REBELS vs REBELS ROUND 2

cobrajet

Once again papa well said besides the final score the most important stat is " I think the final score will look closer than the game actually is". with few execeptions it has been that way all year. GQ likes to get the youngsters quality playing time, sometimes it skews the scoreboard into not being a true reflection of what happened on the field the first 3qtrs.

Precisely. It just fuels the machine.

I look for the Red Rebels to jump out early and to take their foot off the gas in the 2nd half. That's going to get some rest (if possible) for next week and allow the underclassmen to get a taste of the 2nd round that will only better prepare them for next year's run.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've thrown out some numbers, but here's what I really think:

One other historical note is that Maryville seems to have one "down" game in the playoffs every year. A couple of times that has cost them, but most often they are good enough to win even when not clicking on all cylinders. If they are going to have a down game in this year's quest...I hope it's tonight. But of course, I hope there is no down game.

So, all in all, I think that the final score will look closer than the game actually is. Maryville will roll.

Papa:

I've been enjoying your statistical analysis over the past few days. Just wanted to throw out another set of numbers for you to decipher.

Brainerd is a 25 point better team than Rhea Co.

K-West is 13 points better than Brainerd

Thus, K-West is 38 points better than Rhea Co.

M-Rebels are 24 points better than Rhea Co.

-------------K-West is 14 points better than M-Rebels--------------------

Obviously the above does not take into consideration when K-West or M-Rebels kicked into coast mode last week but interesting that 14 points is exactly the difference of your game score prediction. You just got the numbers beside the wrong team?

I think if the red rebels have a "down night" tonight it could well be their last game of the season.

5 hours till kick-off and i think west's chances are getting better by the minute. In the first meeting of the season west and maryville were trading scores up until west started making mistakes.......limit mistakes wins ball games!.......the kids have worked extremely hard all week and are ready to go win in "the black hole" (lets see how many fans really wear black also).

GO WEST!!!!

Papa: I've been enjoying your statistical analysis over the past few days. Just wanted to throw out another set of numbers for you to decipher.Brainerd is a 25 point better team than Rhea Co. K-West is 13 points better than Brainerd Thus, K-West is 38 points better than Rhea Co.M-Rebels are 24 points better than Rhea Co.-------------K-West is 14 points better than M-Rebels--------------------Obviously the above does not take into consideration when K-West or M-Rebels kicked into coast mode last week but interesting that 14 points is exactly the difference of your game score prediction. You just got the numbers beside the wrong team?I think if the red rebels have a "down night" tonight it could well be their last game of the season.

FNFan - I'm glad that I've been able to provide you some enjoyment over the past few days. I've been a little bored in the office this week...I've got a Master's Degree in marketing and have been working in sales for most of my life...so I can spin numbers with the very best of them. However, I have a hard time following your logic on this one. I'd have to say that comparing results of matchups from the same teams or analyzing the previous head to head matchup would be considerably more fruitful in building a model to predict this game than talking about results from common opponents once removed. Then again, I threw out numbers all week long and then predicted something totally different...While I do appreciate your contribution to this discussion, I just can't get on board with the flawed logic of your model. Come see me at the game tonight and we'll discuss further. I'll be the guy wearing pink and standing on the fence in the Rebels end zone. I should stick out like a sore thumb in the black hole tonight.

In the first meeting of the season west and maryville were trading scores up until west started making mistakes.......

I'm not sure that I recall it that way. I think it went something like:Maryville scored a TDWest scored a TDThen Maryville scored 3 more TDs before halftime...I'm not sure that 4-1 is considered trading scores.

Come see me at the game tonight and we'll discuss further. I'll be the guy wearing pink and standing on the fence in the Rebels end zone. I should stick out like a sore thumb in the black hole tonight.

Pappy K Hoss (w/ apologies to StarsNBars), I'll be wearing a black hat w/ my coacht T screename on it. I'll look for you.

Good info and facts there Papa!

I like numbers too and even though they are from previous games and sometime previous years they still mean something. Maryville should take care of business Friday night and if MHS controls the clock, keeps decent field position and does not turn the ball over; all hallmarks of the GQ era during the play-offs I'm looking for a 10 to 13 point win. Go Maryville Red Rebels!

Well I was 2 points off! What a game. I'm to tired to comment at this point. Red Bank next after turkey!

Does anybody know where the referee crew was from ? Without a doubt , the worst referees I've ever seen in a high school game . Both sides Booed the refs as they came back on the field in the second half .

Another complaint ... Come on Maryville fans , this is the playoffs and the stadium was no where close to being full . My brother got a dirty look from someone in front of us for yelling too loud . The blackout was pretty neat , but let's try something different next week Maryville fans , lets give this Maryville team the support they truly deserve . I don't know if we've become complacent , or we're just getting spoiled , but this team is going to need all the help and energy possible from the fans next Friday . These kids are playing their hearts out , I can't remember the last time Maryville has had to deal with so many injuries to so many key players , yet they just keep on winning . This team has the heart of a champion , now it's time for the fans to match this team's heart , and let them know just how much we do appreciate them . I may get thrown out of the game next week , because I'm going to holler and scream for my team until I'm hoarse , It sure would be nice to have a bunch of wild and crazy fans hollering with me .

Does anybody know where the referee crew was from ? Without a doubt , the worst referees I've ever seen in a high school game . Both sides Booed the refs as they came back on the field in the second half .

I agree with you 100% I'm sorry but what the heck was with letting them kick a field goal and putting .2 seconds on the clock? I've never boo'd so much in my life and when the refs came back in one of them tipped his cap and bowed to us when we were heckling him. Normally I would semi-joke about them favoring Maryville, but they made stupid calls on both sides. Probably one of the hardest fought/best games I've seen in my life, and extremely depressing seeing the team(West) afterwards. West that was amazing, nobody gave you a chance and yall almost pulled it out. Great season! GO WEST REBELS!!

I agree with you 100% I'm sorry but what the heck was with letting them kick a field goal and putting .2 seconds on the clock? I've never boo'd so much in my life and when the refs came back in one of them tipped his cap and bowed to us when we were heckling him. Normally I would semi-joke about them favoring Maryville, but they made stupid calls on both sides. Probably one of the hardest fought/best games I've seen in my life, and extremely depressing seeing the team(West) afterwards. West that was amazing, nobody gave you a chance and yall almost pulled it out. Great season! GO WEST REBELS!!

you guys are spot on they were the absolute worst i've ever seen but they were bad both ways. the crap before the half then the illeagal block in the back on Maryville's defence. BTW they were from johnson city i feel sorry for the teams up there if this is the best they have to officiate a ball game. to the west rebels gutsy ball game you guys have some great athletes and you have some that just gut it out and thats a good combonation. anyway i'll take the win but it was ugly and not because of the way the kids played just because the way the refs made them selves the focul point of the game