Goodpasture Vs Peabody

CougarBrown

we watched film on gp today and this is not a team to over look but their defense is not that strong and

i think that we will be able to do what ever we want on offense,and yes they have a quick offense but they are easy to read and i think that #22 is a great quick back but he is not strong enough to break free of our defense

I would think your fellow players and coaches would want you to keep your opinions to yourself instead of broadcasting them on coacht to be used as bulletin board material by Goodpasture. Be smart son.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GP held Lipscomb to 14 points and they are still playing in 3A. I don't think that Peabody will be able to do whatever they want on offense and be able to shut GP out. I say Milan and GP are very equal teams and Milan came close to winning last Friday.

I don't guage one team's performance against a common opponenet as an accurate "barometer" for what happens when the other two teams meet. However if you WILL.................."Close don't count 'cept in horse shoes & hand grenades" ! My comparison is solely 2 great teams that have fought their way through a regular season & 3 Rounds of "Bonus Ball" ! I do NOT make predictions, but I will say that if either team is lookin' for a "Walk In the Park" to get to the "'Boro" then that team will likely be there but in the bleachers ! Being from West Tennessee, as well as having some good friends that suppport their "Tide" like I support my Choctaws, I am pulling for Peabody. Plus the fact that GP beat us in 10 innings that shouldn't have gone but seven in the baseball "Spring Fling" ! So I have but one other thing to add ...................... ROOOOOLL TIDE !

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Attention armchair quarterbacks:

Do you not think that both coaches will have their teams ready to play? Adjustments will be made by both teams to reduce their opponets strengths on both sides of the ball. As someone who has a handful of state championship rings from GP, I can GUARANTEE you that Coach Martin will have the defense fine tuned for Friday night. Same goes for Peabody. If teams did not have fantastic coaches and players, they would not have made it this far in the season. Time will tell who will come out on top, but I do know this will be a great game.

Your post is a bit of sanity amidst a sea of morons.

and VooDoo, you have some of the most moronic posts that come around........ Thats like whale crap calling dolphin crap names, dont you think?

True...true

And thanks for the interesting analogy. You could have resorted to the old pot/kettle thing, but it makes me happy to see a little creativity.

I don't think thats what Matt was saying at all. This will be a game with a smashmouth team vs. a finess team. There is an old saying in boxing, "styles make fights", that fits this game to a T. Can the boxer(GP) impose his will on the slugger(Trenton)? Or will the slugger stun the boxer early, and change the course of the fight. Trenton stuned Milan early last week, but Milan played with the heart of a champion, and came up a little short in the comback. With The Tide winning the final round.The difference is Milan could stand toe to toe with Peabody. If it comes down to it, can GP?

ive already said it and i will say it again after what i witnessed friday night no goodpasture cannot stand toe to toe with peabody

ive already said it and i will say it again after what i witnessed friday night no goodpasture cannot stand toe to toe with peabody

I think you are on to something dogg. You know, Harper gets a lot of attention, but anyone who saw what the O-line did, especially early in the game last week has got to be impressed. Also, Tamias Johnson gets very little attention, and he is a bruising runningback who had 200 yards against a very good Milan team.

I think Johnson is very underappreciated by some fans outside of the area because they haven't seen him play. The media has made Harper known statewide. Folks say Johnson is a very respectful, hard-working kid both on and off the field.

I've watched peabody all year and these are the 3 things they must do to win Friday night.

1) Peabody's offensive line must play physical like they have the last 7 weeks.

2) Peabody has to be better on special teams. They don't cover kicks well and they miss extra points every week.

3) The last key is Peabody's saftey Barnes. He has to stop missing so many tackles and and play physical Peabody football. We all know Harper and Johnson will have their typical games so if Peabody can be better in those 3 phases of the game then I love their chances.

I've watched peabody all year and these are the 3 things they must do to win Friday night.

1) Peabody's offensive line must play physical like they have the last 7 weeks.

2) Peabody has to be better on special teams. They don't cover kicks well and they miss extra points every week.

3) The last key is Peabody's saftey Barnes. He has to stop missing so many tackles and and play physical Peabody football. We all know Harper and Johnson will have their typical games so if Peabody can be better in those 3 phases of the game then I love their chances.

Just curious, but have you seen this GP team. They are fast, strong, and fast.

In my opinion to win this game Peabody needs to do these four things: Control the colock, Play Physical Defense, and HAVE NO MENTAL MISTAKES, and also WIN THE SPECIAL TEAMS BATTLE.

1) When Camden met GP they had excellent time mangement. Camden had a few drives where we scored pretty quick 10 play or less. Most of their drives were lengthy more than 10, and wasted a lot of clock. In the third we took more than half the quarter on Offense. When you waste time you usually keep it a low scoring game, and against GP it has to be a low scoring game to give yourself a chance to win.

2) Our defense had the best game all year. We made them punt the ball most of the first half, and kept it a low scoring game. You have to hit them with 3-4 guys each team, and punish the ball carrier. Look out for #4 he is a HOSS. Your D will have to play the best, and most physical game they have played all year.

3) Don't have any delay of games or any penalties. Beating a team like Goodpasture is hard enough without penalties so don't give them anything easy like that. Not to mention penalties can end a drive faster than anything, and add more pressure to your Offense.

4) Win the Special Teams Battle. This team is VERY FAST you can't afford to not cover on Punts or Kickoffs. They will make BIG returns if you fail to cover. When they Kickoff to yall your blockers have to be faster than all of the cover men, and you have to have atleast a few big returns. Moving the ball 70 -80 yards on this team consistently will hard to do. Therefore try to have 60 or less yards on most of your drives, and you'll be in good postition to gain atleast a feild goal out of it.

If Trenton can accomplish these things they will be in EXCELLENT postion to win. Camden did, and they fell short by 2 in the final seconds. Trenton I wish yall the best of luck against this very good GP team. Everyone from Trenton have a safe trip up there. One more thing before I go, LET's GO TIDE MAKE THE WEST PROUD, AND GOOD LUCK!!!