7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I didn't post more last night on the game. I have had a bad bout with strep throat this week that has kicked my butt. ( yes I am a sissy, and it caused me to miss the Riverdale game.....sorry Patriots I let you guys down) My throat was killing me after the game last night from all my yelling, and my meds knocked me out.

I have said over the yrs how much I like to see good defense in any sport. King's emphasis on it makes me a happy camper.I was really a big fan of Epps last yr becuase I saw in him the makings of a major defensive player. He proved this in spades last night with his fine performance. He matched Cutter step for step and you could definitely see the FRUSTRATION in Tyler b/c of it. In fact.....5 pts was all Cutter could put up on the boards. I credit a TEAM victory for Oakland. I was ROLLING when Gooch missed that dunk. That Showboat style is the death of a GOLD ball.....

I was proud of Tyler Edwards. I kept hearing what a playmaker he could be and truthfully had yet to experience a breakout performance from him......UNTIL last night. That is what I like about this OAKLAND team......you never know who will be the high scorer of the night. Seems like they check to see whose night it will be and get the ball to the one who is HOT....they spread the love on the this team. No supa-stars allowed.You don't usually see that from the Stars.....b/c there is always a player who thinks he is the only STAR.....who is playing for individual glory.

I said it awhile back.....Hammonds is the difference maker on the Siegel team. But......is he accident prone? Two yrs and two injuries.

Hey zoo.....think I have a pretty good idea who you are and if I am right......he definitely KNOWS bball INSIDE and OUT!! You are barking up the wrong tree if you argue with him. Guys like me know my place for sure........in the far corner.

Sorry I didn't post more last night on the game. I have had a bad bout with strep throat this week that has kicked my butt. ( yes I am a sissy, and it caused me to miss the Riverdale game.....sorry Patriots I let you guys down) My throat was killing me after the game last night from all my yelling, and my meds knocked me out.

I have said over the yrs how much I like to see good defense in any sport. King's emphasis on it makes me a happy camper.I was really a big fan of Epps last yr becuase I saw in him the makings of a major defensive player. He proved this in spades last night with his fine performance. He matched Cutter step for step and you could definitely see the FRUSTRATION in Tyler b/c of it. In fact.....5 pts was all Cutter could put up on the boards. I credit a TEAM victory for Oakland. I was ROLLING when Gooch missed that dunk. That Showboat style is the death of a GOLD ball.....

I was proud of Tyler Edwards. I kept hearing what a playmaker he could be and truthfully had yet to experience a breakout performance from him......UNTIL last night. That is what I like about this OAKLAND team......you never know who will be the high scorer of the night. Seems like they check to see whose night it will be and get the ball to the one who is HOT....they spread the love on the this team. No supa-stars allowed.You don't usually see that from the Stars.....b/c there is always a player who thinks he is the only STAR.....who is playing for individual glory.

I said it awhile back.....Hammonds is the difference maker on the Siegel team. But......is he accident prone? Two yrs and two injuries.

Hey zoo.....think I have a pretty good idea who you are and if I am right......he definitely KNOWS bball INSIDE and OUT!! You are barking up the wrong tree if you argue with him. Guys like me know my place for sure........in the far corner.

Ill second that about the performance of Tyler Edwards. When you see him play, the potential is obvious, but he has lacked the tenacity and toughness to do what is neccessary, until last night, was a big time breakout game for him. I think Oakland played one of their better games last night, if not their best of the season, they controlled the tempo all the way throughout the game and never let Siegel get the momentum for too long. I think Siegel played pretty well too, but they really need Hammonds back, but even without him, they are a pretty tough out.

On to next week, 2 very tough games with Cookeville who is playing very well as of late, and White Co. . Although Oakland is behind by a 1/2 game in the standings, it should be noted that the Patriots control their own destiny, if they win out, its a 3rd consecutive district championship for Oakland, which hasnt happened in 10-15 years, so take it one game at a time Patriots /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My opinion Josh Brown makes this team. He may not put up the big numbers like Delaney and Greene but I have seen him handle alot of fierce pressure this year. He carries a big responsibility and handles it well.

Josh Brown? Hey lets get for real, Josh is a good player, he steps up and makes some big shots for WC at times, but he in no way is the one responsible for "making this team". I absolutely cannot stand it when a player consistently flops on the floor trying to draw charges, thats just one of my pet peeves. Then when he actually does get a charge the ref alot of times will let it go. Another problem with flopping is this, I dont know if you other fans picked up on this or not but in last nights game Josh hit the deck for no reason other than he thought he was about to draw contact but it never happened, in turn what happened was Cookeville made a pass right over where he was and scored a basket. That one flop cost Sparta 4 points, Josh should have stolen the ball, but he couldnt because he was laying on his back. I know a guy sitting on the bench, and you guys know who Im talking about, that has done just as much for sparta in the past few games if not more than Josh.

seriously I can think of 3 guys right now Id rather have in the game other than Josh

[

Hey zoo.....think I have a pretty good idea who you are and if I am right......he definitely KNOWS bball INSIDE and OUT!! You are barking up the wrong tree if you argue with him. Guys like me know my place for sure........in the far

corner.

I dont care who he is or who you think he is defense is twice as important as offense if you are wanting to win championships? like I said earlier that is simple basketball 101

[

Hey zoo.....think I have a pretty good idea who you are and if I am right......he definitely KNOWS bball INSIDE and OUT!! You are barking up the wrong tree if you argue with him. Guys like me know my place for sure........in the far

corner.

I dont care who he is or who you think he is defense is twice as important as offense if you are wanting to win championships? like I said earlier that is simple basketball 101

Hold up...... I was talking about the smack Siegel posters were trying to give him about past games. He knows his stuff and can prove it.....just like oaklandpatriots does bout the history of Siegel bball and Oakland bball.

.......I like defense the best too and feel like ours has saved us many a game b/c if you keep the O from scoring and your Defense can make steals and get points out of it.....then DEFENSE wins games.

Josh Brown? Hey lets get for real, Josh is a good player, he steps up and makes some big shots for WC at times, but he in no way is the one responsible for "making this team". I absolutely cannot stand it when a player consistently flops on the floor trying to draw charges, thats just one of my pet peeves. Then when he actually does get a charge the ref alot of times will let it go. Another problem with flopping is this, I dont know if you other fans picked up on this or not but in last nights game Josh hit the deck for no reason other than he thought he was about to draw contact but it never happened, in turn what happened was Cookeville made a pass right over where he was and scored a basket. That one flop cost Sparta 4 points, Josh should have stolen the ball, but he couldnt because he was laying on his back. I know a guy sitting on the bench, and you guys know who Im talking about, that has done just as much for sparta in the past few games if not more than Josh.

seriously I can think of 3 guys right now Id rather have in the game other than Josh

I did see Josh fall down for no apparent reason. I also saw him come up with a big steal to seal the victory. You have got to kidding about 3 guys you'd rather see in the game than Josh. Would you care to name them?

I did see Josh fall down for no apparent reason. I also saw him come up with a big steal to seal the victory. You have got to kidding about 3 guys you'd rather see in the game than Josh. Would you care to name them?

considering we only go 7 deep spartaman you are way way way off on this one!!!!!Wc is a strong team i emphasize team 7 deep cant afford any of them to be off or injured.

[

corner.

Its not twice as important, but you cant win on defense alone. Like I said before, defense will take care of itself. Offense can be ran to perfection and there is nothing an opposing defense can do but sit back and watch helplessly. Defense is important, but offense is more important.