7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

A lot of good conversation on here since I last looked. I think OP made very good points about Lebanon. They have always played a spoiler role for as long as I can remember in both basketball and in football. Coach Kiel is a very good coach.,.....after all he had a lot of success in Warren County, and that is NOT easy to do. His teams are well-prepared and fundamentally sound. Imagine what he would have done with the talent at Siegel!!

Siegelgrad makes some valid points. I hate to bring this up......but we all know why Pico was in the game over others that were mentioned.......if you don't know why b/c you are new to the boards.....just ask the GODFATHER. I also think a LOT of Darius Roper. I think he had the most clsss on that Siegel team. I do remember discussion on him from times past with a situation in an OHS game. We all must realize that RIVAL games bring out emotion and sometimes we let that get the best of us. J-wade and Chaisson also let some things get to them in times past against Siegel that were out-of-character. I have seen Roper play many a game and the ONLY time I ever saw him lose it was that ONE time against us. It is totally not his usual demeanor and it was simply his emotions getting the best of him. He is a good kid and player and I support him to the fullest.

Me, I like Morant and posted a lot about him in the past......so I will not down the kid.

Gooch and the missed dunk.....it was NOT the gamebreaker some of yall are making it out to be. Gooch is a really good player and has had some big moments where he has made some huge plays. His potential is unlimited. We have had some kids at OHS miss dunks before and King jerked their butts out of the game to teach them a hard lesson. Harris doesn't do the same. That is part of the problem. I will never forget the game where Jimmy got in trouble with the refs and was taken out.....he TOLD Harris HE was going back into the game, and Harris let him go. I was right behind the bench and heard it with my own ears. I knew then who ran that team. One of the funniest moments from times past was when Ramsey missed a dunk against Us. I remember think HOW IN THE WORLD can a kid that tall MISS a dunk?? It was pretty dang funny. We have to all agree that Siegel Vs Oakland games are all going to be heated contests and fans will see things in their own slanted way....which makes it so much fun on here.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big difference in these two coachs is Harris has more talent to work with where as Watson has not had alot of talent and has had some bad luck with the talent he has had. In my opinion Watson is a knowledgable coach who runs his system and wont change it up at all no matter what talent he has. With Harris im not even sure he has a system at all or a strategy. Only one time I remember him winning us a game was when he ran a triangle and 2 against shelbyville to shut down Twilley and Stewart. But we have never had any offensive strategy what so ever. With the shooters and posts we have had we easily should have ran some sort of offense to get our shooters open looks and our posts good position but we have never done anything like that.

NO NO NO.........watson has had plenty of talent on that football team....but he has had some bad luck though

With the season winding down and no team seeming to take charge, how do you see the district shaking out? I don't see any team in our district capable of being competitive on the state level. This is in direct contrast to years past when 2 and sometimes 3 teams seemed a threat to win it all. Am I wrong when I say the district is somewhat down?

some of the teams may stand a chance for the simple fact that basketball talent is down overall in this area simple as that.....there are a few exceptions and i mean a few

As I have said all year long, this has been a team effort, Oakland has relied on balance across the board in order to be successful. Dejuan is a key cog in why this team is 17-3, but so is Jamal, Dre, Tyler, Kendall, and so on and so forth. I dont think anyone has compared Dejuan to Chase or Jay and if they have, the comparisons arent unwarranted, but you cannnot deny that its either he or Kendall that the ball goes to whenever Oakland needs a basket, and he has shown a remarkable proficiency of being very clutch this season when Oakland has needed a basket from him. BJ and Nick have spent more time in the program and know the system a little bit better, David had to know he wasnt going to play a whole lot this year with Nick and Dre in front of him, but David will bet his chance to start next year and if he is up to the task, he could very wel start next season.Yes, there is a reason why King hasnt won state, its luck and you need to alot of it to win the gold ball in any season.Even when there isnt as much talent Lebanon, will always be in contention and win their fair share games because of these 2 things: 1. They have one of the best coaches in his district who is a killer motivator. 2. They come after you every night, when you play hard, sometimes you will be able to make your own luck. Depending on how this district finishes out in the regular season, I think they stand a decent chance to make the region tournament, which is amazing considering how many starters/players they lose year after year, but yet they are also a factor in this district, If Doug Keil ever got some good young talent and could play them together for a few years, Lebanon would be downright lethal.White County is in first right now, but this is a big week for them as they must beat the 2 teams that gave them losses in district play. They still have Oakland right behind them in second and should Oakland win in Sparta, that will give the Patriots the tiebreaker over White Co, which could give Oakland the #1 seed going into the district tournament, but thats a pretty assumption at this point, winning the last 4 district games is going to be a tall task for Oakland, but if they can continue upon what they did friday night, we will have a good chance to be there at the end.

not trying to take away his thunder but dajuan hit a wide open layup and a wide open floater to win two ball games and he became mister clutch but in every big district game except for like two he struggles dramatically for someone who is supposed to be a star........kendal is their best player hands down and dre is their best playmaker.......that system they run isnt that complicated all they have to do is play david thats all.......bj is not the same basketball player as football player by any stretch....he is a goood football player.....as for nick i have no comment

