Red Bank vs. Maryville

lionheart6508

Complete domination by MHS so far. RB tried to run wide early. Bad move. RB is threatening right now. well, RB just scored. It's 42 to 20 with 32 sec. left in the 3rd Q.

MHS has been running and throwing. The TD's have mostly been in the air for both teams. MHS has not punted and it's the 4th Q. RB recovered a fumble before it's last score. MHS just scored on a pass. it's 49 to 20.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years in a row RB could not compete w/ MHS.....suspicions are true...football not very strong in Chatt.

I was told that score was closer than the game.....

I wouldn't say that. I've seen Hixson and Brainerd both give Maryville a heck of a time. For some reason Maryville just has Cleveland and Red Bank's number, though.

Well I have to say I was pretty spot on with my comments before the game. Red Bank came in hooting and hollering and then they watched the big red machine take them apart. I was impressed that they were able to string that drive together after the Rebs jumped out 14-0, but that was the extent of me being impressed with the Lions tonight.

Maryville did everything I said they would have to do to win the game and then some. They gave Brent plenty of time to throw the ball and Shiver and Douglas among other delievered in the passing game. They were able to shut down sims and the rest of the Lion's athletes by flying to the ball and gang tackling. To my surprise though (I'm not sure why I'm surprised) Maryville was able to run the football. I've got news for you guys though. I've seen Red Bank and I've seen South. If you think Chatanooga football is weak just wait until next week.

There's nothing really to say about this game except it was total domination by the Rebels. They could have won by 100 if they wouldn't have taken their foot off the gas. Red Bank really only scored one meaningful touchdown and that was the one to make it 14-7.

As for next week....Go MARYVILLE Rebels and good luck although trust me you won't need it.

Well I have to say I was pretty spot on with my comments before the game. Red Bank came in hooting and hollering and then they watched the big red machine take them apart. I was impressed that they were able to string that drive together after the Rebs jumped out 14-0, but that was the extent of me being impressed with the Lions tonight.

Maryville did everything I said they would have to do to win the game and then some. They gave Brent plenty of time to throw the ball and Shiver and Douglas among other delievered in the passing game. They were able to shut down sims and the rest of the Lion's athletes by flying to the ball and gang tackling. To my surprise though (I'm not sure why I'm surprised) Maryville was able to run the football. I've got news for you guys though. I've seen Red Bank and I've seen South. If you think Chatanooga football is weak just wait until next week.

There's nothing really to say about this game except it was total domination by the Rebels. They could have won by 100 if they wouldn't have taken their foot off the gas. Red Bank really only scored one meaningful touchdown and that was the one to make it 14-7.

As for next week....Go MARYVILLE Rebels and good luck although trust me you won't need it.

Hey Panther, hows basketball season going for you? I mean....is your team still playing? I didn't think so...

Two years in a row RB could not compete w/ MHS.....suspicions are true...football not very strong in Chatt.

You were told absolutely right the game was no where near as close as the score. however this was also the best the rebs have played all year. the line on both sides of the ball totally dominated. I was impressed with 27 & 2 other than that they didn't seem to have much. 27 runs the ball hard and lead blocks well but no matter how good you are you can't take on 5 or 6 deffenders every play. and 2 was a fine reciever and safety but he paid hard for every catch and when your safety leads the team in tackles by a wide margin your hurtin. also 11 has alot of athleticism just no size he's quick as a hic-up though.

You were told absolutely right the game was no where near as close as the score. however this was also the best the rebs have played all year. the line on both sides of the ball totally dominated. I was impressed with 27 & 2 other than that they didn't seem to have much. 27 runs the ball hard and lead blocks well but no matter how good you are you can't take on 5 or 6 deffenders every play. and 2 was a fine reciever and safety but he paid hard for every catch and when your safety leads the team in tackles by a wide margin your hurtin. also 11 has alot of athleticism just no size he's quick as a hic-up though.

IJust got home from a game where Maryville was in control the whole way. MHS did not need any of their starters after they scored on its first drive in the 3rd qtr. Maybe they didn??™t need them during any of the 2nd half. I expected a good tough game and I can say without a doubt, Halls should have been here tonight. Halls must have had a bad night vs. RB. 12-0? You got to be kidding! Even if RB had had Benton, it would not have made much difference imo. With the size of RB's O line I would have thought they would have shoved Maryville all over the place but not so. I don't know if Maryville ever punted. If Maryville executes like that the next two weeks they should plan on making some more room in the trophy case for another Gold Ball.

Lastly, as the play-off go on the officials seem to be getting worse. Where did these clowns learn to call a game? They missed so many calls it made me wonder if they were watching the game at all. Any way I hope the Red Bank community has a safe trip home and thanks for participating in the TN High School Play-offs. Maybe we will see you next year with another "Beast" team.