South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

UMPHOPPER IS 4 S.P.WHERE ON HERE HAVE I SAID ANYTHING AGAISNT S.P.R U DRINKING?

My deepest apology umphopper, I was just getting so excited in the game and my mistake I wrote your name on the post, I thought about it right after I did it but I lost internet connection and couldnt get back on to apologize to you. Good lick to you and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Mustang,

I was pretty tired when I posted that and didn't really complete my thoughts on that. I didn't see any team other than Henry Co. or Melrose this season in west TN that could have beaten them Friday afternoon. South Pittsburg is honestly better than most really believe possible though. TV and film doesn't do them justice because I saw film of them last week and I was at the game and then I've seen a tape of the game here at home. They look a lot better in person than they do on TV or film but you know that much since you were there. I don'tthink that they could beat most of the top teams in the higher classifications this season but, there are a couple of 'em that the Pirates could handle easiily. Alcoa, Maryville, Smyrna, David Lipscomb, etc. would be more than they could handle generally. But, I've never seen a class A team that could have stood up to them Friday for a fact!!! I've only seen one player in the last several years with the speed that SP has and that was Marco Dailey at Mount Pleasant last week in Round 4. The only problem is that SP has 6-7 players that fast on the field at all times!!!!! They are the only team that I saw this season that was both big and much faster than we were all the way across the board.

Many South Pittsburg fans have said that this years team is the best Pirate team ever. Considering that they have 4 Gold Balls and (I think) 3 Silver Balls that's a pretty profound statement. I sure ain't gonna argue with them. Naturally, I would say that they would have problems with Huntingdon's championship team and a couple of Milan's teams that I've seen through the years too. But, never in class A or in West TN this season with the exceptions mentioned have I seen anyone better. Admittedly there are a couple of teams that I didn't see this season in other classes that might stack up but, going with what I did see this season I'll stick to that.

Anyway, if they cut us off before I get to say so, look foreward to talkin' with you and all the others next season. We got a lot of work to do over here to even get back in the hunt next season and after all this time, my mind and fingers need a little break to rest up too.

You are very right about that punt return wall. That was textbook. I wish it had been us doing it!!!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I watched SP on TV and they were impressive , but in no way could stack up against the Ezell -Harding squad a few years back. I think they still have the scoring record and a lot more records as well with several players playing on D-1 schools.

I watched SP on TV and they were impressive , but in no way could stack up against the Ezell -Harding squad a few years back. I think they still have the scoring record and a lot more records as well with several players playing on D-1 schools.

NO compo here . SP would run them off the field like they did to all our other mouthy competition, cut some slack man, we won the state. Get off the sour grapes!

I guess the multiplier works! 1 private school and 4 public schools won state. Maybe next year they will use a 2.8 multiplier so it will be 5 of 5.

I hope this is a wake up call to the private schools and maybe thay will jump over to D-II were they belong. Stop crying about the multiplier rule. It was taken advantaged of for to many years and now the TSSAA has set the rule for now so either move to D-II or get ready for the public schools to keep winning the Gold.

Congrads to all of the schools that made to the Boro and it looks like Middle and East Tennessee FootbaLL is for real.

West TN. FB looks very weak on Paper. Only 5 Champs in last 15 or 20 yrs. Thats Bad. Wake up west Tn. Coaches and fans and relize that if you make it to the show it's really going to be hard to win the final game.

I'm not going back to read what everyone said but congrats to SP. I have to say I totally underestimated them. I put too much stock in to their loss last year to Gordonsville. Although McKenzie didn't play as well as they could have, I don't think it would have made that much of a difference. Congrats to McKenzie on the silver ball as well. Great year of football in 1A and I can't wait till next year!

I hope this is a wake up call to the private schools and maybe thay will jump over to D-II were they belong. Stop crying about the multiplier rule. It was taken advantaged of for to many years and now the TSSAA has set the rule for now so either move to D-II or get ready for the public schools to keep winning the Gold.

Congrads to all of the schools that made to the Boro and it looks like Middle and East Tennessee FootbaLL is for real.

West TN. FB looks very weak on Paper. Only 5 Champs in last 15 or 20 yrs. Thats Bad. Wake up west Tn. Coaches and fans and relize that if you make it to the show it's really going to be hard to win the final game.

According to your faulty logic, I guess the east teams should expect to have to play with a mulitplier now? and then expect to have to jump over to D-II later on? Hey, that philosophy has not worked well in the communist countries so why would it work in Tennessee sports? I guess the next thing you would think would be fair is if the privates all played without pads and helmets and tied one hand behind their back. I guess the east teams would be expected to do the same thing if they continue to dominate? Are you really that dumb? or are you pretending?

