District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

Scoring from the Tigers tonight PapaT??

I know Leonard had somewhere around 23 or so.

Creek Wood didn't shoot the ball well because we were in their face. The shots they did make we let them get open. Especially that one kid, he hit them all night when he was open on the left side of the arc.

Leonard 23 (2 threes, 3-3 FT), Vogel 17 (2 threes, 7-7 FT), Josh Graham 8 (2 threes), Jeff Jackson 7 (5-8 FT), Adam Copeskey 6 (2 threes), Gilbert had an off game with only 1 point (1-2 FT), Sensing 1 (1-2 FT)

Primm 18 points (2-3 FT)

Creek Wood 9 threes (Walton 3, Palmore 3, Ethan Williams 2, Brandon Williams 1) Team 4-5 FT

Waverly 8 threes Team 17-22 FT

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be an interesting year. Creek Wood beat Sycamore, Sycamore beat Harpeth, Waverly beat Creek Wood, etc. Looks like my motto is coming true. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night. But I wouldn't hold much stock in the Montgomery Central wins. Everyone is beating them handily thisi year. And that surprises me.

I dont agree with the Montgomery Central comment. we were in every district game til the 4th quarter except for Fairview. We would have a stretch where we didnt play good and that wood lose the game for us.

"Fairview beat Montgomery Central handily at Fairview, I think they may surprise some people this year."

Demarcus Greene (top scorer) and Trevor Moore (point guard) didnt play that nite for MC.

That does explain a lot. What is wrong with Demarcus?? He is easily a top 4 player in the district, and has been putting up 25 plus almost every game. Was this the first game he did not play in?

They gave Liberty Tech a battle last year and they return everyone. From what I've heard they are every bit as good as the Liberty Tech team from last year. Liberty Tech reloaded and is a powerhouse in AAA this year and they beat Bolivar by 4 I think this year. YEah, they're good, McNairy Central is too, I believe they beat HArpeth already. Jackson Southside is supposed to be really good too. Some of our West Tennessee fans can tell us more.

I saw Bolivar play Dyer County who is supposed to be one of the top 2A teams in West Tennessee this year and it was back and forth. Bolivar's got a bunch of athletes from what I could see and they played an up tempo game. I didn't see any of the Jackson teams there, but out of Bolivar, McNairy Central and Lexington, Bolivar was the most impressive. Our district is not going to out athlete too many teams from 12AA.

Harpeth played Dickson tonight, and won in overtime by 4. The final was a low scoring game something around 45-41. I am still not seeing any improvement from Harpeth, and i will just say that we are lucky this was not a game against Sycamore, Creek Wood, Fairview or even Waverly. To me harpeth was very lackluster all night. They had no pep in there step and were just going through the motions. At some points in the game there would be 5 Dickson players crashing the boards, and one Harpeth player down there. They also were just going through the motions with there secondary plays. There was only one person that wanted the ball all night, but he had trouble finishing his shots. That one player was Tyler Caruthers, and he happened to be the one to tie the game up and go into overtime. He hit a three with about 10 seconds or so, and that got Harpeth fired up. It is just sad to me that it took 4 quarters of a game to get them to that point.

Dickson plays a very very slow paced game, and at some points will take up a minute or so just for one shot. I never understood why they did this seeing how they are a team full of fast athletic players. It didnt really matter though tonight, because I believe that we would have played into anybodys game tonight whether it be a run n' gun, or a half court type game. If they could have hit there free throws we would not have been able to come back from a 6 point deficit in the last minute of the game.

Good Luck to Harpeth the rest of the week, as they play goodasture and CPA.

Harpeth played Dickson tonight, and won in overtime by 4. The final was a low scoring game something around 45-41. I am still not seeing any improvement from Harpeth, and i will just say that we are lucky this was not a game against Sycamore, Creek Wood, Fairview or even Waverly. To me harpeth was very lackluster all night. They had no pep in there step and were just going through the motions. At some points in the game there would be 5 Dickson players crashing the boards, and one Harpeth player down there. They also were just going through the motions with there secondary plays. There was only one person that wanted the ball all night, but he had trouble finishing his shots. That one player was Tyler Caruthers, and he happened to be the one to tie the game up and go into overtime. He hit a three with about 10 seconds or so, and that got Harpeth fired up. It is just sad to me that it took 4 quarters of a game to get them to that point.

Dickson plays a very very slow paced game, and at some points will take up a minute or so just for one shot. I never understood why they did this seeing how they are a team full of fast athletic players. It didnt really matter though tonight, because I believe that we would have played into anybodys game tonight whether it be a run n' gun, or a half court type game. If they could have hit there free throws we would not have been able to come back from a 6 point deficit in the last minute of the game.

Good Luck to Harpeth the rest of the week, as they play goodasture and CPA.

This is very surprising to me.. last year Harpeth was a very athletic and jumpy basketball team who really got after it.. i also am puzzled by dickson's strategy of slowing the ball down they are very quick and athletic but if it wins ballgames do it.. also don't worry too much harpeth fan a win is a win no matter by how much.. although i do see CPA and Goodpasture winning against Harpeth but good luck anyways..

