7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic? LOL.... Not even close .. Thats a smart move. A team knows when they are in trouble and they lean on their coach to change things up so Im sure the girls had no problem doing what they did.Flyinghigh50, Your just mad because you didn't beat them by 50 , now thats pathetic... Ive seen alot of great coaches do that and honestly if I felt we couldn't beat you up and down I would do the same If i was a coach. But a team can't make turnovers and they have to make a few baskets to be able to win. but they would be no way I would let my team lose by 50 and thats why I think the coach pulled a good move.

Were you at the game? Probably NOT!! Considering there were only 3 people in the stands from Oakland. Cookeville didn't want to beat them by 50....................22 was just fine. It was the way the Oakland players looked on the court....LOST and didn't know what to do next. The only thing Cookeville had to do after half was to make a slight defensive change, which allowed them to still play their game and Oakland was not able to play without being totally unsure of what they were doing. Patience had nothing to do with Oakland being able to carry out her game plan. So for your information, wanting to beat them by 50 wasn't erven a concern. While they were stalling the ball, Cookeville had the lead. Either way it went, Cookeville was going to beat them. It was not allowing your players to go out with dignity and knowing they played their game. I understand coaching strategy.................you still have to have the team to pull off that kind of strategy!!!

Were you at the game? Probably NOT!! Considering there were only 3 people in the stands from Oakland. Cookeville didn't want to beat them by 50....................22 was just fine. It was the way the Oakland players looked on the court....LOST and didn't know what to do next. The only thing Cookeville had to do after half was to make a slight defensive change, which allowed them to still play their game and Oakland was not able to play without being totally unsure of what they were doing. Patience had nothing to do with Oakland being able to carry out her game plan. So for your information, wanting to beat them by 50 wasn't erven a concern. While they were stalling the ball, Cookeville had the lead. Either way it went, Cookeville was going to beat them. It was not allowing your players to go out with dignity and knowing they played their game. I understand coaching strategy.................you still have to have the team to pull off that kind of strategy!!!

Im not from the boro, And I said it was a good move by the coach,but the team has to stay in scoring reach... Lets say if it was 18- 11 in the 2nd or 3rd period then I have no problem stalling the ball. But I guess Oakland just didn't have enough fire power to hang with Cookeville. You have to have a good defense to pull off that strategy so it will be close. Tonight may be a little closer, Don't you think? Its at Lebanon..

RD, a lot is involved in the RD/Siegel rematch and the most is a home match for winner in the first game of the Regional. Both teams seem to be reaching their peak. Siegel needs to get over the flu to compete. This should be a good one.

Siegel has rid itself of the flu. some players have gotten the flu shot and others have takin their chances but the starters are in good health and should be performing at the optimal level tonight. I can't wait it'll be a good good match.

RD, a lot is involved in the RD/Siegel rematch and the most is a home match for winner in the first game of the Regional. Both teams seem to be reaching their peak. Siegel needs to get over the flu to compete. This should be a good one.

Siegel has enough fire power to compete with or without the flu.

For Example, In the last Riverdale/Siegel game (when Siegel won by 17) they had a player sick.

Congrats to Lebanon on a great win. The coaching change has obviously made a significant improvement in the girls play. Everyone in this district knew that Lebanon still had plenty of talent, even after the transfers to Wilson Central.

If their last three home games are any indication, Lebanon will win the district tournament and their first game in the region.