7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't say the final was 24....but you are wrong..the Stars were up 24, heck I was there, and I remember being shocked that we got up that much. But I know it is hard for a loyal Oakland follower to accept the truth but it was 24, I am positive of that! Go Stars!

I was not at the first game to know for sure, but I can tell you that I would trust randymc with stat facts over just about anyone.

Hold up....

Keep joe ward in? I mean Siegel was trying to make a come back. They need someone who can score.

Explain how Joe played a better game than Pico please. Smitty wasn't in the game long at all. I don't know how he made an impact besides the flop.

I love the attention by the way, just ask 2p from a couple yrs ago. He knows lol

Yep, TJ is just like the ASSASSIN from Riverdale who loved the cheers and attention too. I know I have had signs made about me in the past by Riverdale in football and also at Lincoln County. Quite flattering !!!

Hey soph1025......I have given Kendall Harding many props in past posts as he has led in scoring several games and makes good decisions.I have commented on Dre's ball handling skills ( best dribbler I have seen in high school which I have said many times before) I am liking what I see of Tyler too. I just like Epp's defense plain and simple. I know everyone has to contribute to score a victory, and I like how OHS seems to find that go to guy every game that I have seen this yr so that a different person is the high scorer. I am also a HUGE BJ fan from football!!! I think he was underrated then and I think he flies under the radar in bball too.

i didn't say the final was 24....but you are wrong..the Stars were up 24, heck I was there, and I remember being shocked that we got up that much. But I know it is hard for a loyal Oakland follower to accept the truth but it was 24, I am positive of that! Go Stars!

After looking at the play-by-play of the 1st Siegel-Oakland game, the largest lead for either team was 7 by Oakland in the 1st until Siegel went up 8 halfway through the 4th. starfan, I think that last sentence should be for you...hard to accept the truth, trust 2p and I on this one....I'll post the pictures if you want.

I was not at the first game to know for sure, but I can tell you that I would trust randymc with stat facts over just about anyone.

Thanks 2p, knew I could count on you to back me up.

You said you could think of 3 right now you would rather have in the game than brown,so thought you were saying there were 3 players on bench who should play over brown?Maybe im not understanding if so i apologize.

No, it may have sounded like that, but that would be rediculous. I was meaning I think Delaney greene and puckett are the three main spear heads.

Hey soph1025......I have given Kendall Harding many props in past posts as he has led in scoring several games and makes good decisions.I have commented on Dre's ball handling skills ( best dribbler I have seen in high school which I have said many times before) I am liking what I see of Tyler too. I just like Epp's defense plain and simple. I know everyone has to contribute to score a victory, and I like how OHS seems to find that go to guy every game that I have seen this yr so that a different person is the high scorer. I am also a HUGE BJ fan from football!!! I think he was underrated then and I think he flies under the radar in bball too.

2p, did BJ play football? Not confusing Richard for BJ are you? I could be wrong, but I don't think he played.

first of all will everyone please lay off marc gooch he is only a soph.....yes he should know to make the easy play but the dunk was the east play considering that that was the first dunk anyone has seemed to ever see him miss....he made a mistake they lost it wasnt all because off the dunk.....the team as a whole didnt play defense.....riverdale losing close games seems to be becoming a common theme around yalls parks...........WC i said yall would finish 6th and yall can still do it just keep on playin hard guys and good things will happen yall have seen that already......Lebanon just explain to me how yall are winning so many games so i can be convinced....White C i still have yall #1 Delaney should win district MVP......Blackman yall have a chance as long as alex is healthy and yall feed paul FEED FEED FEED paul he is huge just give it to him every now and then......Oakland please give someone besides dajuan credit...yes i no yall gave tyler some credit for his big game against siegel but that is the first time it seems like anyone besides epps has gotten any props this season he isnt the only reason oakland is winning by any stretch.......honestly he is the third leg of that team and if they would give tyler more chances to score he would be the 4th leg....he has played hard and all but stop blowing him up like hes better than chaisson or jaffarious.....kendal needs to get some recognition for his tremendous play.....and without deandre at point that team doesnt function correctly and why does bj nelson and nick play over hockberry.....and everyone cutter will be fine its just the affects of not having kerry on the floor and having an idiot for a coach.....and whoever believes that joe ward needs to play heavy minutes needs to put the pipe down and start smokin cigarettes because if you think he and smitty did enough to start over tj and some else then its affecting your brain.....pico didnt get much of a chance to do a lot and why does harris throw neil robinson out there for the 3 when he hasnt had a chance to heat up by running around a little bit thats just unfair to the player to put him in that situation.....siegel can be great but some of the coaches have to go....coach king is a great coach but he isnt the best in the state .....there has to be a reason why he hasnt won state

