TSSAA

options86

Last night at a football game a player was injured and the parents were paged to the sidelines. TSSAA official told them they could not go past the gate, that they would bring the injured person to them. Also refused to let the person who went to get the car re-enter! Luckily a school administrator was present and overrode them. What have they come to when common sense and judgement are overridden with greed? The player is all right, nothing serious, but WOW!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may have just been those officials, in which case their insensitivity is deplorable.

I attended a TSSAA soccer payoff game 2 weeks ago where an ambulance had to be called and the parent was allowed to be with her daughter.

If there is a TSSAA rule about not allowing parents onto the field it needs to revisited. I could not even start to imagine the anguish and helplessness you would go through to be forced to watch events from a distance.

It may have just been those officials, in which case their insensitivity is deplorable.

I attended a TSSAA soccer payoff game 2 weeks ago where an ambulance had to be called and the parent was allowed to be with her daughter.

If there is a TSSAA rule about not allowing parents onto the field it needs to revisited. I could not even start to imagine the anguish and helplessness you would go through to be forced to watch events from a distance.

I'd like to see the TSSAA official that was going to stop me from checking on my kid if he was seriously injured, ballfield or no ballfield! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

This is ridiculous. If a parents son/daughter is injured what gives any person or organization the right to deny that parent to be with their kid. If this is a TSSAA rule it's the first I've heard of it, and if it is it needs to be revised. Glad to hear that young man is ok , and hopefully this is not a rule or there will be serious ramafications from this incident.

That's about the most ridicilous thing I've ever heard.

My opionion is the TSSAA as to much power and it time for the school boards to step in and tie there hand some what because they are out of control.Just like the comment Ronnie Carter make and there is no ramifacation from anyone.Why does everyone turn a blind eye. I challage everyone to call you local school board or local official and complan.Stand up america for our kids.

Cascade11 I agree with you all the way. I would feel very sorry for the person that tried to stop me. If the officals at this game made up this rule then they should be taken care of by the TSSAA. There are always exceptions to any rule. What this people need to think about is what if that was there child. Hope this kind of thing does not happen again. Glad to hear this kid is OK.

The T$$AA like to try to control field access during playoff games. They are a terrible organization. It doesn't shock me that they tried to keep parents off the field.

SCHOOL ADMINSTRATIONS HAVE TOO MUCH POWER CONCERNING MATTERS OF THIS NATURE. MY CHILD IS DOWN FOR VERY LONG= IM ON THE FIELD HANDCUFFED OR NOT ,OFFICALS CHASING ME, POLICE ETC. TSSAA/SCHOOL ADMIN HAVE BECOME VERY ABSURB!