Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me. Just goes to show how dominate they have been for the past several seasons. Gotta give them credit though. It doesn't start at the high school level and the other schools have finally started to realize it or they better because if they don't. The domination will continue. Their feeder programs and AAU teams are top notch. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cocke County or Cherokee make it happen this season though.

Well my silence has ended....Morristown West played a terrific game on both ends of the floor. Regardless of how Greeneville played, West did an excellent job. Their coaches had a good game plan for the game last night and the players went out and executed. Cherokee tried the same thing in Greeneville's previous game, but turned the ball over too much in the second half to pull off the upset. West had only two turnovers in the second half in the win against Greeneville. I would like to say that Morristown West shot 20 free throws to Greeneville's 6.

One thing that people don't mention is that Greeneville is the team to beat. So what does Greeneville get every night from all the teams? Well they get every teams best effort. So game in game out Greeneville has to take every teams best. West handed them their best and came out with a win.

Now to all those haters of Coach Crumbley: She did what she has done since she has been at Greeneville. She had her ball team in the game to win at the end. The shot did not fall. Could there have been some different decisisons? Probably, but she is the coach and she has the best record for wins and losses of any coach that Greeneville has had. I believe that Coach Crumbley wants to win as much as anyone and will do her best to put her team in the best situation to win.

I think that Greeneville has not played well in their last 4 games. I do think that they go through this every year. This team has not peaked at all. I do believe that the ladies will respond Monday at Elizabethton.

The three sophmores are continuing to get better...I do believe that every player on this team needs to work more on their assignments on defense. There seems to be some missed assignments that give up big plays. And for those who think that tride and true is not always best I disagree. Each player has a role and each player knows what that role is. Sometimes parents get in the way of that role and want little susie to do more than she is capable of at this particular time. If you look at the great college teams they don't stop what they normally do. They stick with their game plan. So for those who don't know please don't say what the coaches should do.

Good luck to all the IMAC teams. Greeneville is still the team to beat!! However that is why you show up and play the game. Any team can win on any given night. Congratulations West....enjoy it until you come to Greeneville.

This year's Elizabethton team is not as talented overall as the 2005 Cyclone team that beat Greeneville in Elizabethton. However, they have a solid team and are playing well. I wish Greeneville was coming in complacent after a win, instead of frustrated with a tough loss to West. I think the Cyclones will give Greeneville a good game and the Lady Devils will have to play well to get out of Betsy with a win.

Well my silence has ended....Morristown West played a terrific game on both ends of the floor. Regardless of how Greeneville played, West did an excellent job. Their coaches had a good game plan for the game last night and the players went out and executed. Cherokee tried the same thing in Greeneville's previous game, but turned the ball over too much in the second half to pull off the upset. West had only two turnovers in the second half in the win against Greeneville. I would like to say that Morristown West shot 20 free throws to Greeneville's 6.

One thing that people don't mention is that Greeneville is the team to beat. So what does Greeneville get every night from all the teams? Well they get every teams best effort. So game in game out Greeneville has to take every teams best. West handed them their best and came out with a win.

Now to all those haters of Coach Crumbley: She did what she has done since she has been at Greeneville. She had her ball team in the game to win at the end. The shot did not fall. Could there have been some different decisisons? Probably, but she is the coach and she has the best record for wins and losses of any coach that Greeneville has had. I believe that Coach Crumbley wants to win as much as anyone and will do her best to put her team in the best situation to win.

I think that Greeneville has not played well in their last 4 games. I do think that they go through this every year. This team has not peaked at all. I do believe that the ladies will respond Monday at Elizabethton.

The three sophmores are continuing to get better...I do believe that every player on this team needs to work more on their assignments on defense. There seems to be some missed assignments that give up big plays. And for those who think that tride and true is not always best I disagree. Each player has a role and each player knows what that role is. Sometimes parents get in the way of that role and want little susie to do more than she is capable of at this particular time. If you look at the great college teams they don't stop what they normally do. They stick with their game plan. So for those who don't know please don't say what the coaches should do.