As I have said all year long, this has been a team effort, Oakland has relied on balance across the board in order to be successful. Dejuan is a key cog in why this team is 17-3, but so is Jamal, Dre, Tyler, Kendall, and so on and so forth. I dont think anyone has compared Dejuan to Chase or Jay and if they have, the comparisons arent unwarranted, but you cannnot deny that its either he or Kendall that the ball goes to whenever Oakland needs a basket, and he has shown a remarkable proficiency of being very clutch this season when Oakland has needed a basket from him. BJ and Nick have spent more time in the program and know the system a little bit better, David had to know he wasnt going to play a whole lot this year with Nick and Dre in front of him, but David will bet his chance to start next year and if he is up to the task, he could very wel start next season.

Yes, there is a reason why King hasnt won state, its luck and you need to alot of it to win the gold ball in any season.

Even when there isnt as much talent Lebanon, will always be in contention and win their fair share games because of these 2 things: 1. They have one of the best coaches in his district who is a killer motivator. 2. They come after you every night, when you play hard, sometimes you will be able to make your own luck. Depending on how this district finishes out in the regular season, I think they stand a decent chance to make the region tournament, which is amazing considering how many starters/players they lose year after year, but yet they are also a factor in this district, If Doug Keil ever got some good young talent and could play them together for a few years, Lebanon would be downright lethal.

White County is in first right now, but this is a big week for them as they must beat the 2 teams that gave them losses in district play. They still have Oakland right behind them in second and should Oakland win in Sparta, that will give the Patriots the tiebreaker over White Co, which could give Oakland the #1 seed going into the district tournament, but thats a pretty assumption at this point, winning the last 4 district games is going to be a tall task for Oakland, but if they can continue upon what they did friday night, we will have a good chance to be there at the end.

Yes, both BJ and Richard played football. BJ was #5, and Richard was #40. Folk got really confused and thought they were the same kid b/c both ran the ball some. BJ scored a crucial TD against Blackman and ran well against Lebanon and Smyrna, where he caught several key passes for yardage in both games. Richard played mostly on Defense as DE , but they also used him some at Fullback. He also caught a few passes as well. Thus the confusion. BJ popped up in several places. He was used some in the secondary and also on O running the ball. I really think he played his best ball at the end of the season and should have been utilized more on offense than he was. In my opinion, he should have been the starter . He ran hard everytime he had the ball, and did not play selfishly. He came from Riverdale where he was the starting TB as a freshman, and we are very lucky to have him in both sports.

Yes, both BJ and Richard played football. BJ was #5, and Richard was #40. Folk got really confused and thought they were the same kid b/c both ran the ball some. Richard played mostly on Defense as DE , but they also used him some at Fullback. BJ popped up in several places. He was used some in the secondary and also on O running the ball. I really think he played his best ball at the end of the season and should have been utilized more on offense than he was. In my opinion, he should have been the starter . He ran hard everytime he had the ball, and did not play selfishly. He came from Riverdale where he was the starting TB as a freshman, and we are very lucky to have him in both sports.

randymc....Should have gone to more football games....