Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornado89

Well, excuse us for being proud of our boys. Excuse us for seeing the team being down after the 1st time we won state 3 in a row in A only to come back strong in AA after a few years. Excuse us for watching the boys grow up playing football, wanting to wear the high school uniform, wanting to play on Goddard Field on Friday night, wanting to do "too hype" to get themselves up for the game, waiting their turn to play after the seniors graduate. I understand CAK hasn't had a football team as long as we have, and doesn't have the system in place we do (starting with grasshoppers wearing maroon and white).

"You all are the U of Miami of TN 2A High School football," That was a really, really low blow. What you're seeing is pride. You may take it as cockiness, but it's really just pride. We grew up looking up to the high school team and how hard they work to make the team what it is today. As children we idolized those high school kids, who took the time to get to know us as kids. As we grew up, we have a sense of pride that we want to be as good as those who went before us, not wanting to disappoint them as we stepped into their shoes.

We're having a good time in the here and now. We know we can be beat; every high school team is beatable. The difference in this team is, that while we have very good athletes, they work as a team, much like last year's team after 1, 2, & 3 graduated. Could very well be the Rankin factor. We have an extremely classy coach who won't allow his team to put up 50 points on an opponent, who only allowed the defense 1 shut-out this year (so far).

Sorry if you see it as cockiness, it's just PRIDE, pure and simple.

As you can see, I took off my signature as a sign of respect for CAK fans...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I have seen where every CAK fan who has posted has given Alcoa much respect. I have given you respect. And yeah you all may have been the best team in 2A the past three years, but I really look forward to you all playing Maryville every year so that way someone knocks you off your high horse.

I think your to hype cheer is crazy....That is why I respect Maryville, they dont run there mouths, they just button up their chin straps and whip you on the football field.

You all are good, You all are by no means great this year. It may not happen but I really hope that CAK comes out on Friday night and puts the wood to you all.

We dont rebuild we reload, legends never die, tradition never graduates. Yeah Yeah Yeah.....I cant wait for this year to play out all the way, you may not get beat this week, but you wont bring the gold ball back to Alcoa! If I am wrong I will be the first person back on here congratulating you all and eating Crow, but I have seen teams from other parts of the state play, and you all are not that loaded with talent this year like years past.

CAK may not be able to do it, but there are 2 or three teams out there in 2A that can!

You all know you are good, do you have to tell everyone how good you all are? How the state championship runs right through the center of blount county. How about showing a little respect to the young men who have worked there butts off from other schools and not down grading them by saying how bad you are going to beat them!

You all are the U of Miami of TN 2A High School football, good, but you run your mouths so much that most people hate you! I guess you are right love, hated, but you make sure you are never ignored!

You can have your opinions, that's fine. In fact, I for one know that any team can be knocked off at any given time, especially in the playoffs. The part I don't understand or agree with is your statement there are 2 or three teams out there in 2A that can........ I have seen most and I don't know where you are coming up with that? Funny thing is that many were singing this same tune last year, especially leading up to the Goodpasture game, "Alcoa doesn't have it, they don't have the talent they had in the past..................." I think you have a complex honestly. Anyway, you have a good group of kids and we shall see...............

You know I have seen where every CAK fan who has posted has given Alcoa much respect. I have given you respect. And yeah you all may have been the best team in 2A the past three years, but I really look forward to you all playing Maryville every year so that way someone knocks you off your high horse.

I think your to hype cheer is crazy....That is why I respect Maryville, they dont run there mouths, they just button up their chin straps and whip you on the football field.

You all are good, You all are by no means great this year. It may not happen but I really hope that CAK comes out on Friday night and puts the wood to you all.

We dont rebuild we reload, legends never die, tradition never graduates. Yeah Yeah Yeah.....I cant wait for this year to play out all the way, you may not get beat this week, but you wont bring the gold ball back to Alcoa! If I am wrong I will be the first person back on here congratulating you all and eating Crow, but I have seen teams from other parts of the state play, and you all are not that loaded with talent this year like years past.

CAK may not be able to do it, but there are 2 or three teams out there in 2A that can!

You all know you are good, do you have to tell everyone how good you all are? How the state championship runs right through the center of blount county. How about showing a little respect to the young men who have worked there butts off from other schools and not down grading them by saying how bad you are going to beat them!

You all are the U of Miami of TN 2A High School football, good, but you run your mouths so much that most people hate you! I guess you are right love, hated, but you make sure you are never ignored!