This is very surprising to me.. last year Harpeth was a very athletic and jumpy basketball team who really got after it.. i also am puzzled by dickson's strategy of slowing the ball down they are very quick and athletic but if it wins ballgames do it.. also don't worry too much harpeth fan a win is a win no matter by how much.. although i do see CPA and Goodpasture winning against Harpeth but good luck anyways..

Well that is how dickson has played the past few years. And Harpeth is still athletic and "jumpy", but they have to work the kinks out and play as a team. If they do that they will be fine, I just dont know if it will happen anytime soon.

They gave Liberty Tech a battle last year and they return everyone. From what I've heard they are every bit as good as the Liberty Tech team from last year. Liberty Tech reloaded and is a powerhouse in AAA this year and they beat Bolivar by 4 I think this year. YEah, they're good, McNairy Central is too, I believe they beat HArpeth already. Jackson Southside is supposed to be really good too. Some of our West Tennessee fans can tell us more.

Teams I have saw

Bolivar- the team to beat in our district. They returned everybody and they are all better. They played alot of freshmen last year and now with one year of experience, they are really good. They are one of the favorites to win the state this year. They are very deep and they are really quick. They are going to try and keep the game at a fast pace and they will press most of the game.

Southside- They are very quick. They don't have much size but they are Fast. In the game I saw them play, a team better play sound defense especially against screens. They run a motion offense with alot of screens. They play a zone defense because of their lack of height and use their quickness to get in the passing lanes.

McNairy- Which team will show up? McNairy started off playing great basketball. With their top player J. Bingham playing half a game since he just got done with football, they led Dyer Co. with 2 min left before losing and beat Harpeth. Or the team that lost to Adamsville and struggled with Tishimingo Co, MS. I heard that the team has been fighting amongst themselves and that's the reason for the bad play as of late. They are pretty quick and play alot of players.

Teams I haven't saw

Chester Co.- I have not seen them play but they have been one of the surprised teams in West TN starting out 8-3. They lost to Southside in OT. The Jackson Sun done an article on them and it said they play 9-10 players and they run their offense through the post. Their two leading players are 6-1 Warren Armstrong and 6-4 Harold Spain.

Lexington- They are very young this year. They are going through a rough rebuilding period. I saw someone say they lost to Scotts Hill for the first time in 19 years and they lost both games to them this year. I believe their top players are Soph.

Camden- I haven't heard much on them. They returned alot of players from last year's team. They have lost to Lexington already this season. I think their top player is Kyle Herdon(I believe that's his name) and he is only a soph.

Well that is how dickson has played the past few years. And Harpeth is still athletic and "jumpy", but they have to work the kinks out and play as a team. If they do that they will be fine, I just dont know if it will happen anytime soon.

I thought Dickson's philosophy was sound. They got into a running game with Harpeth at home and were down 26-5 at the end of the first period and wound up losing by 11. I liked the big kid 52 down low better than the one they go with the most. Dickson keeps him in and he could have scored 30. Harpeth played good defense on Primm and made him work hard which is the only way they stayed in the game. Harpeth played horrible offensively for 29 minutes and were down by 6 with about a minute to play and still won. I guess that says something.

Harpeth is not hitting their shots. The defense was much improved from the Sycamore game but they do not have a defensive stopper like they've had in the past, they have trouble with athletic teams and they score in spurts. I agree with you HHSNumber1Fan. Right now they rely more on points off their defense because they just aren't running their half court sets very well, they aren't boxing out very well and they have scorers that disappear for large chunks of the game. I agree with you on Tyler Carruthers as well. He has hit some big shots when nobody else is stepping up and hitting them.

I think the Indians will play out of their funk. They have some very talented scorers, but nobody's been consistent lately. Probably the most frustrating season since RD's senior year.

I thought Dickson's philosophy was sound. They got into a running game with Harpeth at home and were down 26-5 at the end of the first period and wound up losing by 11. I liked the big kid 52 down low better than the one they go with the most. Dickson keeps him in and he could have scored 30. Harpeth played good defense on Primm and made him work hard which is the only way they stayed in the game. Harpeth played horrible offensively for 29 minutes and were down by 6 with about a minute to play and still won. I guess that says something.

Harpeth is not hitting their shots. The defense was much improved from the Sycamore game but they do not have a defensive stopper like they've had in the past, they have trouble with athletic teams and they score in spurts. I agree with you HHSNumber1Fan. Right now they rely more on points off their defense because they just aren't running their half court sets very well, they aren't boxing out very well and they have scorers that disappear for large chunks of the game. I agree with you on Tyler Carruthers as well. He has hit some big shots when nobody else is stepping up and hitting them.

I think the Indians will play out of their funk. They have some very talented scorers, but nobody's been consistent lately. Probably the most frustrating season since RD's senior year.

Well I didnt see the first game with dickson I was just going by last year and what they did, which was the same thing as last night. This is a talented bunch, and so far has been the most frustrating year since that year, BUT RD's senior year we had juniors step up and become leaders, which is one thing we are lacking this year. I think some guys are playing for thereselves a little too much. It is always good to have someone like Tyler Caruthers, because if nobody wants the ball you can always count on Tyler to want it BAD. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Im ready for friday and saturday to see if we can get out of this "funk" soon. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />