OCCHS REBELS

sherlockholmes

Hey, pride&tradition...Remember that little discussion we had between OC and GC, lol. I'll step up to the plate and I'll admit that I was wrong. Obion Co. seems to be playing some good ball right now but have yet to get into the biggest meat of their schedule. Congrats on the success thus far but don't be satisfied just yet! Good Luck to OC!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, pride&tradition...Remember that little discussion we had between OC and GC, lol. I'll step up to the plate and I'll admit that I was wrong. Obion Co. seems to be playing some good ball right now but have yet to get into the biggest meat of their schedule. Congrats on the success thus far but don't be satisfied just yet! Good Luck to OC!

OC played terriffic against Westview. I'll admit that I was surprised. I was pleasantly surprised. Congrats on the district win. I hope you do well for the rest of the season.

the rebel train will have to toughen up if they wanna hang with the fast & furious from dyer county on tuesday night.

I wouldn't be so worried about the student section.....

Congrats on the huge district win tonite....If someone would have gotten on here in early November and said OC would be 10-4 overall and 3-0 in the district most folks would have laughed you off the site....Continue to improve and take em one at a time..Learn something from every game and never stop hustling...Good hustle will mask some flaws in your game...It costs nothing to hustle....Nobody outside your lockeroom will give you a snowball's chance against mighty Dyer County,but it doesn't matter what those people think...The only thing that matters is what you think....That's my Lou Holtz pep talk for the week....

It was good to see the JV Rebels put a 20 point beatdown on Westview tonite also....69-49 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First off,OC has to travel to South Fulton tonite to play the Red Devils....The Red Devils have been playing better of late..They almost pulled off a couple of wins in the Martin Lions Club Tourney and they lost a close game to Gleason last nite...They are young and improving....This is the type of team that still gives OC problems..A single A team that they should beat and playing them away from home after a big win the game before....

JV game tonite also...The young Rebels are looking better every nite out....

Congrats on a great win last night by the REBS. this bunch really took it to Westview, which I think surprized alot of folks, but OC can play. This was a big win for the Rebs, who have to focus on South Fulton tonight, before turning their sights to Tuesday, and a HUGE meeting with Dyer Co. in Troy. the two teams without a district loss battle at Central Station, BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on a great win last night by the REBS. this bunch really took it to Westview, which I think surprized alot of folks, but OC can play. This was a big win for the Rebs, who have to focus on South Fulton tonight, before turning their sights to Tuesday, and a HUGE meeting with Dyer Co. in Troy. the two teams without a district loss battle at Central Station, BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was surprised to hear that they beat Westview. Congrats on that! Hope we can give you a good game tonight in the Devil's Den! We played some good games over Christmas, but last night was not our proudest moment! See you in SF tonight!

Congrats to the Rebels tonight.....Great game from Smith and Owens....I'm loving the 3-0 in the district....It's been so long since these guys have been winning and I'm extremely proud of them....Next up South Fulton...and Big District showdown with the Choctaws of Dyer Co....Guys, Nobody thinks you can win, but do listen to anybody....Go out there and play your game and get a win!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mighty big of you GC. I knew your conscious would bring you around to mending fences eventually /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

As far as Central is concerned, I thought they had capabilities to play with the big boys of the district, but not hang a twenty point spankin' on them. I know I know, they have their down games, mainly against teams they shouldn't, ( cough cough, SINGLE A stinkers cough cough) but look at their schedule, after tonight, they will have to play all out the rest of the season. Their isn't one off night left for these Rebels. With the intensity and heart I saw out of them last night, i honestly believe they can play with the likes of Dyer County, etc. Like one poster pointed out before, hustle can mask some of your flaws, but a 64% shooting night and only ten turnovers goes alot further /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . Keep it up OC, this may be the year something special could happen.

Just got back from watching three wins(JV boys won)by Obion Central over their county cousins South Fulton in the Devil's Den(Heard that about 100 times).....

To put it as simply as possible,if OC plays Dyer County the way they played South Fulton,the Choctaws will mop the floor with the Rebels...

The Rebels won't play like that because it's a district game,a rival and they are at home....

Wherein lies the problem with these Rebels...They don't play the same against everyone on their schedule...They don't play as hard against a South Fulton as they do against a Milan or Westview...If the Rebels want to be a contender,they are going to have to take nobody lightly and they are going to have to play as hard as possible against everybody on their schedule...There was no reason the Devils should have been in this game but there they were within 10 points in the 3rd quarter...OC did finally find their game a little midway thru the quarter and did end up playing everybody that dressed out in a 61-41 win..Had they played anybody good they would have been way behind at half and the game would have been out of reach in the third...

You know really,I shouldn't say the Rebels don't play as hard...They do play hard..They just don't seem as focused against a weaker team as they are against a good team....

Congrats on the win.....Good Luck Tuesday nite against Dyer County....