District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

I thought Dickson's philosophy was sound. They got into a running game with Harpeth at home and were down 26-5 at the end of the first period and wound up losing by 11. I liked the big kid 52 down low better than the one they go with the most. Dickson keeps him in and he could have scored 30. Harpeth played good defense on Primm and made him work hard which is the only way they stayed in the game. Harpeth played horrible offensively for 29 minutes and were down by 6 with about a minute to play and still won. I guess that says something.

Harpeth is not hitting their shots. The defense was much improved from the Sycamore game but they do not have a defensive stopper like they've had in the past, they have trouble with athletic teams and they score in spurts. I agree with you HHSNumber1Fan. Right now they rely more on points off their defense because they just aren't running their half court sets very well, they aren't boxing out very well and they have scorers that disappear for large chunks of the game. I agree with you on Tyler Carruthers as well. He has hit some big shots when nobody else is stepping up and hitting them.

I think the Indians will play out of their funk. They have some very talented scorers, but nobody's been consistent lately. Probably the most frustrating season since RD's senior year.

Well I didnt see the first game with dickson I was just going by last year and what they did, which was the same thing as last night. This is a talented bunch, and so far has been the most frustrating year since that year, BUT RD's senior year we had juniors step up and become leaders, which is one thing we are lacking this year. I think some guys are playing for thereselves a little too much. It is always good to have someone like Tyler Caruthers, because if nobody wants the ball you can always count on Tyler to want it BAD. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Im ready for friday and saturday to see if we can get out of this "funk" soon. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what is being said about Harpeth for the most part. 1st of all ksvols is right about the DCHS big man. they leave him in and they win the game. However, I believe Harpeth played the best team ball they have played this year. Granted they only scored 47 which is 20 or so off the norm but I believe they made smarter decisions with the ball. Hapreth does need to get the ball in the hands of Kevin and Tyler more (Wilson said this on the bench during the game.). Tyler is a GREAT 3-point shooter and has also improved his post moves greatly. Kevin has great overall skill and GREAT basketball knowledge. Harpeth also needs to improve on boxing-out!! We are letting teams get too many second chances. Overall I don't think it was a bad effort at all. This team isn't far away from putting a great run together. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I think the Indians will play out of their funk. They have some very talented scorers, but nobody's been consistent lately. Probably the most frustrating season since RD's senior year.

Im ready for friday and saturday to see if we can get out of this "funk" soon. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How long does a team have to play poorly before they start being seen as an average team instead of a good team in a "funk?"

Hapreth does need to get the ball in the hands of Kevin and Tyler more (Wilson said this on the bench during the game.).

When did he say that??? The whole game I was sitting a few rows in front of you and never heard that, nor do I think he would say that. He has total confidence in his squad as you know, and I jut can't see him saying that. Maybe he would say that because those two were "on" a little bit, but that is the only way I can see that being possible.

When did he say that??? The whole game I was sitting a few rows in front of you and never heard that, nor do I think he would say that. He has total confidence in his squad as you know, and I jut can't see him saying that. Maybe he would say that because those two were "on" a little bit, but that is the only way I can see that being possible.

He should be saying that Kevin should have the ball in his hands on every play.

it was after a Harpeth turnover. He was speaking to his bench players. I would agree that he threw Tyler's name in their simply because he was hitting that night. However, Kevin should get at least a touch 9 out of 10 possession Harpeth has, especially in half court situations. He is by far that smartest player on the team. He'll make a good decision with the ball almost all the time. (Notice I didn't say he will make every shot.)

Waverly won 78-58. Vogel had 19, Leonard 18, Jeff Jackson 16. this is a vastly improved team, they are really gaining experience and the thing about it, no seniors.

Very good point papaT, no seniors.. maybe this team can play smart enough to play for the district.. that's optimistic but why not be.. anyways the big thing will be how they will play when the good shooting goes out for a game or two(let's hope not). i look for them to be competitive against Dickson Co. we will see if they can overcome the size advantage