Good luck to all the IMAC teams. Greeneville is still the team to beat!! However that is why you show up and play the game. Any team can win on any given night. Congratulations West....enjoy it until you come to Greeneville.

!

Well, it is easy to be a hater when she tries to break the spirits of these young people

Barb, I agree. Coach Crumbley wants to win more than anybody (maybe even Duncan, ha) and she and the girls will put on the correct undergarments (you crack me up) and deal with it.

She deserves the same criticism that the young people on her team gets! Because you are exactly right, she had her team in to win at THE END! Not in the beginning, not in the middle, but at the end!

You are right on...I agree everything you have said on this post except for one area. The greatest college teams do execute the game plan but the greatest college coaches have learned how to adjust when that plan is not working. Greeneville has got to develop a transition game or at least a "quick shot" game when they are behind. The transistion game would also increase the number of fouls committed by the opposing team. Last night one of the MW posts (#42) that was giving Nicole and Rachel such a hard time was in foul trouble with 3 or maybe 4 fouls going into the 4th quarter. If we had taken it hard to the basket a few times on her instead of trying to set up the easy jumpers that tend to fade away (many times we also don't get the fouls called on the fade away), we could have gotten her out of there which would have made life a LOT easier for the Lady Devils late in the fourth quarter. With that in mind, it shouldn't have had to come down to one shot not falling at the end.

Greeneville is so used to playing ahead in the IMAC and most of the region that they don't adapt well when they get behind and usually waste valuable 4th quarter minutes running their usually very effective plays that unfortunately run over a minute off the clock for one score. We saw this pattern of play develop in the loss in the Ladies Classic and at Knox Webb. It's simple math -- when you have less than 3 minutes to make up 8 or more points, you have to do things differently.

However, everyone needs to cut Coach Crumbley some slack, she does have a great track record and the most winning record in school history. This doesn't negate the fact that she is young and her potential to learn and grow as a coach is practically infinite. As good as she is now, imagine how awesome she will be when she realizes its okay to try new things when the situation warrants it. She definitely has talented enough girls to execute any strategy she gives them. Being able to be flexible in the heat of the moment with the stragegy, that's the sign of an excellent coach. I have no doubt that Coach Crumbley has everything it takes to be just that -- EXCELLENT!

You are right on...I agree everything you have said on this post except for one area. The greatest college teams do execute the game plan but the greatest college coaches have learned how to adjust when that plan is not working. Greeneville has got to develop a transition game or at least a "quick shot" game when they are behind. The transistion game would also increase the number of fouls committed by the opposing team. Last night one of the MW posts (#42) that was giving Nicole and Rachel such a hard time was in foul trouble with 3 or maybe 4 fouls going into the 4th quarter. If we had taken it hard to the basket a few times on her instead of trying to set up the easy jumpers that tend to fade away (many times we also don't get the fouls called on the fade away), we could have gotten her out of there which would have made life a LOT easier for the Lady Devils late in the fourth quarter. With that in mind, it shouldn't have had to come down to one shot not falling at the end.

Greeneville is so used to playing ahead in the IMAC and most of the region that they don't adapt well when they get behind and usually waste valuable 4th quarter minutes running their usually very effective plays that unfortunately run over a minute off the clock for one score. We saw this pattern of play develop in the loss in the Ladies Classic and at Knox Webb. It's simple math -- when you have less than 3 minutes to make up 8 or more points, you have to do things differently.

However, everyone needs to cut Coach Crumbley some slack, she does have a great track record and the most winning record in school history. This doesn't negate the fact that she is young and her potential to learn and grow as a coach is practically infinite. As good as she is now, imagine how awesome she will be when she realizes its okay to try new things when the situation warrants it. She definitely has talented enough girls to execute any strategy she gives them. Being able to be flexible in the heat of the moment with the stragegy, that's the sign of an excellent coach. I have no doubt that Coach Crumbley has everything it takes to be just that -- EXCELLENT!

We are getting behind waiting for her to be excellent!