As I have said all year long, this has been a team effort, Oakland has relied on balance across the board in order to be successful. Dejuan is a key cog in why this team is 17-3, but so is Jamal, Dre, Tyler, Kendall, and so on and so forth. I dont think anyone has compared Dejuan to Chase or Jay and if they have, the comparisons arent unwarranted, but you cannnot deny that its either he or Kendall that the ball goes to whenever Oakland needs a basket, and he has shown a remarkable proficiency of being very clutch this season when Oakland has needed a basket from him. BJ and Nick have spent more time in the program and know the system a little bit better, David had to know he wasnt going to play a whole lot this year with Nick and Dre in front of him, but David will bet his chance to start next year and if he is up to the task, he could very wel start next season.Yes, there is a reason why King hasnt won state, its luck and you need to alot of it to win the gold ball in any season.Even when there isnt as much talent Lebanon, will always be in contention and win their fair share games because of these 2 things: 1. They have one of the best coaches in his district who is a killer motivator. 2. They come after you every night, when you play hard, sometimes you will be able to make your own luck. Depending on how this district finishes out in the regular season, I think they stand a decent chance to make the region tournament, which is amazing considering how many starters/players they lose year after year, but yet they are also a factor in this district, If Doug Keil ever got some good young talent and could play them together for a few years, Lebanon would be downright lethal.White County is in first right now, but this is a big week for them as they must beat the 2 teams that gave them losses in district play. They still have Oakland right behind them in second and should Oakland win in Sparta, that will give the Patriots the tiebreaker over White Co, which could give Oakland the #1 seed going into the district tournament, but thats a pretty assumption at this point, winning the last 4 district games is going to be a tall task for Oakland, but if they can continue upon what they did friday night, we will have a good chance to be there at the end.

not trying to take away his thunder but dajuan hit a wide open layup and a wide open floater to win two ball games and he became mister clutch but in every big district game except for like two he struggles dramatically for someone who is supposed to be a star........kendal is their best player hands down and dre is their best playmaker.......that system they run isnt that complicated all they have to do is play david thats all.......bj is not the same basketball player as football player by any stretch....he is a goood football player.....as for nick i have no comment

BJ is a team player, no matter the sport. He is just happy to be a part of it all and we are sure glad that he came to OHS. He has contributed to the overall atmosphere of the school for sure. As I said, I think he was under-used and under-rated in football. He showed so much promise...esp against WC, Lebanon,Blackman, and Smyrna. I really hope the new coach gives him a look.

With the season winding down and no team seeming to take charge, how do you see the district shaking out? I don't see any team in our district capable of being competitive on the state level. This is in direct contrast to years past when 2 and sometimes 3 teams seemed a threat to win it all. Am I wrong when I say the district is somewhat down?

definately down. last year, oakland riverdale white co and blackman were all legit teams. i dont think they have improved any. lebanon cookeville warren co and siegel have improved, but siegel is the only one of those teams thats traditionally a threat to win the district.

with riverdales outstanding freshman team and their junior class, and the young talent siegel and oakland have, i expect all three have a slugfest for the district crown this year, maybe even one of them good enough to go the state.

BJ is a team player, no matter the sport. He is just happy to be a part of it all and we are sure glad that he came to OHS. He has contributed to the overall atmosphere of the school for sure. As I said, I think he was under-used and under-rated in football. He showed so much promise...esp against WC, Lebanon,Blackman, and Smyrna. I really hope the new coach gives him a look.

he was at riverdale when McDaniel, Gardner and White all three were there. Mac and Gardner might not be as familiar with him since he was a freshman, but White definately would know him well from being in charge of the weight room. BJ will be utilized well in football this next year, im sure the coaches already have confidence in him being the only Riverdale connection there.

i heard Mac started work last week and White and Gardner are starting tommorrow? maybe you can shed light on that in the football forums

Might be ust as easy to dunk, but a dunk has a higher chance of being missed, no doubt. Might be more embarassing to miss the layup though lol HH, just calling it as I see it, COUNTLESS?....you must have watched a lot more basketball than I have, but the only players I've seen do this, wear the Star's uniform.....and yes, I am calling it classless during a FT, up 14 with seconds left in the 4th quarter, and I am sure most would say the same. I do love your blind patriotism though lol

And Siegel is the only school I know that does anything like this. Funny thing in that game, about the only way Siegel loses the game is to get a technical foul......and they did when someone, may have been Roper....don't remember....decided to do that....must be coaching I guess.

And, BTW, Roper and I always talk everytime we see each other. The only kid on those SHS teams I really enjoyed coaching.

So you weren't there when Jaffarious gave the bird to Siegel students or Chaisson started yelling F you to the Siegel students? It was well publicized on here at the time. Jaffarious did it twice.

You guys mentioned the situation at Oakland with Darius Roper. The reason he went over there is he saw an Oakland player push Cutter. He went over there and told the player and Coach King if he touches him again he will finish it and the ref heard him. This was while Siegel was shooting free throws up 4. I got that straight from Darius' mouth after the game because nobody knew exactly what happened but he admitted everything he said and why he said it. Also, Siegel won that game as well.

Its a rivalry game. Both teams get caught up in the emotions as 2p says. I'm not going to say Siegel players didn't take it over the top, but dont take the "holyer than thou" attitude when it is clearly not the case.

I am new to Coach T and I love it...but one thing I have notice is there are no real facts on here from players or former players...because if you were nobody would hide behind a screen name. I am not either, but I can admit it......I just find it hard for any guy or girl to get on here and dawg out players from any school. We do not know the time they put in and the hard work that goes in to being on a 7-AAA team. So with that being said thank you to all the players of 7-AAA for giving us your all...whether you are on are playing or sitting on the bench you're awesome.

There are too many wanna be's on here that couldn't hack it or were not good enough to make it as a player....and I will be the first to say I wasn't good enough at 2 schools...so my hats off to ya...and Go Stars!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />