REAL state contenders (Single A)

ZionEAGLESrUNDERATED

So me and my friends believe that the Eagles from Zion have a shot at making it to state this year. They have been improving every year(in every sport might i add) and i think this is the year they make the jump and surprise everyone along the way and make it to state. I'm not gonna say they are going to win it all, cuz i think that will come later on down the road.

Who else has a shot? I've heard that Nashville Christian, Moore co. and Cully all have realistic shots. but truthfully i haven't heard much from anyone yet.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So me and my friends believe that the Eagles from Zion have a shot at making it to state this year. They have been improving every year(in every sport might i add) and i think this is the year they make the jump and surprise everyone along the way and make it to state. I'm not gonna say they are going to win it all, cuz i think that will come later on down the road.

Who else has a shot? I've heard that Nashville Christian, Moore co. and Cully all have realistic shots. but truthfully i haven't heard much from anyone yet.

I dont think that Zion will make it to state

The West is always packed with athletic, talented players. Who ever makes it out of the West will definitely have their chance. Cully is looking good in their two HOF games. Haven't heard much from Moore Co. or Zion.

Tell us what you know and why?

Union City....They played against a GOOD AA school in Jackson South Side and beat them 95-80...They played last years AA state runner up in Memphis Mitchell (I heard that they were better than last year) and beat them 89-88!!!! Tell me a single A school that can match Union City point for point!!!

Humboldt as well....last year they made it to state in Single A and made it to the semi-finals to get beat by Temple...Humboldt returns everyone back except for post player Derek Sain...

It'll be Humboldt and Union City from the west!!!

Union City and Humboldt play Tuesday in Humboldt...That game will be an early gauge,although it's been proven the last two years that regular season games are mere formalities....It's all about being the third seed coming out of the district tourney.....UC has beaten two good AA teams while Humboldt has been beaten by Middleton and Haywood County but probably won't count them on their record since they were Hall of Champions games... BTW,MJ Brown,who won the 1A Mr Basketball a year ago, has opened up this season by scoring 28 and 31 points in his first two games...

I'm hearing alot of talk about Manassas..They have players who transferred from Westside,which shut down last summer....Westside made it to The Boro last season...Manassas beat Westside twice last year so they will factor into the mix...Middleton,Lake County and Trenton Peabody could be sleepers out of the west....

You have to figure Culleoka will make another run with DeMario Williams....

You will also have a Chattanooga team or two looking to make the trip also....

Union City and Humboldt play Tuesday in Humboldt...That game will be an early gauge,although it's been proven the last two years that regular season games are mere formalities....It's all about being the third seed coming out of the district tourney.....UC has beaten two good AA teams while Humboldt has been beaten by Middleton and Haywood County but probably won't count them on their record since they were Hall of Champions games... BTW,MJ Brown,who won the 1A Mr Basketball a year ago, has opened up this season by scoring 28 and 31 points in his first two games...

I'm hearing alot of talk about Manassas..They have players who transferred from Westside,which shut down last summer....Westside made it to The Boro last season...Manassas beat Westside twice last year so they will factor into the mix...Middleton,Lake County and Trenton Peabody could be sleepers out of the west....

You have to figure Culleoka will make another run with DeMario Williams....

You will also have a Chattanooga team or two looking to make the trip also....

Had a chance to watch Middleton play against Lexington in HOF game. Looks like we are reloaded and ready to make another run at the gold ball. Extremely quick and talented. Look forward to the season. We beat a good Humboldt team at there place by 13.

Had a chance to watch Middleton play against Lexington in HOF game. Looks like we are reloaded and ready to make another run at the gold ball. Extremely quick and talented. Look forward to the season. We beat a good Humboldt team at there place by 13.

Would love to host you guys in the Sub-State game..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

does zion have a good freshman?

I'll just speak about Zion's region. Culleoka will be clearly the best team. Summertown and Moore County will fight for the other spot in the sub-state. All three teams have a ligit shot to get to Murfreesboro. I just don't understand why Summertown is not getting any love. They are the best team in district 12-A, with Collinwood and Mt. Pleasant competing for second.