South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not, SP's Defense really won the game. Although their offense didn't hurt matters.

Mckenzie had been in games where their opposition scored a lot of points, but their offense was always able to keep up.

Them being stopped in the game by SP's defense took the wind out of their sails early.

When they couldn't rely on their offense, they had nothing else.

Congrats to SP

My son's "pee wee" football team had some shirts a few years ago with a logo on the back that I think is fitting for today's game..."Offense sells tickets...Defense wins games"...I'm not taking anything away from the offense by no means! The offense exploded from the get go, but the defense was right there to make sure McKenzie's didn't do the same.

First, I want to congratulate the South Pittsburg Pirates on the championship. Beyond a shadow of a doubt the best class A team I have ever seen!!! I doubt there are more than a handfull of teams in the west this season in ANY class that could take ya'll down. I didn't really ever expect our defense to hold ya'll down today but, sure didn't forsee a meltdown on our offense's part. They came to life a little during the 4th quarter but..............! Awesome show Pirates!!!!!

Zone, sorry that I didn't have time to look you up before the game (or after) just too much going on there........huh!!! I don't know if Butchie found you since I only saw him once just before kickoff and he was 2 sections down from me and moved somewhere before I had a chance to check in with him. I even tried calling his cell phone and he must not have had service or something???? I did check on our caps though and they are sold out. Hate it 'cause I wanted a new one too!!! Congrats on the win. Awesome team!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great season Rebels. Ya'll made McKenzie proud getting to the big dance. It didn't go so too good today but, you played with heart and didn't quit. This season made history for McKenzie Rebel football and now we can work toward the next level!!! Not but ONE thing left to do now Rebels!!!! Pay no attention to the detractors guys..........the ones laughing now because we beat them pretty soundly during the season. Obviously they havent seen the scores from all of South Pittusburg's games to say what some of them are saying!!! We both did some serious butt kicking to get to where we were today and they did more of it than we did!!!!! Today was gonna be a South Pittsburg win no matter who came out of our bracket. I'm just glad/proud it was us that got to face them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hold your heads up Rebels. Great season!!!!

My favorite comment during the season and after going 10-0 was "Y'all haven't played anybody."

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Well, Yall still haven't played anybody /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I watched it until it was 45 to 0 ,did South Pitt play the young guys any. Looks like you fellers will be a handful next season also. This was a GREAT 1a team. Hats off.

How else do you think that McKenzie managed to get on the board not just once but three times?

South Pitt cleared the bench of everyone that had pads on. Scary thought was just looking at the roster when only half the playmakers had "SR" next to them. There was a whole lot of "Soph" and "JR" out there from the get go. By the end of the game they had the JV and probobly an 8th grader or two in there.

Congratulations Speed Pittsburg, You went out there and played like men on a mission, 5 offensive plays and it was 14-0. McKenzie, hold your head up, you were dominated all night but you never gave up. The job did get finished tonight and it was the men in orange and black who finished it. One thing SP had over the Rebels was DRIVE they were playing to win this one for the legendary Don Grider, and I know DG was looking down from above tonight and grinning from ear to ear. Good Job Pirates, you reached your goal, and you did it in style. I'll take speed over size any day. After tonight EVERYONE knows who the best Class A team in Tennessee is,

The South Pittsburg Pirates.

Butchie is far from a class act. Go back and read some of his posts he made about weaker teams in his region. He dogged every team McKenzie played. McKenzie got mercy ruled. That is so funny.

Thanks South Pittsburgh from west Tennessee. I just wish you had of pounded them like they did to alot of weaker teams that they played this year. The score could have been 72-0.

McKenzie, the king of running the score up got pounded. I love it.

The Rebels were far from the Kings. Monstermouth, brouse around and look at the scores from South Pittsburg's games this season and our scores pale by comparison. They weren't necesaarily running it up either. Just that much better than their opponents. Teams don't get to the 'Boro by being "nice" every week to every little team that comes along. We all will have up seasons and down seasons and take it on the chin. Football is not for whiners!!!!!!! Heck, you don't even have the pride to claim who your team is!!!!!! At least we got ot go tho the 'Boro and face the best!!!!

tha' Duck

How else do you think that McKenzie managed to get on the board not just once but three times?

South Pitt cleared the bench of everyone that had pads on. Scary thought was just looking at the roster when only half the playmakers had "SR" next to them. There was a whole lot of "Soph" and "JR" out there from the get go. By the end of the game they had the JV and probobly an 8th grader or two in there.

Thanks FCSPRIDEATUT, I sort of figured they must have played the young kids some. I thought it would have took a month for Mckenzie to score 20 on the 1st group.

Did you see the play before the kneel down?????? Just curious. It dont bother me. I say if you got it flaunt it. Some folks think different. Then how many do they send to college? Wake up folks. Colleges look at stats. Sounds like other teams form the west resented the Rebels for doing it. But hey, thats what gets special players attention for the next level. Pulling players out of several games due to blowouts is bull in my opinion. If you cant hang with the big dogs, dont complain. Get better. Whats that teach a good player? Get ahead and you can sit down?? Thats my .02 cents.

Who else you want us to play? set it up we can go another friday nightBUT HEY we aint got too we are STATECHAMPIONS 2007 PIRATES #1

Nice post fence jumper. See you just joined Nov 16. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> How about Alcoa? Wanna play??? Just yanking you chain. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />