Bledsoe and Cannon

warrior4ever

Wardawg you asked if you coached me in middle school and the answer is yes. I was the left guard and noseguard on that championship team in 94.Best middle school team Bledsoe has ever had that I know of including this year. Man that was a long time ago.Well back to this week, how many times has Cannon Co. ever beat Bledsoe? Cannon will keep this game close just because of their coach but they won't win Bledsoe by a touchdown this week.

I know this is way off subject, but check the record books for Pikeville Elem. School back in the late 70's. There are a couple of interesting records that were set. Does anyone know what they were and who set them? I know that goes back before your time bchsguard98, but I bet Wardawg knows what I am talking about. I know that takes in a little history, but there were enough newspaper articles written back then that I am sure someone on here knows what I am talking about. Too much fun to reveal anymore at this time, just real interesting team and records set, so I would not say the '94 was the best ever although they were right up there. Oh well back to this week, has anyone heard if Thurman is OK to play or if he is hurt. I heard he was, but I am way out of the loop so that might not be true. Regardless, Bledsoe rolls in this one BIG. It was mentioned that the last time Bledsoe was at Cannon we lost, isn't that the only time we have EVER lost to Cannon. I could be wrong, but that is the only time I remember but we really haven't played them that many times.

Go Warriors!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is way off subject, but check the record books for Pikeville Elem. School back in the late 70's. There are a couple of interesting records that were set. Does anyone know what they were and who set them? I know that goes back before your time bchsguard98, but I bet Wardawg knows what I am talking about. I know that takes in a little history, but there were enough newspaper articles written back then that I am sure someone on here knows what I am talking about. Too much fun to reveal anymore at this time, just real interesting team and records set, so I would not say the '94 was the best ever although they were right up there. Oh well back to this week, has anyone heard if Thurman is OK to play or if he is hurt. I heard he was, but I am way out of the loop so that might not be true. Regardless, Bledsoe rolls in this one BIG. It was mentioned that the last time Bledsoe was at Cannon we lost, isn't that the only time we have EVER lost to Cannon. I could be wrong, but that is the only time I remember but we really haven't played them that many times.

Go Warriors!

Are you kidding? Check the record books for pikeville elem back in the late 70's? Sounds like someone has too much time on their hands to me. Back then, and i could be wrong, but didnt every elementary school have a team? If so, these so called records were probably put up against Rigsby and Wheeler and such. i wouldn't give any of those much thought. But as i said, i could be wrong, so if you have any insight please let me know, i just missed playing in the time frame yoiu mentioned, so i may know some of the guys you are talking about

Go Warriors!

Joe has been playing hurt for the last 3 or 4 weeks... Cracked bone in the top of his foot..... Chase Brown will most likely not play this week due to a concussion suffered during the game at Marion.....

You may be right BCHSGUARD98 asout that middle school team you played on being better and the reason why was a good coach! The coach at the middle school that we have cares nothing about the kids just himself and making a chosen few parents happy! Yes he plays the last name game but what does he care! he has said to many people there is not enough tallent here and says he is through with this every year or at least he has said that for the last 5-6 years! I think hubert needs to step up and get the right person to fill that job!(since the current coach in place hates it so much) and i think it should be up to hubert to see who coaches that team since that coach is the one getting those boys ready for high school ball i know my youngest son will never play for the current coach AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL!

Hey Warrior4ever, I will be the spoiler of your trivia of elementary ball. The record he is talking about was the Charger's best record and a bowl win in 1979 (I think they called it The Harvest Bowl, I will ask my folks to make sure of the name). The other record was that team was coached by a woman. My mother was the head coach that year because my brother John was in 8th grade and no one would coach them. She was the head coach and my dad and a few others helped her coach the team. I was obviously pretty young then and can't remember who all helped but I think Alfred Terry, Poss, and Jr. Wheeler helped as well. That could be wrong I would have to ask to be sure and could have left someone out, if so, sorry. I can't remember much about that season except my Grandfather passed away during the season and the whole team showed up in Crossville for the funeral which was the day they won the bowl game. So that group of boys will always be special to our family...that is the same bunch that went to the quarterfinals of the playoffs in '83. Anyway back to the subject of the thread, I think this will be a good game, but my heart bleeds blue and I believe we pull this one out by 7.

I have had a child in the Cannon County football program in some way, shape or form for the past 7 years and have attended EVERY game. The point is - Cannon has won more football games since Chad Barger has come into our system than we had won in the previous 4+ seasons COMBINED! It is time Cannon County got behind this coach and these boys. Coach Barger has made some coaching decisions that, in part, have determined the outcome of some games...but that's football. These plays work....and he is the greatest coach EVER!! The fact is - there were other reasons these games were lost. Everyone seemed less critical when we were losing 40+ to ZERO! As a parent of a child who goes out there and plays his heart out every snap of the game, I am proud of all of these boys and Coach Barger for their heart, determination and dedication to bringing the winning mentality back to Cannon County. Win or lose, these kids and Coach Barger give it their all - that has never been the case in the past. Thank you Coach Barger for all you do for Cannon County Football!!!!! GO LIONS......BEAT BLEDSOE!!!!!

You may be right BCHSGUARD98 asout that middle school team you played on being better and the reason why was a good coach! The coach at the middle school that we have cares nothing about the kids just himself and making a chosen few parents happy! Yes he plays the last name game but what does he care! he has said to many people there is not enough tallent here and says he is through with this every year or at least he has said that for the last 5-6 years! I think hubert needs to step up and get the right person to fill that job!(since the current coach in place hates it so much) and i think it should be up to hubert to see who coaches that team since that coach is the one getting those boys ready for high school ball i know my youngest son will never play for the current coach AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL!

YOU are so wrong the coach at the middle school cares more about the kids then you think.The problem is the so called coaches from little blue think he sould listen to them on where their kids should play. And if he does not play them there then he is a terribble coach. I DON'T THINK SO. He prepares the kids alot more for the high football then you think. If the High School coaches would be willing to work with him it would probably help.

I have had a child in the Cannon County football program in some way, shape or form for the past 7 years and have attended EVERY game. The point is - Cannon has won more football games since Chad Barger has come into our system than we had won in the previous 4+ seasons COMBINED! It is time Cannon County got behind this coach and these boys. Coach Barger has made some coaching decisions that, in part, have determined the outcome of some games...but that's football. These plays work....and he is the greatest coach EVER!! The fact is - there were other reasons these games were lost. Everyone seemed less critical when we were losing 40+ to ZERO! As a parent of a child who goes out there and plays his heart out every snap of the game, I am proud of all of these boys and Coach Barger for their heart, determination and dedication to bringing the winning mentality back to Cannon County. Win or lose, these kids and Coach Barger give it their all - that has never been the case in the past. Thank you Coach Barger for all you do for Cannon County Football!!!!! GO LIONS......BEAT BLEDSOE!!!!!

That sounds like a great pep talk for the coach. It is good to have people behind you especially when you are losing and trying to build a program. Unfortunately, it will not matter how much fan support there is for Cannon this week. Cannon will do what Cannon does. They will lose, and this one will be ugly. Bledsoebtheboys thank you for the info about Thurman and Brown I hope they are both at 100% by playoff time.

As far as my "trivia" as it was called, it sure is easy to get some people to post on here. No offense about that in any way, many of us would just like to see some people get more involved at the local level and use their influence to help push things along a little more. Again, no offense as I think the person I am referring to does a great job, just would like to see him get more involved here at home. And that particular individual is WAY WRONG on the score or is just trying to be nice, again this one should get ugly...Bledsoe ROLLS over Cannon!

Go Warriors!