Alcoa vs Goodpasture

Tornado89

Don't get mad that I am simply stating my opinion because all year every team except for Maryville of course and Cak have looked like 1a teams compared to the Tornadoes. I think that the coaching staff is better than your alls and that we will simply make you look like you should be in a different league. Thats all there is no disrespect just stating how I feel. I look back at the last two years and think about those scores and then think about the fact that you all got beat by DCA and then form my opinion. So don't get on here and talk about being classless about someone stating their opinion. I personally think that Alcoa will handle their business as always and it will be over by half. But obviously I cannot tell the future and there still is a game to play. I think that if every Alcoa fan would be truthful, they expect the Tornadoes to go to the Boro and dominate. I dont tell you that you are classless for stating your opinion so dont do the same to me. It could be a long night for you all on Friday. Go Tornadoes.

I'm not bashing you for stating an opinion. Reread my post. I am calling you classless for saying the best teams in 2A other than Alcoa are 1A teams. Your original post didn't say they looked like 1A compared to Alcoa. It said they were like 1A teams. There is a difference. GP, CPA, DCA would dominate 1A (like CPA and DCA did before the multiplier. They are good 2A teams.

Alcoa is better than all 2A teams and deserve compliments that everyone (including me) is giving them. You are not classless to brag on your team. You are a fan. Saying "we are better than you and will whip you" is different than saying "we are so good everyone else is no good and doesn't belong in our TSSAA division". It is a different thing to say your team is superior versus belittling the accomplishments of everyone else. How would you like it if Maryville called you a 1A team because they beat you every year?

And I will aplogize for calling you classless. You may not be, but your comments were.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not bashing you for stating an opinion. Reread my post. I am calling you classless for saying the best teams in 2A other than Alcoa are 1A teams. Your original post didn't say they looked like 1A compared to Alcoa. It said they were like 1A teams. There is a difference. GP, CPA, DCA would dominate 1A just like they used to before the multiplier. They are good 2A teams.

Alcoa is better than all 2A teams and deserve compliments that everyone (including me) is giving them. You are not classless to brag on your team. You are a fan. Saying "we are better than you and will whip you" is different than saying "we are so good everyone else is no good and doesn't belong in our TSSAA division". It is a different thing to say your team is superior versus belittling the accomplishments of everyone else. How would you like it if Maryville called you a 1A team because they beat you every year?

I agree with your post. Alcoa is a very good football team period reguardless of class. We must also give credit where credit is due with CAK, DCA, GP, York, and all the other good teams that make up 2A. David Lipcomb is playing for the 3A championship. Goodpasture beat them at David Lipscomb. We had better not make the mistake of underrating Goodpasture.

Alcoa will beat Goodpasture. I don't think it will be as bad as the last 2 seasons though. Goodpasture running that WingT won't ever beat Alcoa. Goodpasture needs to do what William Blount did and scrap that WingT. William Blount went to a spread and had a much better season. I bet Goodpasture has the personel to run the spread. To have a chance to beat Alcoa you have to be able to run and pass on them. One dimential offenses won't get it done. That is just my opinion though.

Alcoa will beat Goodpasture. I don't think it will be as bad as the last 2 seasons though. Goodpasture running that WingT won't ever beat Alcoa. Goodpasture needs to do what William Blount did and scrap that WingT. William Blount went to a spread and had a much better season. I bet Goodpasture has the personel to run the spread. To have a chance to beat Alcoa you have to be able to run and pass on them. One dimential offenses won't get it done. That is just my opinion though.

I think that opinion is dead on. I don't see a one dimensional team beating Alcoa either. However...I don't think it will be as close as the last two years.

Don't get mad that I am simply stating my opinion because all year every team except for Maryville of course and Cak have looked like 1a teams compared to the Tornadoes. I think that the coaching staff is better than your alls and that we will simply make you look like you should be in a different league. Thats all there is no disrespect just stating how I feel. I look back at the last two years and think about those scores and then think about the fact that you all got beat by DCA and then form my opinion. So don't get on here and talk about being classless about someone stating their opinion. I personally think that Alcoa will handle their business as always and it will be over by half. But obviously I cannot tell the future and there still is a game to play. I think that if every Alcoa fan would be truthful, they expect the Tornadoes to go to the Boro and dominate. I dont tell you that you are classless for stating your opinion so dont do the same to me. It could be a long night for you all on Friday. Go Tornadoes.

Classless???????????YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sole reason you won't beat Maryville any time soon.

You seem to forget that Gatlinburg-Pittman had a kid that currently is not being recruited by a D1 team throw for 400 yds. Oh yeah, I forget you were missing 2 starters and a kicker. Cobb barely played defense. Starters did not play in second half. Players didn't care. Fans didn't come because it wasn't big game because GP was the same as a little league powder puff team. And I'm a millionare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explain please----In the last 10-15 years the city of Alcoa has annexed about everything coming or going. (Think they even tried to annex Maryville.) But Alcoa High School's enrollment has gone down? Why does the multiplier not apply to them?

You seem to forget that Gatlinburg-Pittman had a kid that currently is not being recruited by a D1 team throw for 400 yds. Oh yeah, I forget you were missing 2 starters and a kicker. Cobb barely played defense. Starters did not play in second half. Players didn't care. Fans didn't come because it wasn't big game because GP was the same as a little league powder puff team. And I'm a millionare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explain please----In the last 10-15 years the city of Alcoa has annexed about everything coming or going. (Think they even tried to annex Maryville.) But Alcoa High School's enrollment has gone down? Why does the multiplier not apply to them?

You're not a millionaire..................................you're a LOSER! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I guess this thread has run its' course...too many "outsiders" that have nothing to do with either Goodpasture or Alcoa have put their .02 in and it has nothing to do with the game....(you know who you are)

Either go to the Public v. Private debate or to the davepix v. Antwan thread...

or talk about the game.

I guess this thread has run its' course...too many "outsiders" that have nothing to do with either Goodpasture or Alcoa have put their .02 in and it has nothing to do with the game....(you know who you are)

or talk about the game.

This is one post that i agree with. Im out of here ,see yall at the game friday.good luck both teams congrads to Randall cobb for Mr. football great honor.....................GO COUGARS...................

1.8 is coming. It will be on the the TSSAA table soon...............

or talk about the game.

Thanks for your expert opinion. I'm really looking forward to your 2nd post. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

We have posted several posts ON the game. You don't have to be from either to post. Don't like...don't read.

I guess this thread has run its' course...too many "outsiders" that have nothing to do with either Goodpasture or Alcoa have put their .02 in and it has nothing to do with the game....(you know who you are)Either go to the Public v. Private debate or to the davepix v. Antwan thread...or talk about the game.

Like the name /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Always a good analysis...hey do you use rebelron in your email addy?

Classless???????????YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The sole reason you won't beat Maryville any time soon.You seem to forget that Gatlinburg-Pittman had a kid that currently is not being recruited by a D1 team throw for 400 yds. Oh yeah, I forget you were missing 2 starters and a kicker. Cobb barely played defense. Starters did not play in second half. Players didn't care. Fans didn't come because it wasn't big game because GP was the same as a little league powder puff team. And I'm a millionare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Explain please----In the last 10-15 years the city of Alcoa has annexed about everything coming or going. (Think they even tried to annex Maryville.) But Alcoa High School's enrollment has gone down? Why does the multiplier not apply to them?

Why should it?