South Pittsburg vs Hampton

TheLivingLegend

Congratulations to the Pirates on the big win. Took care of business in what sounded like

a tight game. Good luck next week at M'boro...hopefully I'll see you guys there if I can get

rid of this "crud" I've caught. LOL Bring home the Gold ball for SP/ Reg.3, and our bracket.

Congratulations also to Hampton for another great season. You guys have nothing to be ashamed

of. Quite a record over the past few years. Keep working hard..your time will come.

The Grunt & TC has a lot of respect for both of these teams, and it is mutual. One of those

things where you hate to see either lose.

Football has been a lot of fun this year. Some strange twists & turns. Reg. 4 has been wild

and unpredictable at times, but fun as well.

Pirates, next week is what all the hard work, aches & pains have been about. Now it is in

your hand...all you have to do is grasp it, and I'm sure you will. That shiny new GOLD ball

sure wil look nice in that case behind glass for all to see.

Stay focused this week....do what you do.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to both teams on a well played game. Hampton, you guys played a heck of a game. SP, good luck next week in the 'boro. No doubt that you guys earned your way there. Zonepirate, MO$$$$ and ghspawsanclaws, it was good to finally put a face with the screen name. Reaction, it was good to see you again. Hopefully Smith Co. and Boyd will meet up again in the playoffs next year. Zone, keep me in the loop on the golf tourney. I'll see you guys at MTSU next week.

Congratulations to the Pirates on the big win. Took care of business in what sounded like

a tight game. Good luck next week at M'boro...hopefully I'll see you guys there if I can get

rid of this "crud" I've caught. LOL Bring home the Gold ball for SP/ Reg.3, and our bracket.

Congratulations also to Hampton for another great season. You guys have nothing to be ashamed

of. Quite a record over the past few years. Keep working hard..your time will come.

The Grunt & TC has a lot of respect for both of these teams, and it is mutual. One of those

things where you hate to see either lose.

Football has been a lot of fun this year. Some strange twists & turns. Reg. 4 has been wild

and unpredictable at times, but fun as well.

Pirates, next week is what all the hard work, aches & pains have been about. Now it is in

your hand...all you have to do is grasp it, and I'm sure you will. That shiny new GOLD ball

sure wil look nice in that case behind glass for all to see.

Stay focused this week....do what you do.

Speed Kills Grunt, Old Pirate says the Pirates had their chance late in the 2nd quarter to go up 28-7. The 2nd half opening drive for a touchdown would have put the Pirates up 35-7. But Hampton took advantage of Robert's fumble.The fumble could have been major in a tight game. OP says congrats to both teams on are great game. A special congrats to the SP seniors who raised the bar for next year's seniors. OP says don't forget to raise that bar higher next week.

The Pirates proved to everyone that they "can" take at you as they did tonight against a bigger team. The Pirate's running inside the tackles sent the message to all that they can play straight up power football. OP was extremely pleased with there unstopable inside game.

Congrats to the Bulldogs on a grear game and season.

Just back home in G-ville after the game. It was worth driving to S.PItt again to see this one. I knew it would be special, and it was. I was afraid it was going to get out of hand going into the half, and then that fumble came. I consider that a 14 point swing. Probably would've been 28-7 at half otherwise. As it was, it made the 2nd half a lot more enjoyable. There were a few times when I though Hampton was going to bring a miracle. I was surprised they didn't try an onside kick after the last score. But, it may not have mattered. S. Pitt was phenomenal again on offense.

Good job to both teams. Best of luck to S. PItt next week - get you a gold ball! Hampton - be proud. What a season!

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

I agree with you guys. I thought it as a great game as well. Pujo's boys played hard, but the best team definitely won tonight. I thought it as going to get out of hand right before the half. That "fumble" before the half really turned the momentum in that one. I as standing by the wall right in front of that play and from my viewpoint, his knees were on the ground when he fumbled. Personally I thought they were going to call him down. I am sure none of SP's faithful care though since the final score is all that matters. I am surprised that SP was able to consistently pound Hampton between the tackles tonight. I thought that was pretty impressive consider how big those boys from Hampton were. Good luck to SP next week. Congrats to Hampton on a great season.

My nerves have finally settled down so here is my take. Just as I thought Hampton was a good offensive team. The talent they have behind the line is very good. The linemen are big but they don't go near as hard as they should but they were better than what film showed.. Sometimes the smaller guys actually did better than the bigger guys against our smaller, faster linemen. Our smaller D line penetrated on many plays by staying low but the skill people bounced he ball outside when the holes closed inside and making something out of nothing. It was about what I expected. The skill guys can make some plays.

Defensively they could not stop us at all. 34 base right at the big guy (# 77) with #24 was our most productive play all night (Robert had over 200 yards rushing tonight and I would guess that at least 100 were on 34 base). We never punted...we either scored or turned the ball over (or at the half ran out of time). If we don't fumble right before the half and the ball doesn't bounce where #4 can pick it up and take it to the house then we go up 28-7 and come back and score again after the half to make it 35-7 and the game is over. I have to give it to Hampton...they never quit and they kept fighting back...sign of a good team.

