Alcoa vs DCA

Tornado89

Sounds a lot like our team, with the exception of 10 seniors and most of them have been together since kindergarten.

Don't worry about stopping at a fast-food place (there's not a Hardee's on the highway when you come in!); there's plenty of bathroom spaces available, and you don't have to walk 2 miles to one!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And, the band boosters will be grilling up their hamburgers and hot dogs with the fixin's and sides to go with it.

We'll be looking for the smoke vapors from those band booster grills early. Sounds like a safe place to hang out until kickoff!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you didn't mean that like it sounds, but you might want to let your guys that are seniors finish this year before saying your young uns are better. After all, haven't your seniors THIS YEAR taken your team farther in the 2A playoffs than ever before? You make a great point about the team scoring touchdowns, not an individual, but I'd be willing to bet that mindset is a testament to all your seniors and their leadership. Let them have their time, yours will come soon enough. Good luck to both teams

Nope, I totally agree with you, Mox man. You may have read a little more into what I said than was intended. This senior group walks off the field for the last time with heads high, no matter when that happens and regardless of the circumstances. They've earned that.

Yeah...I heard DCA kinda rubbed their noses in it and made them like it. I can't say I'm sorry that happened. YAI was too arrogant. They weren't good enough to do that. We couldn't do anything about it...but I'm glad DCA did.

I really don't think DCA knows what's coming. We didn't either until we played them last year. Just think of CPA and Goodpasture. Alcoa is likely 5 td's or more better than both. Their offense is unstoppable. I think their defense is down a lot from last year. They are still very good at the 2a level. DCA will not get near matching their speed. You will see what I mean.

For what it's worth, DCA always does a banner run-through to the end of the field. (No nose rubbing intended or delivered.) Then they line up and play ball for four quarters.

And DCA knows very well what's coming. In fact, Alcoa should be good enough to hang 100 on us, so when we hold 'em to 50 we'll feel good about things.

For what it's worth, DCA always does a banner run-through to the end of the field. (No nose rubbing intended or delivered.) Then they line up and play ball for four quarters.

And DCA knows very well what's coming. In fact, Alcoa should be good enough to hang 100 on us, so when we hold 'em to 50 we'll feel good about things.

We always pray around the goal posts during the pregame walk through too.

You could be right. If you do hold them to 50...you will have played well.

So if everyone is pretty much in agreement on Alcoa winning this one.....who would the Alcoa fans like to play in the finals? Goodpasture or Trenton Peabody?

Absolutely nothing against Goodpasture, but a different team match-up against Peabody would be fun! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I am reading a lot on here about "Alcoa cruising on to face Goodpasture", If I am correct, Goodpasture has to get passed that very hot team called Trenton Peabody before they can meet you at the buro.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me. I think they want GP, they are a know product to Alcoa.

Or maybe they don't want to see Cobb and Harper on the same field. No that couldn't be it, who in the heck wouldn't want to see that? I would pay double for that one!