Region 4-1A Headache

FCSprideatUT

This is definately the SEC of 1A. This region has had a team to put out my Hampton Bulldogs each of the past 2 years. I can't wait to see which team we'll probably meet in the 4th round this year...

I'm not sure what is going on in region 4 but the SEC of 1A??? A possibility that nobody has mentioned is that maybe the Region 4 teams are just down from last year due to graduations and injuries. I haven't seen any teams play but I have been surprised by the upsets and the close games by the typical lower tier teams. I really expected G'ville and to a lesser degree FCS to dominate because I knew TC was down a little.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what is going on in region 4 but the SEC of 1A??? A possibility that nobody has mentioned is that maybe the Region 4 teams are just down from last year due to graduations and injuries. I haven't seen any teams play but I have been surprised by the upsets and the close games by the typical lower tier teams. I really expected G'ville and to a lesser degree FCS to dominate because I knew TC was down a little.

Oh i've thought about it, and for all anyone knows it could be very true. Don't forget that last year Everyone said that the Big 10 was one of the toughest conferences in the NCAA, and then their top two teams got drilled in their bowl games. The post season decides everything about the strength of a league.

We don't have bowl games, we have the playoffs. Either Watertown, Clay County and Monterey all decided to turn their fortunes around and jump start their programs again, OR FCS, Gordonsville and TC all decided to have a down year at the same time. Mabey both, who knows?

The playoffs will tell the story. Depending on how the playoffs work out it will show if region 4 is better than ever, or a little low. Honestly it could be either one right now. I know that I still expect a team from region 4 to be in the burro just because of sheer numbers. There are going to be at lest 2 or 3 teams from region 4 that are capable, other than that in the east braket is South Pitt and Hampton.

the little team from watertown will win the region . they got mjca this week can you say win an then they got red bolling thats a win then they got gville witch they got a big game the week before with friendship they will beat up on each other an then monteray will have a few loses bye then so they will be down so that leaves the aka waterwings as REGION 4 1A CHAMPS

the little team from watertown will win the region . they got mjca this week can you say win an then they got red bolling thats a win then they got gville witch they got a big game the week before with friendship they will beat up on each other an then monteray will have a few loses bye then so they will be down so that leaves the aka waterwings as REGION 4 1A CHAMPS

put down the crackpipe and step away from the keyboard. Watertown is going to lose to Gordonsville and Monterey, thus they will be sitting at home, once again.

This is a tough region whether up, down or sideways. Friendship and Trousdale hasn't shown the dominence like they have in the past. Gordonsville was supposed to be the favorite. Watertown still doesn't get respect even though they have beaten Trousdale and the defending Kentucky 2A state champs. Monterey will always play you tough. It's down to crunch time, every game counts.

The reason Watertown doesn't get the respect is in the post above. "MJ Christian is a win, RBS is a win" For no more than they've ever proven, they're pretty cocky. So they beat us this year, that's great, but they still have some games left that could be lost, ANY of them. They started bragging about this time last year too, and then had the same old result. Beating TC does not guarantee you a spot in the playoffs, you have to beat several others too.

I would say that region 5 and region 6 could definetly hang with region 4, especially if they played region 5 or 6 vs 4 first round of the playoffs. jo byrns, cascade, whh, forrest, or McEwen from region 5 and Mt plesant, collinwood, wayne co, and cornersville from region 6 would match up very well with region 4. Its a shame they can't meet until the state finals. I do not know what happened to Jo Byrns last year but I saw them play a few times, I know they did not win the state but for some reason it looked like Jo byrns would have ran FC off of the field. I am not from Jo Byrns and this is not bias. I do not know what happened to them last year. I do not think this years team is quite as good but as far a the region it has came up more from last year. Sorry to get a little off topic with the JB thing but region 5, region 6 could hang with if they are not better than region 4.

I would say that region 5 and region 6 could definetly hang with region 4, especially if they played region 5 or 6 vs 4 first round of the playoffs. jo byrns, cascade, whh, forrest, or McEwen from region 5 and Mt plesant, collinwood, wayne co, and cornersville from region 6 would match up very well with region 4. Its a shame they can't meet until the state finals. I do not know what happened to Jo Byrns last year but I saw them play a few times, I know they did not win the state but for some reason it looked like Jo byrns would have ran FC off of the field. I am not from Jo Byrns and this is not bias. I do not know what happened to them last year. I do not think this years team is quite as good but as far a the region it has came up more from last year. Sorry to get a little off topic with the JB thing but region 5, region 6 could hang with if they are not better than region 4.

NOT

I would say that region 5 and region 6 could definetly hang with region 4, especially if they played region 5 or 6 vs 4 first round of the playoffs. jo byrns, cascade, whh, forrest, or McEwen from region 5 and Mt plesant, collinwood, wayne co, and cornersville from region 6 would match up very well with region 4. Its a shame they can't meet until the state finals. I do not know what happened to Jo Byrns last year but I saw them play a few times, I know they did not win the state I am not from Jo Byrns and this is not bias. I do not know what happened to them last year. I do not think this years team is quite as good but as far a the region it has came up more from last year. Sorry to get a little off topic with the JB thing but region 5, region 6 could hang with if they are not better than region 4.

you are entitled to your own oppinions about which regions are tough and for the record I have voiced many time about how region 6 has some quality teams in it. Just thought I would fill you in on what happened to Jo Byrns last year.

Jo Byrns marched to their second straight undefeated regular season and made it to 12-0 before playing Mt. Pleasant. Mt. Pleasant beat Jo Byrns in a close contest, i believe it was by only one point. Mt. Pleasant then turns around and gets drill fourty something to fourteen by Jackson Christian. Jackson Christian then defeated Friendship Christian by 6.

As I said you are entitled to your own oppinion on regions, but i don't see your logic for the statement

but for some reason it looked like Jo byrns would have ran FC off of the field.

Regions 5 & 6 need to worry alot more about 7 & 8 than they do little ole region 4.

The reason Watertown doesn't get the respect is in the post above. "MJ Christian is a win, RBS is a win" For no more than they've ever proven, they're pretty cocky. So they beat us this year, that's great, but they still have some games left that could be lost, ANY of them. They started bragging about this time last year too, and then had the same old result. Beating TC does not guarantee you a spot in the playoffs, you have to beat several others too.

I agree...Watertown is acting pretty cocky for having done nothing. They have zero region championships and have a whopping 2-16 record in the playoffs, the last playoff win came before any of the current players were born. Go figure. So until they do something other than talk. We all heard the same thing last year, about how since they beat TC, they should get respect. That's fine and all, but make some noise in the playoffs, or better yet, just make the playoffs and win a game before claiming you name to the respect you think you rightfully deserve.

Here is how the region finishes IMO...

1. Gordonsville, I think they win out from here on out IMO, really trying not to be biased.

2. FC, beats TC, loses to Gordonsville

3. TC

4. Monterey

I don't think a lot of people in Watertown are bragging about how they are gonna be region champs. Maybe a few kids, but I think most everyone knows that there is still a whole lot of football to be played. But why is it completely OK for GV to talk about how they know they are gonna beat WHS, but it's not OK for WHS fans to say that we are gonna beat MJC or RBS. Both are just assumptions based on previous years. Anyway, WHS has the same plans as everyone else, win the rest of your games and see how it turns out. Isn't that every teams plan??? Good luck to all!