South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

Fumble Bumble!!! Who cares? Would it have made a difference? No, A State Championship game played with the new "mercy" rule in affect, one call doesn't make a difference in that game.

On a side note though, the refs for all of the championship games make $100 to call the game, plus 10 cents a mile for gas, one would think that the TSSAA could afford to pay these refs more, to call the championship games, the refs have to love what they do, because they aint getting rich!!

I think it was a well called game.. I had nothing against the no calls late in the game in the Rebels favor /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!! What An Amazing Group Of Athlete's. Mckenzie Was Outclassed From The Whistle. 52 -20. And Thanks For The 20. We Really Stunk It Up. I Don't Think We Ever Got Off The Bus. And Maybe We Shouldn't Have. You Guys From South Pitt Tried To Tell Us But We Wouldn't Listen. Congratulations On An Amazing Season And A Thorough Trouncing Of My Rebels. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

Hey Butchie, you read back far enough to get that blue plate special?

Wow!!! What An Amazing Group Of Athlete's. Mckenzie Was Outclassed From The Whistle. 52 -20. And Thanks For The 20. We Really Stunk It Up. I Don't Think We Ever Got Off The Bus. And Maybe We Shouldn't Have. You Guys From South Pitt Tried To Tell Us But We Wouldn't Listen. Congratulations On An Amazing Season And A Thorough Trouncing Of My Rebels. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

WE TRIED TO TELL U BUTCHIE, BUT U WOULDN'T LISTEN. NOW DO U SEE THAT THE PIRATES ARE IN A DIFFERENT CLASS. HOWS THE CROW AND DON'T BE TO HARD ON THE OLD LADY.BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR.

THAT WAS A GOOD OLD COUNTRY WOPPEN /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Kevin, Isn't there a basketball game you need to be at /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It could have gone either way. But he was rolling over the defender when the ball came out. Only thing touching the ground was his calves down.

I dont do basketball unless its APSU, I played HS football in the early 90s and I played on some good teams. If I remember correctly I played 4 Thanksgiving weekend games, 2 semi-finals and 1 state title game in 3A.....

Hey Butchie, you read back far enough to get that blue plate special?

Butchie i'am not going to be mean about it:rolleyes: I'll cook it up the way you want /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Oven, stove top, Grill, i'll even wrap it in bacon and smoke it for you. invite Texas over! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Butchie rebels should be very pround of there accomlishments this year! You have been a class act on this thread /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

NO, what SP has is one heck of a Offensive Line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 8 yr old could score behind that O line. IMO # 21 looked better than #24, they both looked good but #21 just had that little something extra that you cant teach.

I agree about South Pitt's blocking. The second play from scrimmage the SP fullback wasn't even touched, Blocking got him a seam and as soon as he had a step on those DB's he was gone. Consistently SP's line was opening holes big time. Even on the "bad" run plays South Pitt was still getting tackled by the DB's, I bet the entire linebacking core had less than 15 tackles.

As far as McKenzie one of the biggest things they have had all year is a balanced attack, South Pitt jumped out to a 14-0 lead before the coin toss had landed, and I feel like McKenzie may have paniced a little bit. By the time they remembered they even had a Tailback they were down 28 and they had to throw the football.

To me this game was going to come down to one simple question, could McKenzie run with South Pitt. The answer was no by the way, no one in 1A even came close to running with South Pitt's speed.

Major congrats go out to South Pitt. I was probably one of the biggest doubters and I even teetered on the verge of being a hater but you proved every single critic wrong. You sure shut me up anyway. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I agree about South Pitt's blocking. The second play from scrimmage the SP fullback wasn't even touched, Blocking got him a seam and as soon as he had a step on those DB's he was gone. Consistently SP's line was opening holes big time. Even on the "bad" run plays South Pitt was still getting tackled by the DB's, I bet the entire linebacking core had less than 15 tackles.

As far as McKenzie one of the biggest things they have had all year is a balanced attack, South Pitt jumped out to a 14-0 lead before the coin toss had landed, and I feel like McKenzie may have paniced a little bit. By the time they remembered they even had a Tailback they were down 28 and they had to throw the football.

To me this game was going to come down to one simple question, could McKenzie run with South Pitt. The answer was no by the way, no one in 1A even came close to running with South Pitt's speed.

Major congrats go out to South Pitt. I was probably one of the biggest doubters and I even teetered on the verge of being a hater but you proved every single critic wrong. You sure shut me up anyway. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

May see Zone on here tonight. He will be wound as his 2 dollar watch he spoke of earlier. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Enjoy it Zone. You guys worked hard for it.

I dont do basketball unless its APSU, I played HS football in the early 90s and I played on some good teams. If I remember correctly I played 4 Thanksgiving weekend games, 2 semi-finals and 1 state title game in 3A.....

Hey Kevin, I'm really a nice guy. But you call me Moron and it's on. I don't suffer P##k's well /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I also played football on some pretty good teams. What happened in that state 3A title game? Silver

WAY TO GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Needless to say, my boys were very impressed! My 15 yr. old even asked if we could move to S. Pitt. so he can play for them.

McKenzie, I know your boys did what you said they would do...they brought their hearts to that field. Tell them fine job! They have no reason to hang their heads low. It came down to 2 teams...the 2 best in the state. This will leave them wanting more!

Piratetom, I am so sorry I didn't call. I don't know what I did with your #...my guess is that it's still laying on my desk at school (may have a touch of "old timers" kicking in...lol). Anyway, I looked for ya...just never did find ya.

Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Many, many, many people from the West were pulling for South Pitt. Hoping the score would be alot worse. We wanted to see you keep your starters in and give McKenzie a taste of their own medicine.

GLAD WE COULD HELP /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Heck of a job Pirates, If you could have seen me ,you would have thought it was Hampton playing,Iwas pulling hard for you fellers. The 4 teams you beat in the plkayoffs should be proud of you. You were by far thebetter team ,with a bunch of play makers.

As for Mckenzie,hold your heads up ,you give it all you had and had a great run.

Moral of the story ,Don't ever take a knife to a gun fight. Looks like the best 4 teams were in the East.