All who witnessed this pirate team play will always remember them as a team that was possibly the most exciting team to ever wear the orange & black. Congradulations on a perfect season. For the seniors who have worn the pirate uniform for the last time, you have set the bar high for next years team and senior group.

According to your faulty logic, I guess the east teams should expect to have to play with a mulitplier now? and then expect to have to jump over to D-II later on? Hey, that philosophy has not worked well in the communist countries so why would it work in Tennessee sports? I guess the next thing you would think would be fair is if the privates all played without pads and helmets and tied one hand behind their back. I guess the east teams would be expected to do the same thing if they continue to dominate? Are you really that dumb? or are you pretending?

As long as a team is using players who already are living in their community and not just move there and/or are asked to come there and get a scholarship then I could care less if they dominate for 10 strait years. When a team is able to bring talent in, regardless of how or what you call it, it is recruiting and unless all of the teams can do it, it gives the teams that can an unfair advantage. BA did this for years and they had great teams but, like it or not, they had an unfair advantage over their competition.

Take Maryville for example, they do not recruit, after watching them play the other night I can promise you that. Like many posters who support that team have stated many times, if they recruit then their recruiters need to be fired b/c they have an undersized line, 150-160 pound RBs, and only a couple of athletes that really stand out at all. They were however technically sound and very well coached.

I have been watching and playing football for many years , and if spitt played any team in Tennessee like they did Mckenzie. they are in a run for there money.... I am not!!! all that impressed with Maryville after watching them.. certanly not as fast as spitt. i think Spitt could put 21 on them, not sure how many maryville would or could do.. THIS is the best offensive Team i have ever seen at spitt.... when you run the single wing you basicly have one power and thats the Tailback.... and then you have 3 or 4 great runners on the sidleline twiddling there thumbs... wing T puts all fast backs into play.... I have seen and know of some great great athletes and i believe if we ran this wing T with all the speed we have we would have 3 or 4 more Gold ball's.. if this Team had the defense that 1994 team had it would have been the best Team ive ever seen..... and for those of you that says and ive heard some say wow he run's a 4.2 40.. please STOP no one has ever in history ran a 4.2 40... Deon Sander ran the fastest Time ever clocked at a 4.25 at the combines... no one in Tennessee run's anything under probably a 4.4......

I have been watching and playing football for many years , and if spitt played any team in Tennessee like they did Mckenzie. they are in a run for there money.... I am not!!! all that impressed with Maryville after watching them.. certanly not as fast as spitt. i think Spitt could put 21 on them, not sure how many maryville would or could do.. THIS is the best offensive Team i have ever seen at spitt.... when you run the single wing you basicly have one power and thats the Tailback.... and then you have 3 or 4 great runners on the sidleline twiddling there thumbs... wing T puts all fast backs into play.... I have seen and know of some great great athletes and i believe if we ran this wing T with all the speed we have we would have 3 or 4 more Gold ball's.. if this Team had the defense that 1994 team had it would have been the best Team ive ever seen..... and for those of you that says and ive heard some say wow he run's a 4.2 40.. please STOP no one has ever in history ran a 4.2 40... Deon Sander ran the fastest Time ever clocked at a 4.25 at the combines... no one in Tennessee run's anything under probably a 4.4......

I agree w/ what you say about the single-wing and the wing-T but the key is you have to have the personel to run those schemes. Some teams do only have 1 legit back and they should run single-wing or pro-I while some teams like SP has 3-5 guys w/ speed that can all carry the ball effectively and a wing-T offense is ideal.....

Also, and I am not 100% sure but it seems like I remember Deon Sanders and Bo Jackson both runing like 4.19 - 4.18 range. I am not sure but that really sounds accurate to me, anybody else remember hearing those times or am I just dreaming?

SP was the best team in 1A this year but don't let that go to your head. They would have given Alcoa a good game and David Lipscomb also but Maryville and Smyrna would have kept them in check. Way too much depth. IMO. Alcoa is a heck of a team but Maryville put them away don't forget. Sometimes looking across classes can be fun and alot of teams can play a level or 2 above their own but 3 or 4 levels is a bit much.

I realize SP this year beat several 2A teams. A couple of years ago Trousdale beat LA and they later won the 3A title so I have no doubt that SP could play with most 2A and 3A teams this year but I don't think they could go to a power like Maryville and have a chance.

I agree w/ what you say about the single-wing and the wing-T but the key is you have to have the personel to run those schemes. Some teams do only have 1 legit back and they should run single-wing or pro-I while some teams like SP has 3-5 guys w/ speed that can all carry the ball effectively and a wing-T offense is ideal.....

Also, and I am not 100% sure but it seems like I remember Deon Sanders and Bo Jackson both runing like 4.19 - 4.18 range. I am not sure but that really sounds accurate to me, anybody else remember hearing those times or am I just dreaming?

The record says deon at the NFL combine was a 4.25