11/9 Polk Co at White House

timbdp

any more predictions?

Hard to make a prediction when you know nothing about the opponet , but with White House at home you would think they would be favored by about 5-10 at home. Especially with our region sweeping theirs last year. I'll go with WH 30 Polk Co. 10. I expect Payne and Dixon to have big games , and I think Trox will continue his 2nd half success he had against Greenbrier to continue against Polk Co. And if all that fails we can call on Bironas. I mean Trobaugh.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polk, be prepared to get burned. This is their first home playoff since 2004 so the town of about 10,000 will be there. Can you handle noise? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

This will be a very physical game between two hard nosed football teams. Polk is the team that nearly beat Pearl Cohn last year in the #1 vs #4 game at Pearl. That was a 6-0 defensive struggle. In 2005 I believe Polk lost a home playoff game in the opening round against a then #3 seed White House football team & Ricky Ladd.

This one will be very similar to Friday night's White House-Greenbrier battle and I like the Blue Devils to win at home /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

White House: 21

Polk Co.: 17

Hard to make a prediction when you know nothing about the opponet , but with White House at home you would think they would be favored by about 5-10 at home. Especially with our region sweeping theirs last year. I'll go with WH 30 Polk Co. 10. I expect Payne and Dixon to have big games , and I think Trox will continue his 2nd half success he had against Greenbrier to continue against Polk Co. And if all that fails we can call on Bironas. I mean Trobaugh.

Tell me more about the kicker. Does he punt also? Polk has a pretty good kicker also.

White Hous's kicker, Trobaugh was the star of the game for White House Friday night with something like a 44 yard FG at the buzzer to break the tie. Thier punter, Matthew Gossett is a good punter. From what I gather WH has depth in their lineup and don't have many players that play both sides of the ball.

The Payne twins (#1 & 2), Bryan Dixon and Matt Parker are big playmakers for White House. Their line has guys that are HUGE. Picturing them in your head is different than seeing them. They play with confidence and let you know it.

I think that Polk Co. and WH are pretty evenly matched. The difference may just be the long bus ride and the home field advantage. Polk can beat WH though. All we've been hearing is how tough that region is, and after watching a couple of game, I'm not overly impressed. They're good, but no better then our region. Go get em Polk, and come to our house (McMinn Central) next week.

White Hous's kicker, Trobaugh was the star of the game for White House Friday night with something like a 44 yard FG at the buzzer to break the tie. Thier punter, Matthew Gossett is a good punter. From what I gather WH has depth in their lineup and don't have many players that play both sides of the ball.

The Payne twins (#1 & 2), Bryan Dixon and Matt Parker are big playmakers for White House. Their line has guys that are HUGE. Picturing them in your head is different than seeing them. They lay with confidence and let you know it.

Well the Wildcats kicker Mike Hammons is probley the best kicker in the Region friday night he kicked a 30 yarder and had a ton of room to spare, and as far as punting goes he dose that to. he punted one friday night that pinned Notre Dame inside there own 15 yard line, that led to a big stop for the Wildcat D. Mike Hammons has several schools looking at him including UT. If this game comes down to the kickers the Wildcats WILL win.

I really hope these lineman are hugh if so the Wildcats are FAST up front, and if these guys are really big they will more than likely be SLOW. This means a lot of big plays for the Wildcats D

POLK 21

WHITEHOUSE 14

it was 10-3 last time they played in 05 and if this game comes down to the kickers white house will win

white house punter is leading sumner co in yards per punt

wh has big linemen but they are not slow

depth is a big key for white house only 2 players play on both sides of the ball

white house kicker will play soccer in college thats where he is getting schools looking at him but he could play kicker in college to he is that good in both sports and even plays basketball he is good at to