7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

2p, did BJ play football? Not confusing Richard for BJ are you? I could be wrong, but I don't think he played.

The return of randymc. Its a stretch to judge Goochs class by him standing over there by hughes when King was talking to him. Star fan we were NEVER up by 24. Your making a fool of yourself saying that. TJ Joe plays better defense then pico and has more size then pico. I didnt say hes a better scorer but I felt the team was playing a better game when he was in there and then they didnt even pull him of Pico but for Chris Morant. Good kid and has alot of heart but is getting WAYYYY too much PT. Shows Harris picks favorites. and TJ as for the attention you get congrats, but the signs that have been made for 2p are 2priceless haha. No one will ever make a sign for you. You would have earned some attention last year but i refused to allow anyone to chant anything at you knowing attention is what you really want. It shows with every school change you make.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2p, did BJ play football? Not confusing Richard for BJ are you? I could be wrong, but I don't think he played.

The return of randymc. Its a stretch to judge Goochs class by him standing over there by hughes when King was talking to him. Star fan we were NEVER up by 24. Your making a fool of yourself saying that. TJ Joe plays better defense then pico and has more size then pico. I didnt say hes a better scorer but I felt the team was playing a better game when he was in there and then they didnt even pull him of Pico but for Chris Morant. Good kid and has alot of heart but is getting WAYYYY too much PT. Shows Harris picks favorites. and TJ as for the attention you get congrats, but the signs that have been made for 2p are 2priceless haha. No one will ever make a sign for you. You would have earned some attention last year but i refused to allow anyone to chant anything at you knowing attention is what you really want. It shows with every school change you make.

first of all will everyone please lay off marc gooch he is only a soph.....yes he should know to make the easy play but the dunk was the east play considering that that was the first dunk anyone has seemed to ever see him miss....he made a mistake they lost it wasnt all because off the dunk.....the team as a whole didnt play defense.....riverdale losing close games seems to be becoming a common theme around yalls parks...........WC i said yall would finish 6th and yall can still do it just keep on playin hard guys and good things will happen yall have seen that already......Lebanon just explain to me how yall are winning so many games so i can be convinced....White C i still have yall #1 Delaney should win district MVP......Blackman yall have a chance as long as alex is healthy and yall feed paul FEED FEED FEED paul he is huge just give it to him every now and then......Oakland please give someone besides dajuan credit...yes i no yall gave tyler some credit for his big game against siegel but that is the first time it seems like anyone besides epps has gotten any props this season he isnt the only reason oakland is winning by any stretch.......honestly he is the third leg of that team and if they would give tyler more chances to score he would be the 4th leg....he has played hard and all but stop blowing him up like hes better than chaisson or jaffarious.....kendal needs to get some recognition for his tremendous play.....and without deandre at point that team doesnt function correctly and why does bj nelson and nick play over hockberry.....and everyone cutter will be fine its just the affects of not having kerry on the floor and having an idiot for a coach.....and whoever believes that joe ward needs to play heavy minutes needs to put the pipe down and start smokin cigarettes because if you think he and smitty did enough to start over tj and some else then its affecting your brain.....pico didnt get much of a chance to do a lot and why does harris throw neil robinson out there for the 3 when he hasnt had a chance to heat up by running around a little bit thats just unfair to the player to put him in that situation.....siegel can be great but some of the coaches have to go....coach king is a great coach but he isnt the best in the state .....there has to be a reason why he hasnt won state

Gooch might be young, but still. There is no reason to try to throw that home, its called time and score. There is a time and a place to throw down a dunk, and he picked the wrong one and it cost his team greatly. He is a talented kid, but needs to work on his decision making. Cutter has changed his game a lot from last year, learned to share with his teammates and learned that Kerry Hammonds is the truth. Without Hammonds in the lineup, he is without his right hand man. You saw what happened with Siegel last year when Cutter had no right hand man to help him out each and every night. As for Harris, I believe this is his last year. I could be wrong, due to the loads of talent he will have for the next two years. If he does stay, he better bring home a state title in one of those two years or he wont have a choice on whether to leave or not. I say he leaves this year, Cutter and the senior class are the last group of kids that Harris brought on at Siegel, and I think it is time he hangs it up. Two great shots at the gold ball, and let both of them fall through his fingers. Don't see Nolan allowing that go on too much longer, but I could be wrong.