What classless post............................are you a CAK fan? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

By the way the "too hype" that Alcoa does is something that has been going on at Alcoa since the 80's. Too Hype to Alcoa is like rocky top to ut. so hate it if you want, its a tradition at Alcoa that is not going to stop. Every kid that plays pee wee football in Alcoa waits their turn to be able to do too type. They dont do it for the other teams, its something that Alcoa does for themselves. So say what you want to. People tend to disrespect and talk about things they dont understand.

You ask if I am a CAK fan...Yes i watch CAK football...I am also a Bearden Fan, a Maryville Fan, an Oak Ridge Fan...Do I have a true school allience, no.

In my reference to the U, it is because of your to Hype Cheer. And the predictions of winning by 28, and how you are going to run the score up over not a fim trade. Your alls words not mine.

And yes...Milan is capable of beating Alcoa, DCA is, Goodpasture is, maybe Hunt. (Not as sure about them). And it is not because you all dont have a great tradition. It is honestly because their defeneses are better! I appreciate you allowing to have my opinion, you dont have to agree with me.

But at the same time, I have grown tired of looking at every Alcoa post and seeing Alcoa fans say they are going to win by as much as they want!

Will I be at the game Friday night, probably...Goddard Field is a great football atmosphere and I have looked at the lineup of games Friday night and this one looks most appealing.

You may never know, I might be in your flock!

Well, excuse us for being proud of our boys. Excuse us for seeing the team being down after the 1st time we won state 3 in a row in A only to come back strong in AA after a few years. Excuse us for watching the boys grow up playing football, wanting to wear the high school uniform, wanting to play on Goddard Field on Friday night, wanting to do "too hype" to get themselves up for the game, waiting their turn to play after the seniors graduate. I understand CAK hasn't had a football team as long as we have, and doesn't have the system in place we do (starting with grasshoppers wearing maroon and white).

"You all are the U of Miami of TN 2A High School football," That was a really, really low blow. What you're seeing is pride. You may take it as cockiness, but it's really just pride. We grew up looking up to the high school team and how hard they work to make the team what it is today. As children we idolized those high school kids, who took the time to get to know us as kids. As we grew up, we have a sense of pride that we want to be as good as those who went before us, not wanting to disappoint them as we stepped into their shoes.

We're having a good time in the here and now. We know we can be beat; every high school team is beatable. The difference in this team is, that while we have very good athletes, they work as a team, much like last year's team after 1, 2, & 3 graduated. Could very well be the Rankin factor. We have an extremely classy coach who won't allow his team to put up 50 points on an opponent, who only allowed the defense 1 shut-out this year (so far).

Sorry if you see it as cockiness, it's just PRIDE, pure and simple.

As you can see, I took off my signature as a sign of respect for CAK fans...

Pride or cockiness, what is the difference? The thing is, we all know Alcoa has a good team and it shows every week as they continue to dominate. If you want to be respected in this league then humble yourselves and let everyone else talk about how good you are. It just seems arrogant when it comes from your mouth to our ears. Besides, when you do lose it won't be as bad on you.

CAK 35

Alcoa 21

You ask if I am a CAK fan...Yes i watch CAK football...I am also a Bearden Fan, a Maryville Fan, an Oak Ridge Fan...Do I have a true school allience, no.

In my reference to the U, it is because of your to Hype Cheer. And the predictions of winning by 28, and how you are going to run the score up over not a fim trade. Your alls words not mine.

And yes...Milan is capable of beating Alcoa, DCA is, Goodpasture is, maybe Hunt. (Not as sure about them). And it is not because you all dont have a great tradition. It is honestly because their defeneses are better! I appreciate you allowing to have my opinion, you dont have to agree with me.

But at the same time, I have grown tired of looking at every Alcoa post and seeing Alcoa fans say they are going to win by as much as they want!

Will I be at the game Friday night, probably...Goddard Field is a great football atmosphere and I have looked at the lineup of games Friday night and this one looks most appealing.

You may never know, I might be in your flock!

Here is an example of a HATER, simply because ALCOA wins! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I guess 138 points in 12 quarters of football in the last three championship games shows how good the defenses in the west are...I say AGAIN that CAK is the #2 team in 2A football and it will bear true over the next few weeks.

I am not buying that Rusty is shooting off at the mouth though, He has to make his kids think that they can win as much as he believes in them. More of a confidence thing than cocky. He is a quality dude that is building a good program.

Pride or cockiness, what is the difference? The thing is, we all know Alcoa has a good team and it shows every week as they continue to dominate. If you want to be respected in this league then humble yourselves and let everyone else talk about how good you are. It just seems arrogant when it comes from your mouth to our ears. Besides, when you do lose it won't be as bad on you.

CAK 35

Alcoa 21

And heres another HATER that would love to see ALCOA lose because his/her team could not get'r gone! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />