South Doyle over Central 29-28 in 2OT

Rebelsports

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels so good to be a SDHS student right now.

But our self-esteem will surely be crushed when we play Maryville next week. Ranked as one of the 20 best teams in the COUNTRY, they should take us easy, but if we can win the next 2, I think we can get in the state playoffs.

But wouldn't a victory be really sweet. I am really proud of the Cherokees tonight. Score could have been much worse considering the fumble and the touchdown that was called back. Congratulations to players and coaches.

But our self-esteem will surely be crushed when we play Maryville next week. Ranked as one of the 20 best teams in the COUNTRY, they should take us easy, but if we can win the next 2, I think we can get in the state playoffs.

Congrats on your win tonight but don't get down on your team just yet. Anything is possible. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

This is for the ever-so-classy people who have been on here saying things about the South Doyle Coaches. First of all I would like to say that it must be nice to have a place to hind behind a screen name and talk about one of the most dedicated staff of youg men you would ever know. Obviously you don't know them, because if you did, you would not be speaking of them the way you have been.

You want to talk about what terrible coaches they are. You want to talk about thier families. You want to talk about how they don't know how to coach.

Well, these ever so bad coaches are the ones who mentored two high school athletes through the loss of a MOTHER this summer. These are the same coaches who would not have missed their athletes mother's funeral for the world. These are the same coaches who for four years know have picked your child up EVERY morning in the summer for 7am work-outs. These are the same coached who ran your kid home after an 7 hour school day and four more hours of football practice. These are the same coaches who bought your child a hamburger after a football game because your child didn't have $2. These are the same coaches who meet EVERY Sunday afternoon during the season for three hours to plan for the next game. These are the same coaches who have children at home who don't get to see thier daddy because daddy doesn't get home before their 8pm bedtime. These are the same coached who get paid pennies to pour thier hearts into their jobs. These are the same coaches who were, ALL ,exceptional Collegant athletes. So how can anyone come on here and talk about these men who day after day give up so much time and energy to this program? You always want to compare SD football for SD baseball. Well, give coach Hutchins 26 years and he could probably win a district championship too. In case you don't know, SD made history tonight. This is the first time they have ever beaten Central. And they were coached tonight by the same men as the last 6 games.

I hope that you find satisfaction getting on here and being so negative about a program that involves High School KIDS.

This is for the ever-so-classy people who have been on here saying things about the South Doyle Coaches. First of all I would like to say that it must be nice to have a place to hind behind a screen name and talk about one of the most dedicated staff of youg men you would ever know. Obviously you don't know them, because if you did, you would not be speaking of them the way you have been.

You want to talk about what terrible coaches they are. You want to talk about thier families. You want to talk about how they don't know how to coach.

Well, these ever so bad coaches are the ones who mentored two high school athletes through the loss of a MOTHER this summer. These are the same coaches who would not have missed their athletes mother's funeral for the world. These are the same coaches who for four years know have picked your child up EVERY morning in the summer for 7am work-outs. These are the same coached who ran your kid home after an 7 hour school day and four more hours of football practice. These are the same coaches who bought your child a hamburger after a football game because your child didn't have $2. These are the same coaches who meet EVERY Sunday afternoon during the season for three hours to plan for the next game. These are the same coaches who have children at home who don't get to see thier daddy because daddy doesn't get home before their 8pm bedtime. These are the same coached who get paid pennies to pour thier hearts into their jobs. These are the same coaches who were, ALL ,exceptional Collegant athletes. So how can anyone come on here and talk about these men who day after day give up so much time and energy to this program? You always want to compare SD football for SD baseball. Well, give coach Hutchins 26 years and he could probably win a district championship too. In case you don't know, SD made history tonight. This is the first time they have ever beaten Central. And they were coached tonight by the same men as the last 6 games.

I hope that you find satisfaction getting on here and being so negative about a program that involves High School KIDS.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel!

Congratulations Cherokees!

I had to kick myself, because when I saw the final score come up on the scoreboard on coacht, I was in shock and didn't think that was the actual final score. Thought someone had sent it in as a joke, but congrats to da Kees for pulling off the App State-like upset

How can you be talkin about a " App- State" llike upset if you were at home and not at the game. Sure we didn't capitalize one all the oppertunities, but it was nothing like App-State and Michigan. How can you say "it feels good to be an SDHS student" then in the next say "our self-esteem will surely be crushed when we play Maryville next week" that is just the kind of attitude that i expect from someone who doesn't know the dedication it takes to play football. Shame on you