Gallatin @ Independence

wave13

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Independence. That was a heck of a butt whipping. Gallatin was definitely overmatched tonight. Gallatin reverted back to the way they played for most of the season. Costly turnovers and not too good on defense. Take nothing away from Indy however. Our line on both sides got manhandled which I thought was the key to the game. I knew it was going to be a long night after that first series. Eubanks did a good job on the short screens which killed us all night. That was good coaching. Pettigrew while not really that fast followed his blocks and picked up good yardage. Heckman is going to be a really good Qb. He looked very poised for a sophmore. Baughn ate up our secondary. And Consigilio reminded me of Daniel Becker from Ravenwood. He was everywhere. Gallatin had little time to pass and never could get the running game on track. Thus we were soundly defeated.

Thanks for a fun week talking on here. I was kindly treated at Indy and ya'll have a very nice stadium. Maybe next time we can actually give ya'll a game. Good luck the rest of the way.

Congratulations Indy, you have a heck of a team. It was nice to see so much excitement form your students and fans. You guys took it to us and never let up.. your lines dominated all night! Stay focused and who knows how far you can go.. keep playing like you did tonight and you have as good a chance as anyone to make the big game..

Again, congrats and you definately have earned my respect..

I was able to make it out to the game tonight. There was definatly a playoff feel going around the stadium. I would like to compliment on how nice the Gallatin fans were young and old whoever posted on here stating they were rude must have been playing a different team, these people were very respectfull. I thought Indy played a great game i knew Gallatin would have a hard time stopping the run and i also knew Eubanks would keep them honest with the pass. I think Gallatin has a year or so before they have an excellent team due to the young players. Congrats to Indy on the win and congrats to gallatin on a very respectfull season.

Alex Heckman's first career playoff start: 13-14, 266 yards, 4 TD

Impressive to say the least.

Indy really was on their game tonight...they made Gallatin look like a JV team...and I'm not attempting to insult the GHS team whatsoever, but Indy absolutely dominated in every facet of the game. Extremely impressive win for the Eagles, who appear to be clicking on all cylinders offensively. The play calling has been very balanced and has definitely kept the opponents on their heels. Baugh really showed his athleticism on that screen pass just before half.

Very interesting matchup looming this Friday vs. Antioch, who apparently cannot stop the run at all. I expect a high-scoring affair.

Congragulations to Indy. Congragulations to the Indy faithfull. Very classy program. As for the Green Wave, keep your heads up, you just happen to come up against a heck of a football team. I am proud of the fact that these kids could have thrown in the towel after week 7. You had your back against the wall and you chose to exhibt Green Wave Pride by not giving up. Very proud of the effort that you gave the last couple of weeks. Good Luck to Indy the rest of the way.

I left Thompsons Station very impressed last night... congratulations young men. The atmosphere was electric down there. Nice stadium and school. Your QB is good but will be very good by the time he leaves there. Gallatin was over matched and out played last night. I agree with rollwave, you guys that play for the Wave, could have easily packed it in during the season but didn't. I have to commend you for that because it's easy to quit and hard to keep fighting when things are bleak.

Indy, I'm going to keep up with you guys the rest of the way and much luck on your run to the championship game.