Oak Ridge vs. William Blount

boyfromsi

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your question-comment about the grass was ok by me. Actually the grass is always that long. It is mowed every thursday before a home game. The grounds keepers do a good job with what hey have. Also they take pride in the job they do. In times past some others didn't and it showed.

I must say that the facilities were nice and in good shape... I offended my new best friend "bladerunner"... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ... but look forward to chatting with him in the future.... Good luck with those Hamilton County Officials down at S.D. ... They always seem to make things interesting.....

"Hayseed"

That whole place is interesting. Starting with the way the team comes down through the crowd.

I'd say.... We missed our turn into the high school and next thing I knew we was in a nuclear plant... Before the game I saw the officials coming out on the field and much to my suprise the ref was the same guy that we knew and loved... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...from the owls game a year ago... (at least I think it was)..... Anyway, be sure to take your sunglasses... It's hard to see till sunset.... Have a safe trip....

bounder and owlfanatic are right... We need to move on...If I've offended anyone one with my comments I apologize... Looking back most of this may be my fault for my comments about the lenght of the grass at the "ship".

I got in to a foolish diatribe with bladerunner then the thread went downhill.. My bad...I'm sorry.... Hope both teams can get/stay healthy and let's enjoy some lighthearted banter and great football the rest of the season.....

tpoole12 a.k.a. "Hayseed"

TPoole, it takes a real man (person) to apologize, but in all honesty you had a legitimate comment about the grass. As I recall it was BladeRunner who started up the garbage and threatening to tell the lawnmower man and all that stuff.

Good luck to all the 'Cats fans from here on out. Take care of business with Farragut, Ooltewah, and Soddy and then we know that you are a better team than what we saw.

Oh, and I think in one of the prior posts you are called "Jethro". Well, Jethro, Hayseed, or whatever-the-heck he wants to call you, good post!

TServies a.k.a. Hayseed's/Jethro's friend

It's a strange set up. The visitor stands are about 30 yards from the fence that's around the field.

Yeah it is... There was also a small group of students from S.D. that sat in the back of their pick-up trucks behind the visitors stands... they wasn't causing trouble but the P.A. anouncer mentioned that it would be nice for them to pay to get in.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ... What gets to me is when you travel that far and then the school allows some group to charge you to park in addition to admission....

Yeah it is... There was also a small group of students from S.D. that sat in the back of their pick-up trucks behind the visitors stands... they wasn't causing trouble but the P.A. anouncer mentioned that it would be nice for them to pay to get in.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ... What gets to me is when you travel that far and then the school allows some group to charge you to park in addition to admission....

I agree, but I think that's how most of our booster clubs make a little money to feed our "growing " boys. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree, but I think that's how most of our booster clubs make a little money to feed our "growing " boys. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

My growing boy is about to eat me out of house and home..... I guess I can live in the chicken coop once he eats all of them..... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />