REBELS vs REBELS ROUND 2

cobrajet

Here's some other stuff for us to think about:

Maryville and West share 6 common opponents this season. Maryville's record against them is (6-0) while West's is (5-1). In those 6 games Maryville scored 34 points per contest and West scored 37 points per contest. However, while West gave up 21 points per game to the opponents, Maryville surrendered only 10. The average margin of victory is in favor of the Red Rebels to the tune of 24-16.

In the games that were played against uncommon opponents, West had the tougher task. The combined record of those opponents for West was 30-13 as compared to the combined record of Maryville's other opponents which was 27-16. West played two really tough teams in Bearden and Farragut (losing both) while Maryville only played one worthy competitor in William Blount. We'll see how the Govs stack up against the Dawgs Friday night, but we saw that Farragut beat them about the same way Maryville did.

All of that would be more valuable if we hadn't already seen West and Maryville once this year. Looking at common opponents, extemporaneous results and past performance is fun though.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some other stuff for us to think about:

Maryville and West share 6 common opponents this season. Maryville's record against them is (6-0) while West's is (5-1). In those 6 games Maryville scored 34 points per contest and West scored 37 points per contest. However, while West gave up 21 points per game to the opponents, Maryville surrendered only 10. The average margin of victory is in favor of the Red Rebels to the tune of 24-16.

In the games that were played against uncommon opponents, West had the tougher task. The combined record of those opponents for West was 30-13 as compared to the combined record of Maryville's other opponents which was 27-16. West played two really tough teams in Bearden and Farragut (losing both) while Maryville only played one worthy competitor in William Blount. We'll see how the Govs stack up against the Dawgs Friday night, but we saw that Farragut beat them about the same way Maryville did.

All of that would be more valuable if we hadn't already seen West and Maryville once this year. Looking at common opponents, extemporaneous results and past performance is fun though.

Papa, you've been x'd.

Okay ladies and gents....the DL has a message to the posters on this message board....unless you can raise your comments to the DL's level, please do not post. It's tough being very successful and knowledgable sometimes, but the DL gets labeled as 'that smart kid, teacher's pet' from class. Yes, the DL is an over-achiever, no doubt about it. Do many people have the DL's knowledge? No. Please use me as a resource rather than hate the top dog so to speak. I hate to be so blunt, but that's the DL my friends.

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> The DL has the DL (and that's Down Low my friends)!!!!!!! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

well DL i'm sure you are "the smart kid in your special class" and i'd be willing to bet that all the kids in your class are told that they are the teachers pet, and i'm sure that everyday when you step off the short bus the driver is required by law to tell you what and over-achiever you are. so that being said "the Matback will try to refrain from posting things so far above your level that they are hard for you to understand". /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

well DL i'm sure you are "the smart kid in your special class" and i'd be willing to bet that all the kids in your class are told that they are the teachers pet, and i'm sure that everyday when you step off the short bus the driver is required by law to tell you what and over-achiever you are. so that being said "the Matback will try to refrain from posting things so far above your level that they are hard for you to understand". /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thank you Matback, it's good when someone finally understands.

DL

Maryville players predicting a win - 0

West players predicting a win - 1

Who is the cocky one ??

Hey Matback , don't be confusing " The DL " with facts ..... maybe Papa Chaos failed the 4th grade about 15 times like ol Jethro , and that's how he's a 55 yr old WB graduate !! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> and that's the real " DOWN LOW " !!

I'm not a player

Back on topic: Red Rebels by 17

It is also good to see a rare appearance by TNNITEHAWK.

Thanks for the kind word RED REBELS, I usually just like to sit back and read these posts. I enjoy the comments, predictions, and the ocassional ribbing that goes on, (even if most of that is targeted toward Maryville). The last part is especially enjoyable around 10:00pm on Fridays (and for several first Saturdays in December) when the final seconds tick off the clock. Agree with your prediction, look foward to a good game. As to the "Black-Out" this Friday, I have got every one beat on that one. I been wearing my MPD Black Uniform and hat every Friday night at home games for the last 25 years, LOL

Thanks for the kind word RED REBELS, I usually just like to sit back and read these posts. I enjoy the comments, predictions, and the ocassional ribbing that goes on, (even if most of that is targeted toward Maryville). The last part is especially enjoyable around 10:00pm on Fridays (and for several first Saturdays in December) when the final seconds tick off the clock. Agree with your prediction, look foward to a good game. As to the "Black-Out" this Friday, I have got every one beat on that one. I been wearing my MPD Black Uniform and hat every Friday night at home games for the last 25 years, LOL

So there is going to be a blackout?