PC these days if you ask me. We are afraid to say what we mean sometimes just for the threat of making someone uncomfortable. Pretty sickening and wussified.

Or afraid they will get sued.

twing twang

would you meddle if an asst coach told your son he was a sissy for playing WR, and the kid thought he meant it?

would you meddle if an asst coach said openly that he would like to play football with some kids mom. She could be the center and he would be the quarterback. All this said in front of her husband and her SON (the player).

You tell me what would you do in these situations????

This is a joke!! Pray your son never enters the Army. You can't fire the

D.I.

Butt out, and let him grow up. So he was called a sissy. So what. Prove him

wrong, take it like a man, and go out & kick somebodys' butt on Fri. nite.

Hey 1 Buck 2! What's going on up home? Macon is no different from any other place, there is always parents that meddles, coaches who might cross the line every once in a while, cliques that conspire to do one thing or another. It happens at lot of places. The bottom line is that let the coaches coach, hopefully they will motivate the kids in the right way but sometimes coaches may have to use negative criticism to get a player to perform to his/her abilities as long as the coach does not cross the line and make it a personal vendetta and say something that he shouldn't. The coaches spend more time with the players more than his own kids (I am talking from experience here) they know who is doing what. Parents should support the players and coaches but if they feel something is wrong, come talk to the coach in a civilized manner, set up an appointment and talk to the coach. What's said in the office stays in the office. Don't come racing down the field after a game or wait for him in the parking lot as he is getting into his car (this happened to me after the biggest win of our season and I couldn't even celebrate the win for 5 minutes) and make it a public spectacle. I guarantee you that more can be settled if an appointment is made and the differences are ironed out. Finally, the game is for the kids, everybody should do what they can to make it the best experience possible for them. Let the players play, let the coaches coach, and the parents/fans support the team. Good Luck the rest of year to my old school!

Hey 1 Buck 2! What's going on up home? Macon is no different from any other place, there is always parents that meddles, coaches who might cross the line every once in a while, cliques that conspire to do one thing or another. It happens at lot of places. The bottom line is that let the coaches coach, hopefully they will motivate the kids in the right way but sometimes coaches may have to use negative criticism to get a player to perform to his/her abilities as long as the coach does not cross the line and make it a personal vendetta and say something that he shouldn't. The coaches spend more time with the players more than his own kids (I am talking from experience here) they know who is doing what. Parents should support the players and coaches but if they feel something is wrong, come talk to the coach in a civilized manner, set up an appointment and talk to the coach. What's said in the office stays in the office. Don't come racing down the field after a game or wait for him in the parking lot as he is getting into his car (this happened to me after the biggest win of our season and I couldn't even celebrate the win for 5 minutes) and make it a public spectacle. I guarantee you that more can be settled if an appointment is made and the differences are ironed out. Finally, the game is for the kids, everybody should do what they can to make it the best experience possible for them. Let the players play, let the coaches coach, and the parents/fans support the team. Good Luck the rest of year to my old school!

There are some places where this activity is part of the culture of the community, however. It is allowed by the administration (where in many cases there is also a lot of political back-stabbing in the community overall); there are two or more diverse societal groups that have issues with each other (and want things done diametrically different from the other); and sometimes the way these so-called controversies are handled allow for things to consistently blow up. I do agree with you about how it should be handled, but I can tell you from my knowledge of the community it is not the way they do things there. Thus the instability of the program at this time (and it is NOT thte first time this has happened here...)

There are some places where this activity is part of the culture of the community, however. It is allowed by the administration (where in many cases there is also a lot of political back-stabbing in the community overall); there are two or more diverse societal groups that have issues with each other (and want things done diametrically different from the other); and sometimes the way these so-called controversies are handled allow for things to consistently blow up. I do agree with you about how it should be handled, but I can tell you from my knowledge of the community it is not the way they do things there. Thus the instability of the program at this time (and it is NOT thte first time this has happened here...)

Boy, we need to let this statement, mean alot to us, considering, where I think your from.