Gooch might be young, but still. There is no reason to try to throw that home, its called time and score. There is a time and a place to throw down a dunk, and he picked the wrong one and it cost his team greatly. He is a talented kid, but needs to work on his decision making. Cutter has changed his game a lot from last year, learned to share with his teammates and learned that Kerry Hammonds is the truth. Without Hammonds in the lineup, he is without his right hand man. You saw what happened with Siegel last year when Cutter had no right hand man to help him out each and every night. As for Harris, I believe this is his last year. I could be wrong, due to the loads of talent he will have for the next two years. If he does stay, he better bring home a state title in one of those two years or he wont have a choice on whether to leave or not. I say he leaves this year, Cutter and the senior class are the last group of kids that Harris brought on at Siegel, and I think it is time he hangs it up. Two great shots at the gold ball, and let both of them fall through his fingers. Don't see Nolan allowing that go on too much longer, but I could be wrong.

Harris isn't going anywhere...look at Nolan's track record with football, and Harris has done more for that school than Watson.

I was just judging him by his actions.....that's all.

All the people talking about Gooch missing a dunk is a little bit narrow minded. It's easy to point out one play that you expect a player to make and he doesn't. But what is easier when you can dunk as easy as he can, a dunk or a layup? Those are the same to athletic players like him, just as easy as a layup. To the crowd, its alot different and easy to pin it on him. By all accounts nobody has ever seen him miss a dunk before. I was not at this game but there were several other missed opportunities for Siegel. Did Cutter miss some easy layups? A few is what I was told, as I'm sure other players had missed opportunities. To me, it is being way overblown and he shares no more blame than the rest of the Siegel team and coaches.

And Randy, seriously, your calling a kid classless because he follows his player when he goes near his coach to receive instructions when its not a timeout? Stop looking into something that isn't there, I saw countless players on both teams do that when I was at Siegel vs. Oakland games.

I was just judging him by his actions.....that's all.

Siegel has and will always follow there man to the bench. Whether it be Oakland or Warren County. If I recall everyone went crazy 2 years ago when Darius Roper followed an Oakland player. Is Darius not classy? No he is infact one of the classier players thats played at siegel. Get over it. Once again excellent observation wingman, go pats, your comments bring alot to these boards. If only we all had the great knowledge you do.

Harris isn't going anywhere...look at Nolan's track record with football, and Harris has done more for that school than Watson.

Big difference in these two coachs is Harris has more talent to work with where as Watson has not had alot of talent and has had some bad luck with the talent he has had. In my opinion Watson is a knowledgable coach who runs his system and wont change it up at all no matter what talent he has. With Harris im not even sure he has a system at all or a strategy. Only one time I remember him winning us a game was when he ran a triangle and 2 against shelbyville to shut down Twilley and Stewart. But we have never had any offensive strategy what so ever. With the shooters and posts we have had we easily should have ran some sort of offense to get our shooters open looks and our posts good position but we have never done anything like that.

With the season winding down and no team seeming to take charge, how do you see the district shaking out? I don't see any team in our district capable of being competitive on the state level. This is in direct contrast to years past when 2 and sometimes 3 teams seemed a threat to win it all. Am I wrong when I say the district is somewhat down?

All the people talking about Gooch missing a dunk is a little bit narrow minded. It's easy to point out one play that you expect a player to make and he doesn't. But what is easier when you can dunk as easy as he can, a dunk or a layup? Those are the same to athletic players like him, just as easy as a layup. To the crowd, its alot different and easy to pin it on him. By all accounts nobody has ever seen him miss a dunk before. I was not at this game but there were several other missed opportunities for Siegel. Did Cutter miss some easy layups? A few is what I was told, as I'm sure other players had missed opportunities. To me, it is being way overblown and he shares no more blame than the rest of the Siegel team and coaches.

And Randy, seriously, your calling a kid classless because he follows his player when he goes near his coach to receive instructions when its not a timeout? Stop looking into something that isn't there, I saw countless players on both teams do that when I was at Siegel vs. Oakland games.

Might be ust as easy to dunk, but a dunk has a higher chance of being missed, no doubt. Might be more embarassing to miss the layup though lol HH, just calling it as I see it, COUNTLESS?....you must have watched a lot more basketball than I have, but the only players I've seen do this, wear the Star's uniform.....and yes, I am calling it classless during a FT, up 14 with seconds left in the 4th quarter, and I am sure most would say the same. I do love your blind patriotism though lol

Siegel has and will always follow there man to the bench. Whether it be Oakland or Warren County. If I recall everyone went crazy 2 years ago when Darius Roper followed an Oakland player. Is Darius not classy? No he is infact one of the classier players thats played at siegel. Get over it. Once again excellent observation wingman, go pats, your comments bring alot to these boards. If only we all had the great knowledge you do.

And Siegel is the only school I know that does anything like this. Funny thing in that game, about the only way Siegel loses the game is to get a technical foul......and they did when someone, may have been Roper....don't remember....decided to do that....must be coaching I guess.

And, BTW, Roper and I always talk everytime we see each other. The only kid on those SHS teams I really enjoyed coaching.