I heard a lot of belly aching by the Hampton faithful in front of the locker room after the game about penalties not being called on SP. I hope they don't get on here and degrade the game their kids played by trying to make that an issue because Hampton had 1 or maybe 2 penalities called all night. Holding could have been called on both teams quite a bit but the refs let the kids play. Hampton's line held us a lot because they could just not handle the speed of our linemen but it was never called all night. Hampton played a very good game and the Hampton kids showed a lot of class after the game...many of they said they hoped we won it all. All of Hampton should be proud of these kids.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

there's too many things to list

dont wanna waste that much bandwidth of coacht's

I agree Vader, I predicted on the other thread

Hampton 28

The Pits 20

Hey you hit the Hampton score dead on the head. 50% of the equation ain't bad. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Congratulations to Hampton. They proved they have a good team tonight. Also congratulations to the Pirates on the big win to take you to the final game. You have proven by going through some very good teams you go into it deserving. Good luck next week in Mbro. I don't have a clue about the team you are playing. I will support you in silence this week. Maybe if I could see some footage I could give an opinion. See you there. It should be exciting.

First of all, Congrats to the Pirates on the big win tonight and Good Luck next week. Don't Let UP! Keep doing what you've been doing for the past weeks and play your game.

To the Hampton Bulldogs: I know that all of you (players and fans) are still on that long dreaded journey home. I pray that you make it back safely. Hold your heads up high. Respect earned. You guys played a great game and never quit. That is a sign of a true "winner"! You met your match tonight and you battled honorably! 14, 12, 4, 44, 18, 56 among others played a great game. I talked to many parents, coaches, and players from Hampton after the game and I have nothing to say but CLASS! I did not hear one negative word come out of anyones mouth after the game. It seemed like every person that I told "good game" responded with "ya'll were the better team, now go win it all"! I know from playing and losing my last game of the year against MIDWAY (way back in the day - '89), it is hard as he@) to smile and tell the winning team to continue on and do what we didn't get to. Your school earned my respect! Great Season.

To the PIRATES: Go bring the championship trophy back to the Valley. You guys have played tremendously all season, BUT you still have one to go! You know what goal you set before the season, and now you have given yourself the chance to achieve that goal.

Great game by 24,2,21,5,25, & 35. But MOST OF ALL, the Offensive Lineman. All of you guys played a great game. All of the talk on here that you wouldn't be able to run up the middle on the Bulldogs because of there size (I kinda wondered myself after seeing them in warmups), and ya'll manhandled them. Pushed them all over the field. I believe that they underestimated SP's men "in the trenches" and worried about 21,24, etc. Anyway, great game!

For the game next Friday, HOLD ON TO THE BALL! No turnovers. No disrespect to Hampton, but I believe that if the Pirates would have scored before, the half instead of Hampton on the fumble recovery, the game could have been a little different. SP would have also had the ball to start the 2nd half with a chance to be up 4 TD's. But, all that don't matter. The Bulldogs did what they had to do and kept themselves in the game and played hard to the very end! What I am trying to say is "Don't let stupid penalties or a turnover cost you the ultimate trophy!"

One more for Coach Don!

GOOD LUCK NEXT FRIDAY!

GO PIRATES

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Hey you hit the Hampton score dead on the head. 50% of the equation ain't bad. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Congratulations to Hampton. They proved they have a good team tonight. Also congratulations to the Pirates on the big win to take you to the final game. You have proven by going through some very good teams you go into it deserving. Good luck next week in Mbro. I don't have a clue about the team you are playing. I will support you in silence this week. Maybe if I could see some footage I could give an opinion. See you there. It should be exciting.

NOW MO$$Y, Old Pirate says we all know you want be able to stay quite all week. Just jump in there whenever it starts to hurt. Hope to see you and Little Mos$y in M/boro. We Pirate fans sure appreciate the Gville fans support.

phew just got back

first off, CONGRATS to south pitt, that ray? robinson #24 is a beast

hampton had no answer for him

but this is probably my favorite game i've been to the past 3 years, it was just so intense, everyone was into it, minus the outcome of course

i wanna say thanks to the hampton players, for the greatest 3 year run in hampton history, maybe even carter county history and cant wait till next year...

are any schools lookin at robinson? he impressed me, line played great too

GO DOGS!!!

My nerves have finally settled down so here is my take. Just as I thought Hampton was a good offensive team. The talent they have behind the line is very good. The linemen are big but they don't go near as hard as they should but they were better than what film showed.. Sometimes the smaller guys actually did better than the bigger guys against our smaller, faster linemen. Our smaller D line penetrated on many plays by staying low but the skill people bounced he ball outside when the holes closed inside and making something out of nothing. It was about what I expected. The skill guys can make some plays.

Defensively they could not stop us at all. 34 base right at the big guy (# 77) with #24 was our most productive play all night (Robert had over 200 yards rushing tonight and I would guess that at least 100 were on 34 base). We never punted...we either scored or turned the ball over (or at the half ran out of time). If we don't fumble right before the half and the ball doesn't bounce where #4 can pick it up and take it to the house then we go up 28-7 and come back and score again after the half to make it 35-7 and the game is over. I have to give it to Hampton...they never quit and they kept fighting back...sign of a good team.

I heard a lot of belly aching by the Hampton faithful in front of the locker room after the game about penalties not being called on SP. I hope they don't get on here and degrade the game their kids played by trying to make that an issue because Hampton had 1 or maybe 2 penalities called all night. Holding could have been called on both teams quite a bit but the refs let the kids play. Hampton's line held us a lot because they could just not handle the speed of our linemen but it was never called all night. Hampton played a very good game and the Hampton kids showed a lot of class after the game...many of they said they hoped we won it all. All of Hampton should be proud of these kids.

hey just back to hampton from the game and we are very proud of all our kids they played thier hearts out tonight and I truely believe the best team won but they knew they were in one heck of a fight. niether team could really stop the other it was a wild game and I for one was glad that the refs let them play a game this important don't need to be decided by refs good luck next week! GO DOGS!!